Just now, dellock6 said:

And you forgot the hidden best set of 2017, with the three combined sets you can have the new car chassis ;)

I heard about that, which three sets do I pick up?

Is it supposed to be an update of the very old Car Chassis set? (sorry for all the Qs, I'm a Technic newbie)

There's a thread here: 

You need to combine 42057 - ULTRALIGHT HELICOPTER, 42061 - TELEHANDLER and the 42063 - BMW R 1200 GS ADVENTURE even if there will be many unused parts. And yes it's supposed to be a tribute to the 8860 chassis from 1980 (I set I owned at the time btw).

On 4/5/2017 at 1:37 PM, dellock6 said:

Me neither, I would have never buy them if it wasn't for the chassis ;)

I like the Telehandler and would buy it even if it were not or the Chassis. The other sets, meh.. But I do like another Hover bike I found for the BMW. 

The Chassis was a really fun build, I highly recommend it.  I built it and posted my impressions here...

I'm I'm not really interested in any of the other second half sets, so the Chassis is probably it for me for Technic this yer.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

IMO the Telehandler is way overpriced. If it went by the 10 cent per piece rule, it should be around $25- $30 USD. The only reason the real price of $40 would be justified is the bucket and outrigger piece.

13 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

IMO the Telehandler is way overpriced. If it went by the 10 cent per piece rule, it should be around $25- $30 USD. The only reason the real price of $40 would be justified is the bucket and outrigger piece.

Its true, its true, its damn true... i was going to buy it but not for that price, not even close. It should even have cost much less than the 42060 because it has 100 less pieces.... imo 42061 is worth $15 tops

15 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Except the 10 cent per piece rule is not how TLG prices sets. If you look at the weight of the plastic in the 42061 and the number of big pieces I think you can see that the 42061 should cost more than the 42060. Also, 46 PF the 100 extra parts in the 42060 are the tiny tread links, not much good to me, in fact the number of small parts is the reason I did not, will not But the 42060.

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

Has anyone mentioned the rubber inserts on the tracks of extreme adventure 42069, haven't seen them before, is it a new part? They should really increase the transaction...

1 hour ago, Siegfried Meyer said:

Thanks haven't bought anything other than technic for the last 7 year might have to look into those then

These sets. Keep in mind that both are expensive and contain relatively few rubber attachments.

There is an interesting interview today in Czech newspaper with Milan Reidl (aka Grohl), designer of technic sets. Apparently the tracked racer (42065) is designed my Milan, the car chasis is his job as well. He also mentioned that a very large set designed by him will hit the shelves in August. So he is maybe designer of 42070?

33 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

There is an interesting interview today in Czech newspaper with Milan Reidl (aka Grohl), designer of technic sets. Apparently the tracked racer (42065) is designed my Milan, the car chasis is his job as well. He also mentioned that a very large set designed by him will hit the shelves in August. So he is maybe designer of 42070?

No, Uwe Wabra is. He might have meant 42069.

Sure, you are right, I forget it was mentioned here. I wouldn't consider 42069 "very large" but it is more probable than anything else.

42069 may probably be his largest set to date, considering that its piece count may be larger than that of 42052 (1042), his current largest set.

I wouldn't be surprised if the car chassis is his design. His specialty is coming up with a model with a fixed array of pieces. Like, literally give him a box and he'll come up with the required model in some way.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

1 hour ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the car chassis is his design. His specialty is coming up with a model with a fixed array of pieces. Like, literally give him a box and he'll come up with the required model in some way.

Yeah he's really amazing. He made a sports car out of Roadwork Crew.

6 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I like his 42023 scraper model, which I think really illustrates that point. It uses such a limited selection of parts and has some clever functions.

Is there anymore news on model 42070 Tow Truck? I am waiting on this set to be my next purchase. Although one xl motor to drive seems very under powered for 1800 pieces and massive 6x6 driven wheels. To put that into perspective, 8275 bulldozer had two xl motors to drive it...

2 hours ago, sama said:

Is there anymore news on model 42070 Tow Truck? I am waiting on this set to be my next purchase. Although one xl motor to drive seems very under powered for 1800 pieces and massive 6x6 driven wheels. To put that into perspective, 8275 bulldozer had two xl motors to drive it...

Yes, there is more news on the Tow Truck. We are all discussing it in a super secret forum. I have said it before; stop asking about information or pictures. When there's info, it will be posted.

16 hours ago, sama said:

I'd think that tracks would require more power, especially on smooth surfaces. Also, there'd need to be one motor for each track, as tracked vehicles can't actually 'steer' like wheeled vehicles do. I'm sure LEGO have some tricks up their collective sleeve, or at least Uwe Wabra does. Hopefully. I'm looking forward to knowing more.

Edited by Maaboo35
Expanded comment

As I see, there is no replica of 42069 here, mostly because 42070 was much more desired, so we have an amazing creation of dokludi, that impressed us by the skill once again. :thumbup:
However I didn't find anything for "Extreme Adventure" so far, so I stared my own attempt. It's only a thin frame mostly, but the size is correct and you can check how big or small it: 54 x 21 L without tracks.

800x409.jpg

LXF file is already here: 42069 Replica.lxf

P.S. Not so interesting, but I found that the rear door has loops on the right side, so it opens to the right and a spare wheel (sprocket actually) looks like a handle of a locking mechanism. Plus I found that it's a some assembly made of a LBG 5x11 panels inside the trunk. 

Edited by Void_S