CM4Sci

Technic 2017 Set Discussion

2 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

How many parts does it have anyway, I missed that one.

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

So few parts, that doesn't promise anything good.

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I agrre my friend, but at least one tractor could be possible (to make my collection bigger - JCB Fastrac) and this is also good

:thumbup:

Yes it does, but we have the Xerion for that already. Hope to build Efferman's Saddletrac with an extra copy of the Xerion, and a lot of (yet to buy) spare P.F. parts.

Well, here's a proper 40th anniversary thing, would have been nice as an actual set though. 

lego-technic-legendaeres-modell-im-neuen-look-spielwarenesse-2017-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann.jpg

1 minute ago, AdrienHolden said:

I am sad. This year just does not do it for me, unfortunately. Roll on next year

Second that, no new TLG Technic sets for me from this (celebratory) year, definitely a bummer this year. But I'll keep my hopes up for next year.

56 minutes ago, SamS said:

Well, here's a proper 40th anniversary thing, would have been nice as an actual set though.

crowkillers version would be a proper anniversary thing. on the other side, this fits perfectly in the 2017 setup....

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image from previous post.

I am concerned, shouldn't dokludi be posting all three replicas already? :grin:

Just kidding...

I had high hope for the truck but the colour is killing it for me - I'll probably get it for the tires and other great parts and PF off course. That snowy van looks interesting, might be fun to motorise it. Purple fenders seem ok, but there isn't really much other pieces in purple. 

That chassis remake from three sets - I don't like it - seems rather simple and really not that similar to the original.

Somebody will have to build ackerman steering and fully adjustable seats into the combi model :laugh:

Edit Just kidding, I know it's a different scale :grin:

Edited by allanp

2 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

That chassis remake from three sets - I don't like it - seems rather simple and really not that similar to the original.

I don't know, I think it seems a reasonably faithful homage.

1 minute ago, SamS said:

I don't know, I think it seems a reasonably faithful homage.

Seats should be all red, front grille blue and that bulky thing in front all bley. I think the seats ruin it for me mostly.

Edited by MajklSpajkl

34 minutes ago, Emmi said:

So how can 42070 have less parts than the Claas tractor from last year ... given its enormous size???

Well for a RC model it actually has the biggest part count? 8275 was 1400ish? 8043 was 1100ish? 9398 was 1300ish? 42030 was 1600ish and now this with 1800ish. Besides more parts adding weight which would slow a model down, all that PF equipment has a price so they put less parts in the set to keep the price of the set in check?

Just now, evortigosa said:

BWE and Claas makes us want more complex and bigger sets, but it's not a rule for every year...

Don't need bigger sets in partcount or proportions, just want functional sets like the Xerion indeed. If one wants more complex and bigger, heavier sets, buy instructions for MOC's and build those. I would love to see front tires to match the tires on the Xerion to build a normal tractor or backhoes.

2 minutes ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

Someone posted a video! :)

<video>

OH no no no, NO!!!

5 second mark.... look at 2003, that's not the 8455 Backhoe! The backhoe of awesome pneumatic glory, thats the 8069 from 2011, the backhoe of crappy LA's. Shame on you Lego!

1 minute ago, Dafgek81 said:

Don't need bigger sets in partcount or proportions, just want functional sets like the Xerion indeed. If one wants more complex and bigger, heavier sets, buy instructions for MOC's and build those. I would love to see front tires to match the tires on the Xerion to build a normal tractor or backhoes.

I agree with that. Claas would have qualified as a flagship

The MSRP for Volvo was 220 EUR, and for BWE was 230 EUR. That truck for 250 EUR, really??!!

Even more absurd is that non-PF 42069 for 130 EUR, even more than the Jet. Seriously... :wacko:

Edited by nguyengiangoc

1 minute ago, evortigosa said:

I agree with that. Claas would have qualified as a flagship

Yeah indeed, the BWE was a bust for me. The Porsche was way to pricy and lacked good functionality for that price.

5 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

+1 The Claas was definitely a flagship set. Of these sets, I will not be getting any. My remaining Lego budget will be used elsewhere... Like 4 Claas tires from Bricklink...

My logical conclusions based off the video posted above: The truck uses the XL for drive, M for steering, you can see that the front wheels are at a slight angle. Maybe Lego's attempt at a trial truck? IMO, not worth buying. The price is absurd! 250 Euros is about 280 USD... :pir-murder:

The only thing I'm not liking is the fake representation of a shock absorber in the wheel well of the purple all terrain truck. If you Include such an obvious detail why not make it a function...

EDIT: Nevermind, after looking at the higher res box art, there are small 6.5 shocks, the two large pieces in front are for extra detail/display.

Edited by z3_2drive