Accidentally, last year's Porsche doesn't look that bad despite being separate, ultimate, Technic set. Even the colour is somewhat nice (I've expected non-orange). But this.... this is back to 2000's. We already have Technic-like SW figure sets again, so Slizers, Speed Slammers or RoboRiders should be expected next year?

The airport vehicle looks a lot like this set from 2003 btw :laugh:
(although that's quite obvious, cause they're both representing the same kind of vehicle...)

8454-1.jpg

53 minutes ago, J_C said:

I might be alone who think this but: "it is too big!" Too large for kids, too large for shelf, it will occupy half of the table. It is too big! (I live in a huge house, with lots of rooms and big rooms, but still, it is too big). 

Yes, it is too big. You are not the only one who think it.

Pendular suspension at that scale is a disgraceful cop-out, so here's hoping there's something more going on that we can't quite see.

16 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Pendular suspension at that scale is a disgraceful cop-out, so here's hoping there's something more going on that we can't quite see.

Why?  It is quite common for heavy off-road trucks to have pendular suspension instead of sprung.  It does a much better job of balancing the load.

8 minutes ago, Blakbird said:

Why?  It is quite common for heavy off-road trucks to have pendular suspension instead of sprung.  It does a much better job of balancing the load.

Can you elaborate on how pendular suspension is better than spring suspension

The fire truck looks pretty good.  I guess the 6x6 tow truck has room for MODing a beefier rotator crane.  Although, the 6x6 tow truck I saw before in a video unstucking forestry equipment in the bogs didn't have a huge crane for lifting.  It put pulleys around trees and pulled with its winches.

10 minutes ago, Blakbird said:

Ah, I didn't know that - thanks for the heads-up :blush: A sprung set-up should be more interesting though, unless there are intricate pendular set-ups I'm not aware of.

Small detail: the close-up video shows dog-bone frames in red, in the crane ;)

7 minutes ago, rener said:

Small detail: the close-up video shows dog-bone frames in red, in the crane ;)

Already been pointed out:

2 hours ago, andythenorth said:

Red dog bone though :wink:  I build a lot of red.  Dog bone is nice to add.  Can we have the other recent angle connectors in red too? :tongue:

Talk about let down in the build up to August 2017.  2013 to 2016 flagships generated lots of excitement on their own for me and most years had at least 1 other 2H set that was worth getting.  This year does nothing...makes you wonder why Lego didn't keep one of the 2016 2H sets as a carry over to 2017 to generate some excitement. I think the 42053 Volvo would have stood out as the winner among the three 2017 2H sets.  Maybe 2018 will be better or is this the start of a down trend?  To this day, I am kind of surprised Lego hasn't used at least one of the 2H sets to formally bridge a gap over to the current EV3 Mindstorm kit.  It would be neat to see new and formal Lego innovation that ties in the 31313 kit with a large Technic parts kit / model.  I'd love to see something like an autonomous vehicle. Also, his would open up a world of creations outside of the standard construction / recreational vehicles like robotic arms, automated material handlers, etc.   

3 hours ago, LXF said:

I love them all :wub: 

I do like them a lot. I have to agree that they aren't completely terrible. Plus, we don't even know all of the functionality. They could be advanced and we wouldn't even know it. So for now, I'm not jumping to full conclusions yet. 

(Even though IMO the 42069 is a bit ugly and doesn't need the Porsche fenders.)

Can anyone guess (or read) the length of the three models based on the wheels? I have absolutely no eye for proportions and my foolish attempts to use paint have not produced anything meaningful :D

Gotta say no matter how ridiculous that color scheme is, I do love the tracked vehicle. Fire truck looks good and as others have said it's a modem 8454. Surprised the tow truck has such few pieces. 

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but the tracked vehicle has rubber studs on the tracks, which were first introduced in the Nexo Knights line. All I can say is, the tracked vehicle should have been RC, and the crane truck should have been all manual. That would have made both sets better. Also, where is 42067? Why would Lego skip a number again?

42069 with some crazy wheels and RC would be nice buggy. 42070 without RC, more details like Zetros or Kamaz and it would be perfect.

I am disappointed by the look of 2017 technic sets.

16 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but the tracked vehicle has rubber studs on the tracks, which were first introduced in the Nexo Knights line. All I can say is, the tracked vehicle should have been RC, and the crane truck should have been all manual. That would have made both sets better. Also, where is 42067? Why would Lego skip a number again?

That mean, that LEGO fixed their fail with 42038 - set that was impossible to roll on surface, even without transmission and piston engine. It was a real horror.  You shoud buy a carpet to play with it.

If 42069 have transmission and piston engine, rubber pads will be logical decision, since such tracked vehicle need much force to roll tracs. No RC there, 99%. But it will be a nice surprise, if LEGO will offer motorization, using 42065 Tracked RC as expansion RC set.

9 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

It does look like medium blue, but a quick scan doesn't show any new elements compared to the air-jet except for the 3x11 flat panel and the 4x2 liftarm

Yes you are probably right, but I don't think that matters. It's better to have many parts of one color, then a few parts in several different colors. 

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but the tracked vehicle has rubber studs on the tracks, which were first introduced in the Nexo Knights line.

Which were first introduced by Jim a while ago on this forum :wink::laugh: 

Do you think we could somehow convince TLG to release the combination model as a stand alone set ? (And fix the colour scheme)

The fact that they chose not to release it as a stand-alone product already means they have their reasons. 

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Like selling a few small "kids" sets to a larger (and maybe older) crowd ;-)

Edited by charlesw

3 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Also, where is 42067? Why would Lego skip a number again?

If you look closely to the front fender of 42070 (under the teddy), you can see a sticker, on that is written "TOW 067". I think this means that this truck is made to tow the Lego Model Technic 42067. But we dont know anything about this model yet!!

I am sooooooo hyped now to see what a suprising set 42067 will be :wub::wub::wub: