CM4Sci

Disney Princesses 2017 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, Hythonia said:

What! New Ursula set?! Someone must have pics? Pleeease?

Haven't seen a picture of the set, I think. Anyway, skip to 3:16 and focus on the minifig turntable. Ursala looks fabulous! 

The picture was removed a few hours after it was posted, no idea why. In the video you can actually see a little bit of Ursula's lair and the wheel's of Cinderella's carriage on the right side of the screen.

Edited by strangely

8 hours ago, strangely said:

The picture was removed a few hours after it was posted, no idea why.

Because those 2 sets weren't allowed to be photographed. 

6 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Yeah, I figured that. What I couldn't figure out is why Lego wouldn't allow photos of two sets based on movies that are decades old, especially since they did allow photos of the Snow White set.

It's strange to me that they recolored Cinderella's carriage to match the movie but she still has that blue dress and yellow hair. Why follow the coloring for one thing if there was no intention for doing that with the others. Granted, an even better question is why do the carriage again paired with a Cinderella variation that can't even physically sit down. They would have been better off doing the ballroom.

Edited by strangely

Honestly, I love all three. Ursula is one of my favorite characters of all time, so I'm in for her lair 100%. I can't believe it's taken so long for a Snow White set. And the Cinderella set looks great (Fairy Godmother!). I really hope if Cinderella gets future sets, we get Lady Tremaine and/or the stepsisters.

That Ursula looks really hideous, and not in a good way. I like the carriage for Cinderella and is that the Fairy Godmother using the new Belle dress? At least the Ursula set build looks decent. 

5 hours ago, strangely said:

It's strange to me that they recolored Cinderella's carriage to match the movie but she still has that blue dress and yellow hair. Why follow the coloring for one thing if there was no intention for doing that with the others. Granted, an even better question is why do the carriage again paired with a Cinderella variation that can't even physically sit down. They would have been better off doing the ballroom.

Because kids will want a blue dress Cinderella and they don't care what colour the carriage is if it looks nice. I have no clue why the fairy godmother is purple though, I've never seen that recolour before.

I agree with the fact it's weird Cinderella can't sit down, though I suppose you could always give her tattered pink dress piece if you want her to sit down.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I like the carriage for Cinderella and is that the Fairy Godmother using the new Belle dress? 

Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother both use the Belle puffy dress piece! 

12 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Does anyone really care if those sets aren't allowed to be photographed. It's lego we should be able to take pictures of anything that is interesting.

23 minutes ago, 9v system said:

Does anyone really care if those sets aren't allowed to be photographed. It's lego we should be able to take pictures of anything that is interesting.

Evidently Lego seems to care. Now knowing that they care, why would they put new non-photograph-able sets out in a room full of photographers is beyond me...point being, out of respect for Lego, we won't allow unauthorized photos to be posted here at Eurobricks. No matter how interesting they may be. 

You may of course discuss them here at will however. :thumbup:

So, Cinderella stole Marge Simpsons necklace? That's kind of weird, but no less weird than including half of Cinderella's pink dress. I mean cool idea, but why only the bottom half? Cinderella's dress color is still wrong, though I appreciate the sleeve printing around the top of the arms. The Fairy Godmother's coloring doesn't seem right either. All in all, two steps forward, one step back for the mini-dolls. Credit where credit is due, the build is a lot better.

As for the Little Mermaid... I hate this set even more than I already did. A sticker of a statue, why? Where they afraid that if they included a gray mini-doll that children would be confused? That Ursula is terrible. Her lair is a pretty decent design though, like the color choices made here.

I see that Ursula and the Fairy Godmother have been on the Lego Friends Diet...

Poor use of stickers in the Mermaid set. The transformation chamber confuses me. You have a sticker of Ariel and yet place the mini doll in there...redundant?

10 hours ago, strangely said:

As for the Little Mermaid... I hate this set even more than I already did. A sticker of a statue, why? Where they afraid that if they included a gray mini-doll that children would be confused? 

Agree 100%

They already have the Eric minidoll. They just needed to produce a recolored version. 

Not convinced but as an AFOL I guess I'm not the target even if I used to take some Disney sets for my medieval fantasy story. Maybe I'll take Ursula lair but I'm quite disappointed about it, the LEGO Ideas version was much better (with minifigs)

Not a huge fan of the designs, but I think the abandonment of the "Princess" branding was a great idea. Now there are actual playable movie scenes. 

