1 hour ago, BrickWild said:

Probably a Buggati or a V8 Holden!

1 hour ago, andrej said:

A Bugatti would be cool.

48 minutes ago, astra said:

They already have a license for Bugatti (Speed Champions), but somehow I doubt that Lego will bring the successor to the Porsche 911 GT3 in 2017. In my mind that's a bit 'too soon'. But who knows, next week we'll know more on this subject. I personally am very curious to see if Lego has a special model coming for the 40th anniversary :-)

45 minutes ago, hsky said:

I hope they will give us a very special model too! It's 40th anniversary... And they can't just celebrate it with a special brick in each set :-P (My Opinion)

30 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I'm hoping that there's a surprise Anniversary set too. I'm not liking any of the current offerings and at the moment wondering what to buy just to get the Anniversary brick and say I have an Anniversary set!

A bugatti would be great! hopefully blue, white or black!

...Oops forgot this is not a wishlist topic (and now comes Jim) RUN! :grin:

Edited by legotechnicisawesome

8 minutes ago, andrej said:

And I think the Anniversary model won't be a supercar.

The most logical model would be a modern reinterpretation of one of the first Technic sets  but we all know TLG doesn't always do the most logical things.

One thing TLG could have done is making a public voting where the most voted (potentially flagship) set from every 10th year (77-87-97-07), or maybe from each decade (77-86, 87-96 etc.), was remade and re-released as special 40th anniversary sets. Remade in studless for the older ones, updated for the newer, upgraded in one way or another.

Sounds like a logical option to me.

Edited by Error404

We, mostly all, agreed sometime ago that TLG shouldn't release Porsche-like high-priced sets each year. As this would made "Ultimate" sets less ultimate and our purses empty.

Special 40th anniversary set on the other side, would be awesome to have.

9 minutes ago, Error404 said:

One thing TLG could have done is making a public voting where the most voted (potentially flagship) set from every 10th year (77-87-97-07), or maybe from each decade (77-86, 87-96 etc.), was remade and re-released as special 40th anniversary sets. Remade in studless for the older ones, updated for the newer, upgraded in one way or another.

Very nice idea, but keeping production times in mind, I'd say it is already too late for such a good idea... So sad :cry_sad:

I think the 40th anniversary thing might be over hyped and I think the little 3l beams are more than enough. I mean Lego hasn't ever done anything for other technic anniversary's so it nice to go something.

6 hours ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

...Oops forgot this is not a wishlist topic (and now comes Jim) RUN! :grin:

Since the anticipation seems to be killing most of you, I will give you some leeway for the next couple of days :wink: 

(not too much though)

31 minutes ago, Jim said:

Since the anticipation seems to be killing most of you, I will give you some leeway for the next couple of days :wink: 

Surely Jim, you could put us out of our misery!!!:wink:

12 hours ago, Jim said:

(not too much though)

Are they really worth "dying" for ? Or just another unpleasant surprise as in H1 ?  

Just one small confusion - we have 40th aniversary for LEGO Technic and  LEGO set 

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8461-1#T=S&O={}

was actually Technic model. Why did I mention this; well, Williams F1 Team celebrates this year also 40th aniversary

http://www.williamsf1.com/racing/news/williams40thanniversarycelebrationscommenceatautosportinternational

Interesting, hm? :look:

22 hours ago, Jim said:

(not too much though)

:grin: so I don't need to run anymore? Walking is so much easier! Btw is it ok to post a modded picture of the 42070 prelim on here (more clearer picture) or is that not ok as it's a prelim?

Edited by legotechnicisawesome
wrong set number

Prelims are never ok to post.

update:

there will be new super-secret LEGO policy from now on (and forever). Sets will not be revealed at all. They will stay secret. Boxes will be all black. No artwork, no pictures. Also no names of the models. In this form boxes will arrive to the shops. Customers will just have to judge the sets according the size of the boxes and sound boxes make when gently shaken. There will be new EULA with all customers (you shake the box, you bought it policy is there too) with which you agree by buying (or shaking the box).

Only at home later, you will see the set. Still no pictures allowed (not even for personal use), only registered family members can attend the building room. You will be obliged to build a big tall wall around your set. Reviews will be allowed, but without any pictures nor description. 

:devil: :grin:

2 minutes ago, J_C said:

update:

Let's not derail this topic. Please discuss the 2017 sets.

1 hour ago, J_C said:

update:

there will be new super-secret LEGO policy from now on (and forever). Sets will not be revealed at all. They will stay secret. Boxes will be all black. No artwork, no pictures. Also no names of the models. In this form boxes will arrive to the shops. Customers will just have to judge the sets according the size of the boxes and sound boxes make when gently shaken. There will be new EULA with all customers (you shake the box, you bought it policy is there too) with which you agree by buying (or shaking the box).

Only at home later, you will see the set. Still no pictures allowed (not even for personal use), only registered family members can attend the building room. You will be obliged to build a big tall wall around your set. Reviews will be allowed, but without any pictures nor description. 

yeah just with imagination

7 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

yeah just with imagination

Don't continue the conversation, when I have warned to stay on topic. 

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Don't continue the conversation, when I have warned to stay on topic. 

OK, I was commenting it is imagination (not speculation). Just that.

It seems like those few days until wednesday (start of Nuremberg toy fair) are boring to people since no additional info about other sets that 42070 are known, not to mention 42067 set (which is stil in realm of imagination). :wink: 

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Prelims are never ok to post.

oh ok! also the picture button on the pm (and on the forums) is not working :sceptic: can someone please fix it? i'm on firefox on a macbook pro 2015 btw

2 hours ago, J_C said:

update:

:tongue::grin:

@legotechnicisawesome I have warned others about the continuing on a off-topic conversation. And yet you are still doing exactly that. 

I have been very friendly, but I keep warning the same members here.

Like I mentioned; I don't mind a little speculation about the sets right before the two toy fairs, but keep the conversation on topic and don't continue posting or responding to off topic posts.

33 minutes ago, Jim said:

@legotechnicisawesome I have warned others about the continuing on a off-topic conversation. And yet you are still doing exactly that. 

I have been very friendly, but I keep warning the same members here.

Like I mentioned; I don't mind a little speculation about the sets right before the two toy fairs, but keep the conversation on topic and don't continue posting or responding to off topic posts.

ohh..opps sorry, didn't realise quoting a post was continueing it.. sorry!

But a link is permitted, right? So somebody could post the picture somewhere else then link to them here afaik.

@Jim Just waiting for your teases :wink: ahead of the official unveil on Tuesday, January 31st. Today I noticed that #42067 is still completely unknown, from the other sets we at least know the set names.

1 minute ago, Emmi said:

@Jim Just waiting for your teases :wink: ahead of the official unveil on Tuesday, January 31st. Today I noticed that #42067 is still completely unknown, from the other sets we at least know the set names.

I don't have any official information on the 31st. And we've already discussed the 42067 for several pages.