CM4Sci

Disney Princesses 2017 - Rumors & Discussion

On December 17, 2016 at 10:55 PM, kirkwoodproductions said:

http://brickset.com/sets/41313-1/Heartlake-Summer-Pool

Martina has a new hairpiece that looks suspiciously similar to Mulan ... maybe we're finally getting a Mulan set in the Summer wave ...

I wouldn't guess we're getting a Mulan set based on a hairpiece as we'd still need a mould for Mushu. I think at this stage it we just get the Princess, the Prince and an animal sidekick, all the princesses would only need about one new mould, so Mulan isn't  particularly special. Personally I think Mulan will come in a 2018 set to coincide with the two Mulan films that are coming out that year, as there's a chance the set will sell better. Besides, when the Disney Princess line promote Mulan she usally has a bun on the top of her head and Martina doesn't have one. 

Side Note:Could a similar mould used to create the goblins in elves be used for the dwarfs in Snow White? 

So in the Northern Lights one of the videos online shows off what could be Remy. Perhaps for Series 2. Oaken and the rock trolls are also featured in it, so you can see what they can potentially look like in LEGO form.

Sorry if you guys have already talked about it, I just saw them on LEGO's Youtube channel so I thought I'd share. 

Edited by Ashnflash

I may not like the film but I really do admit elsa's magical palace looks amazing im very very tempted to pick it up next month

ok am I the only person here who thinks it would look great next to sir fangar's ice fortress from Legends of Chima

'The character of Heihei was present in the earliest versions of the story, though with an entirely different personality. Originally, Heihei was assigned to join Moana's journey as an antagonistic watchdog, by orders of Chief Tui. He was portrayed as aggressive, proud, and judgmental'

maybe this explains the evil looking Heihei in the set, if the designers based it off early promo images and info.

Dutch toy shop sinQel is listing Summer set 41145 as 'Ariel en de toverspreuk' which translates to 'Ariel and the Spell'

€34.99 - so probably £25-30

maybe theres a chance for an Ursula figure there

Oh good, another Little Mermaid set, I was hoping they'd go back to that empty well to squeeze just a little bit more out of it. Doubting they'd make Ursula and if they did would anyone really want an Ursula that has the proportions of a standard minidoll? The only way they'd make me interested in this set is if they did it as a minifigure set with a play featuring turning Ariel into a human. Sadly this will probably just include Ariel with the CMF hair and little else. Prove me wrong Lego, prove me wrong...

It would have been a great time to do Beauty and the Beast sets. Last years offering was disappointing and with the movie out soon it would have been an ideal time. It baffles me that it's now just a Disney line, not even a Disney Princess line and yet they're still sticking only to mini-dolls and pretty much only to animated princess movies. I really think that if they're going to keep using the same franchises year after year they could at least throw in minifigure versions of the characters from time to time. It's not as if children are clamoring for an army of Ariel mini-dolls...

Edited by strangely

It's probably going to end up to be similar to the set she appeared in with Eric from a few years back. While I'd love a lair, the only villains we've got before are in the Moana set. It seems really unlikely we'll go from no villains to a set based on one, though if I'm wrong I'm really happy! :P

Aren't we supposed to get one other set? Hopefully it's someone new.

Is Ariel even THAT popular? Maybe the other princesses would be if, you know, they gave them some promotion? :hmpf_bad:

10 hours ago, Ultron said:

Is Ariel even THAT popular? Maybe the other princesses would be if, you know, they gave them some promotion? :hmpf_bad:

That's crazy everyone knows Ariel is the most popular princess, otherwise they couldn't possibly get away with releasing the same old variation again and again and get away with it. Who needs princesses like Snow White when we have a true classic Disney heroine like Ariel!

Oh well, eventually they'll give us something new. Eventually...

2 hours ago, strangely said:

That's crazy everyone knows Ariel is the most popular princess, otherwise they couldn't possibly get away with releasing the same old variation again and again and get away with it. Who needs princesses like Snow White when we have a true classic Disney heroine like Ariel!

Cinderella actually is the most popular princess. :P I believe Ariel is second.

6 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Cinderella actually is the most popular princess. :P I believe Ariel is second.

Oh, I know. I was being sarcastic. I don't like Ariel that much, in fact my opinion for that movie falls into the dislike category. I know it started the Disney renaissance and whatnot, but I am tired of it.

I don't mind another Little Mermaid set, but I'm hoping for minifigures. Minidolls are so skinny, so how could they make an Ursula with her tentacles in that style? Hopefully the build will be interesting and they give us a human Ariel.

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don't mind another Little Mermaid set, but I'm hoping for minifigures. Minidolls are so skinny, so how could they make an Ursula with her tentacles in that style? Hopefully the build will be interesting and they give us a human Ariel.

Almost impossible. We rarely ever get all female based sets nor does Disney market female based proprieties to boys and no matter what anyone says the numbers support the fact mini-dolls are loved by young girls, who don't like minifigures. If we were to get minifigure Disney sets it would probably have different set numbers and it's unlikely it would feature the princesses.  

As for an Ursula figure we'll have to wait and see, though I still think it's unlikely she'll appear.

The minidoll was designed to appeal to the doll buying market, not the regular Lego buyers. The Disney figures buying market overlaps greatly with the doll buying market, so keeping them as minidolls makes good business sense. Also, from the Disney perspective, maintaining the look of the characters has to be a priority, even if the line gets expanded to include more than the princesses and their suitors.

As to characters outside the minidoll proportions, just look at the new Elves sets.

Even though a junior set, Brickset has listed Snow Whites Forest Cottage! Hopefully it's not a duplo one.

Edited by DragonElves

16 minutes ago, DragonElves said:

Even though a junior set, Brickset has listed Snow Whites Forest Cottage! Hopefully it's not a duplo one.

yes!!!!!!! 10738

Edited by sousmarineuse