any sign of the instructions being made public for the Technic retro car advertised at the toy fairs? the one using three 2017 Technic Sets?

13 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

any sign of the instructions being made public for the Technic retro car advertised at the toy fairs? the one using three 2017 Technic Sets?

I'm more interested in the B-models for the big three. Right now my interest in the big truck kind of rests on what else you can do with it. Ditto the other two.

On 3/11/2017 at 10:43 AM, paul_delahaye said:

I think I remember one of the videos referencing that the chassis instructions would be released in August. I really don't see the need to wait until then (except to build more hype... mission accomplished) as all the sets required are already available, in fact I have them just waiting for the instructions.

I would really like to see some more detailed photos so that maybe I could attempt the build before the instructions are available.

oh, well, 

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I feel this needs a forklift or pallet jack and worker to finish it off, as well as a few more concrete support details for the building, as mikeright suggested above.

Edited by garypope
remove hyperlink

Maybe a silly question, but I find it hard to believe that no one when attending the toy fairs has picked up the boxes on the trade stand and looked at the pictures on the back of them, however I've just considered the reason could be that the boxes might be just moch-up and don't have anything on the back of them?

5 hours ago, garypope said:

I feel this needs a small forklift or pallet jack and worker to finish it off, as well as a few more concrete support details for the building, as mikeright suggested above.

Welcome to EB. You sure this is the right topic for your answer? :wink:

1 hour ago, paul_delahaye said:

Maybe a silly question, but I find it hard to believe that no one when attending the toy fairs has picked up the boxes on the trade stand and looked at the pictures on the back of them...

Maybe it wasn't allowed. Just a guess, not sure.

19 hours ago, Jim said:

Maybe it wasn't allowed. Just a guess, not sure.

Or the boxes for Trade fairs are not the same as for the shops. Back side might be easily just black.

What's about the color of 42070? There are no new infos yet. At a detailed video of FamilyGamerTV on YouTube, the truck looks like really bright and I think it is a medium azure color rather than dark azure. There are no videos or pictures that shows the medium azure pullback together with the 42070 for direct comparison, so all what we can do is speculate up to August. But compared with videos of the new Boost set, the truck looks medium azure, because the dark azure Boost parts are really darker.So what the community does think? Is it medium or dark azure? Maybe that's the big TLG 40 anniversary surprise to let us guess what color it is :D      

2 hours ago, rumpletump said:

All this is good and well.... But where is the super car?

Just last year.

Noticed on Technibricks that 'the next series of PF2 elements will be here in the second half of 2017" is posted in a discussion on WeDo2 and LDD - does this mean that 42070 will have PF2 after all???  Or something else is in the works?

15 hours ago, LvdH said:

It has been said the Porsche was just something on the side, not part of 2H16. 

It still is a  lego Technic Supercar.

19 hours ago, rumpletump said:

All this is good and well.... But where is the super car?

16 hours ago, Kaanere said:

Just last year.

I have been away from here for a bit so forgive my ignorance but last time I was here the talk was that the super car was to be the first of a series of supercars.... Not a one off..

Can somebody please bring me up to speed :)

Henry

All the information we have is that the Porsche is the first of a series, and nothing else. We don't have any sort of timeline or anything besides that. But, given that we have had a certain group of c-err, bootleggers copy the Porsche, Lego might not have wanted to show off another supercar, if it were to happpen this year. I personally think Lego might be waiting until 2018, as they probably would have had a listing, or something. Also, I still have my doubts about PF 2.0. Firstly, the new connectors, and smart motors make zero sense for Technic sets. I don't get the new connector design at all, but I think that kind of stuff is more along the lines of the next Mindstorms stuff, rather than PF. Also, 42070 makes zero sense as a debut set, unless of course it is not actually the flagship, as was rumored some pages back. So, we effectively know nothing, and people are just asking dumb questions.

For those complaining about the price of 42066 Air Race Jet, it's currently sold at 80 EUR on amazon.de w free shipping

7 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

For those complaining about the price of 42066 Air Race Jet, it's currently sold at 80 EUR on amazon.de w free shipping

Thanks for the tip! Hesitated because I'm not really convinced by the model, but ordered it nevertheless. @Sariel's review convinced me that the building experience is worth it. Let's see ...

It's cool that they spent time on the cover page to make it the same as the original.

Now, to get those 3 sets so I can build it!

800x558.jpg8860-1.jpg

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Great news, althogh it is already nice as a stand-alone model, I already see AFOLS being busy on making suspension on the front too, maybe 4WD as well... :classic:

This hatchback bodywork from @Petter would work also well with this chassis, looks like the same scale: