CM4Sci

Disney Princesses 2017 - Rumors & Discussion

On 20.10.2016 at 9:58 PM, notpennysboat said:

Okay, sure I'll get it ! I love the new chicken !

I hope it will look like a normal rooster, but it will probably look like the huge-eyed Disney fig. To bad a rooster would go perfect with the minifig sized hen/chicken :hmpf_bad:

You can see the rooster on the sail boat with the figs.  Its normal size like the chickens are and its red yellow and green.

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I hope it will look like a normal rooster, but it will probably look like the huge-eyed Disney fig. To bad a rooster would go perfect with the minifig sized hen/chicken :hmpf_bad:

From the image, it looks like a normal chicken recolored in rooster, it seems to be the same size. 

I think I'm gonna take the 2 Moana sets, just for the constructions or the bricks. I have a medieval fantasy collection with pirates, Islanders etc...so that kind of sets is perfect for my theme.

On October 23, 2016 at 6:33 AM, notpennysboat said:

From the image, it looks like a normal chicken recolored in rooster, it seems to be the same size. 

No the shaping is different, this one is more curvy and has feet!

The rooster looks sweet.  The set doesn't seem to bad.  The new sail will be useful.

I hope they will reuse the rooster in a regular set with normal printing

Are we sure the big guy is not a villain? Because he looks like he is about to beat the bricks out of Moana in that pic

Great ! Thank you CM4Sci ! I love the rooster but so not fan about the eyes. For now, it is the one, it'll do the trick ! But I hope a regular generic version.
Robert8 I've heard this guy will be her friend and co-adventurer :)

4 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

picture 

Thanks!

On my Christmas list!

edit:

My daughter: "I want it! I want it! I want it!"

On her Christmas list!

Edited by sousmarineuse

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I hope they will reuse the rooster in a regular set with normal printing

9 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I love the rooster but so not fan about the eyes. For now, it is the one, it'll do the trick ! But I hope a regular generic version.

I hope for a minifig version as well, but I think Lego never have used a "minidoll-animal" in a minifigset before :sceptic:

Will be interesting to see the rooster next to the hen/chicken piece :thumbup:

The minidoll is an instant winner. The bigfig needs more leaves in his grass skirt, rather that a single shade blob of green. I didn't realize the fish hook was brick built! That's a neat idea, but the handle should be a brown or sandy color.

The rooster just doesn't resemble its movie counterpart in any way.

On November 4, 2016 at 9:44 PM, Robert8 said:

Are we sure the big guy is not a villain? Because he looks like he is about to beat the bricks out of Moana in that pic

He's clearly positioned as the movie's secondary lead (have you not seen the trailers?), and more importantly, he's not a Disney-original character, but rather a Disney take on a pre-existing mythical figure, Māui, a cultural hero of Māori people. Making him a villain would be like making a villain out of Mohammed or Jesus. I find it extremely, profoundly unlikely Disney would turn him into a villain, given that they're not actively trying to antagonize the entire culture the movie is ostensibly celebrating.

Edited by Blondie-Wan
Adding diacritical marks and missing "n"

On November 11, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Toc13 said:

Is it based on Maori or Hawaiian mythology?

Polynesian, actually (the movie). Maui himself is based on the Hawaiian cultural figure.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Someone over on ebay is selling both Moana sets early, we have not had official images of the sets, and they are already starting to pop up in stores. Both look great, favorite one is the ocean voyage.

1 hour ago, jake0324demo said:

Someone over on ebay is selling both Moana sets early, we have not had official images of the sets, and they are already starting to pop up in stores. Both look great, favorite one is the ocean voyage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Disney-Moana-41149-Island-Adventure-41150-Ocean-Voyage-NEW-FREE-SHIPPING-/381851279972?hash=item58e81c2264:g:bDgAAOSwcUBYLMIi

Looking at these images, Maui looks great. The facial expression fits the character from the movie perfectly. Moana, Pua (the pig), and HeiHei (the chicken) also look really good. Can't wait to pick these sets up.

Pictures of palace pet sets and frozen palace are up on brickset as of half an hour ago.

frozen set looks very good in my opinion and I even quite like the palace pet sets!

Anna's snow adventure now up, really nice small set with a new horse!

Edited by DragonElves

Moana sets are up on shop@home. Both look great, and despite the exaggerated eyes I think the rooster could be used with minifigures. Overall a good part selection including the animals, fabric sail, black shields, fruits etc. I'm probably going to pick these up once they get a decent discount.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Moana-s-Ocean-Voyage-41150

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Moana-s-Island-Adventure-41149

Good news... Picked up the Ocean Voyage set last night. Packaging looks great and one would never suspect it was part of the princess line save for the Moana mini doll. Obviously scale of the Island 'portion' character is minuscule, but the play feature of the island really represents the movie well for those who saw it. Inclusion of the coconut creatures is a really nice touch as well. Would love to bricklink about 100 of them and build a full scale ship of those evil coconuts.

Bad news... It's for my daughter so it took all my willpower not to open and build it. Wife saw I was eyeing it so she promptly wrapped it and stashed it.

Good news... Wife didn't notice the Batcave I picked up for myself that was mixed in with all the other gifts I picked up for the kids.

On 11/28/2016 at 8:40 AM, Cmay91472 said:

Good news... Picked up the Ocean Voyage set last night. Packaging looks great and one would never suspect it was part of the princess line save for the Moana mini doll. Obviously scale of the Island 'portion' character is minuscule, but the play feature of the island really represents the movie well for those who saw it. Inclusion of the coconut creatures is a really nice touch as well. Would love to bricklink about 100 of them and build a full scale ship of those evil coconuts.

Bad news... It's for my daughter so it took all my willpower not to open and build it. Wife saw I was eyeing it so she promptly wrapped it and stashed it.

Good news... Wife didn't notice the Batcave I picked up for myself that was mixed in with all the other gifts I picked up for the kids.

This made me laugh.