On 2/19/2017 at 7:22 AM, Robert8 said:

Agree 100%

They already have the Eric minidoll. They just needed to produce a recolored version. 

While that makes sense for minifigures as grey is commonly used for minifigures, it's an absurd idea to think it could work for minidolls budget wise. It at the very least would be a grey re colour for the head, the head has only come in four colours so far, two of which will just be introduced in the summer. And if the head alone is a headache they would also need: grey recolour for the torso, legs, arms and hands. Minidolls rarely ever use grey pieces so most of these would become exclusive to build something most kids wouldn't even play with. 

I do too think the sticker for the statue looks dismal, but a mini doll would be far to pricey. 

On 2/18/2017 at 8:56 PM, strangely said:

So, Cinderella stole Marge Simpsons necklace? That's kind of weird, but no less weird than including half of Cinderella's pink dress. I mean cool idea, but why only the bottom half? Cinderella's dress color is still wrong, though I appreciate the sleeve printing around the top of the arms. The Fairy Godmother's coloring doesn't seem right either. All in all, two steps forward, one step back for the mini-dolls. Credit where credit is due, the build is a lot better.

The "Marge Simpson" necklace was a plotpoint in the 1950's Cinderella, she borrowed one of her sisters' necklaces without permission only for it to be ripped of her. The reason for its inclusion is so it could work with the bottom half of her pink dress, saving the designers from coming up with a new torso. I think it would've made more sense to use an older Cinderella torso and then have a little extra room left in the budget for a new pink dress torso, but oh well. The same could go for Ariel, who's missing the top half of her white dress. The extra leg pieces are nice but we need torsos too! 

On 2/19/2017 at 6:06 AM, skelliesgang said:

I see that Ursula and the Fairy Godmother have been on the Lego Friends Diet...

I think it makes more sense for them to be average mini doll size rather than plump, there would be outcries of the lack of inclusion of other plump minidolls in the Friends theme.

Even if they put plump characters in Friends sets, LEGO heavily limits the amounts of minidolls included in sets so there's very little opportunity for plump characters to even have a chance in a set. Certainly not enough to stop people from complaining. 

6 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

The "Marge Simpson" necklace was a plotpoint in the 1950's Cinderella, she borrowed one of her sisters' necklaces without permission only for it to be ripped of her. The reason for its inclusion is so it could work with the bottom half of her pink dress, saving the designers from coming up with a new torso.

I understood that, but the necklace isn't even the same color as it was in the movie, so it doesn't really work at all.

I am quite sure there was actually a statue, in that pose, in Ariel's hideaway. I think King Triton destroys it early in the film. A minidoll can't stand in that pose, so a sticker to show it makes sense. I hope the set includes the fork.

Both of these would be good parts packs for me. I could use that hood for BOBS, and I have some ideas for the dresses.

Edited by gedren_y

On 2/24/2017 at 9:23 PM, Soupperson1 said:

the head has only come in four colours so far, two of which will just be introduced in the summer.  - Wait, there's two new minidoll skin tones in the summer waves? Purple for Ursula, but what's the other one?

The "Marge Simpson" necklace was a plotpoint in the 1950's Cinderella, she borrowed one of her sisters' necklaces without permission only for it to be ripped of her. The reason for its inclusion is so it could work with the bottom half of her pink dress, saving the designers from coming up with a new torso. - what necklace are you referring to?

I'm happy for anything Disney, so I'll welcome these sets. Wish their was a view of what's going on inside Tremaine Manor!

WTF is that Ursula though? I'll leave that at the door and replace the set with the minifigure version of her.

Can't wait for these sets.  I may have to pick up an extra Ursula to mix with some Lego Elves parts to make a Dark Elf character

I'm looking forward to pick these sets up, all three also the Snow White junior set :) Pitty of stickers and maybe Ursula could look bit more like the animations , but we get new Disney sets so I'm allready happy :)

On 3/2/2017 at 9:59 PM, FortNerd said:

Oops sorry for the late reply. March Harriet has Flame Yellowish Orange skin.

On 3/6/2017 at 3:08 PM, LegoAndDisney said:

Wish their was a view of what's going on inside Tremaine Manor!

It's basically a facade. There's a stickered plate acting as Cinderella's bed on the second floor and a key on floor one. Rather disappointing if you ask me, but it's at least better than the other set.

On a side note how come there hasn't been a single store exclusive Disney set yet? With three princesses and a ton of side characters still missing I can't see why not?