13 hours ago, Miscman said:

Here's a quick (and sloppy) video. Holding my phone and driving is a bit tough but you get the idea. 

I first started with 2 L motors, one plugged directly into each wheel, front and back, but I saw the model was too wide. I had a suspicion they were using M motors to make it fit. Sure enough that's the case. It is running on 2 L motors, same configuration as the other replica posted. The gearing I am using is 1:1 so it's the same speed as if I had plugged the motors directly into the wheels. The track geometry is correct on this one. The pully wheels on the outer edges of the tracks is what makes it work so smoothly. 

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/129879817@N08/30917650581/

Cool!

Looks smooth enough, good to see the track geometry fixing that. straight line speed is a bit meh (but understandable, given IRs limited range), agility looks very good, quick turns!

9 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Cool!

Looks smooth enough, good to see the track geometry fixing that. straight line speed is a bit meh (but understandable, given IRs limited range), agility looks very good, quick turns!

Thanks! Looking at the pics of 42065 I see my track system is one stud short. There is one of those new 7x3 curved panels between the 2 sets of pulley wheels. My space is 6 studs, should be 7. 

On 11/13/2016 at 5:17 PM, Samer said:

Which earlier set had the red piece at the front of the ship?

Nothing has had it in red previously. All of the Ninjago "Airjitzu" sets have included it in Transparent.

On 11/15/2016 at 4:35 AM, Maaboo35 said:

Well, we're still waiting on info for 42061 and 42066, so 42051 or whatever number to which it's going to be assigned is probably taking a back seat here. I think it being released is highly unlikely myself.

That's disappointing but I sort of figure that might be the way it will go as well...thanks for replying.

On 11/16/2016 at 0:31 AM, Ondra said:

I read somewhere on brickset forum about BMW supercar launching presumably next year however with more reasonable price than Porsche.

For instance BMW i8 was in lego educational commercial last year.

Take this with grain of salt, but lego doesnt have affordable supercar and Porsche in many countries isnt available in regular shops.

Porsche isn't readily available in retail stores, like Toys R Us, here either and TRU is about the largest. Most other smaller independents wouldn't even consider stocking a $300 USD kit.  From what I've heard and seen, its only available online or at Lego retail stores. I tried to get it several times at the closest Lego store about 3 hrs from me, and they would get some, sell out in a day or less, repeat, until now that the huge rush for them is over, they seem to keep stock on them.  I've seen them at the Lego store last time I went there in early October, and Amazon has had them in stock for quite a while.  Of course, then there's next week and Thanksgiving, then after that who knows with Christmas rush.     

On a side note, the most affordable Supercar now is the 8070.  I think its a hot looking car.  Maybe not as eclectic as the older supercars or the branded Porsche, but then again I don't like the 8880 supercar, the bricks and such don't appeal to me, the 8448 Super Street Sensation was much better.  The 8070 may not have all the technical features these 2 predecessors had, mainly the working transmission, but its still tops in supercars and the motorized features are excellent.

Btw, still haven't bought the Porsche.  Needed to put money into other things, hopefully it goes on sale sometimes between Thanksgiving and Xmas.

Edited by DarkShadow73
Add to reply

53 minutes ago, DarkShadow73 said:

Porsche isn't readily available in retail stores, like Toys R Us, here either and TRU is about the largest. Most other smaller independents wouldn't even consider stocking a $300 USD kit.

I don't know how in USA but here in Europe is Porsche available in TRU and in some other Toy shops too.

1 hour ago, KLF said:

I don't know how in USA but here in Europe is Porsche available in TRU and in some other Toy shops too.

Yeah, same here. Funnily enough, my local TRU doesn't seem to sell the Volvo EW160e, though. Odd.

Anyway, I really hope we do get info on 42061 and 42066 soon. If we also get some news about 42051, then that's great.

The BMW looks a bit sparse but still my top set for 1H2017.

It is a bit off topic, but why is the Porsche not available in stores like TRU here in the U.S.? I have had two 20% off coupons for use in-store and literally the only thing I want there I can't buy :hmpf_bad:

2 hours ago, therealjustin said:

The BMW looks a bit sparse but still my top set for 1H2017.

It is a bit off topic, but why is the Porsche not available in stores like TRU here in the U.S.? I have had two 20% off coupons for use in-store and literally the only thing I want there I can't buy :hmpf_bad:

I think it is a lego store exclusive generally, but some countries (like the netherlands) dont have official lego stores, hence we get the set at TRU, to give it some physical retail presence.

21 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

some countries (like the netherlands) dont have official lego stores

I was pretty surprised at this, until I remembered that about a third of my BL orders are from there by virtue of having most of the stuff I want, and they arrive almost as quickly as domestic orders. TLG can't compete with that!

ALSO: someone a few pages back requested a report on the new bits that have been discovered in the images we've seen so far - I've been making palette-swaps of official images to make a pictorial rundown, but I was hoping that we'd see 42066 a bit sooner, in order to make images for that too. While we wait a bit longer, there is this crude little mockup of one of the most rad parts:

u201701.jpg

3 hours ago, Gnac said:

ALSO: someone a few pages back requested a report on the new bits that have been discovered in the images we've seen so far - I've been making palette-swaps of official images to make a pictorial rundown, but I was hoping that we'd see 42066 a bit sooner, in order to make images for that too. While we wait a bit longer, there is this crude little mockup of one of the most rad parts:

u201701.jpg

Where is this used? I've been hoping for exactly this part.

30 minutes ago, davebarrett said:

Where is this used? I've been hoping for exactly this part.

It's most visible near the bucket on the excavator in 42060 and the kickstand on 42063; no doubt it'll be lurking in a couple of the others sets too. I can already see how it'll be essential for routing axles through assemblies made with angled beams, while allowing compactness and strength that wouldn't be possible with #2 angle connectors.

Part 87082 comes in red in set 42057 (helicopter). Its visible in the back of the B-model. That part has only been available in red in one set before.

4560172.jpg

10 hours ago, HallBricks said:

Part 87082 comes in red in set 42057 (helicopter). Its visible in the back of the B-model. That part has only been available in red in one set before.

and it looks like this one is in light bluish gray for the fist time in set 42060?

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15458&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

:sceptic:

or isi it in dark bluish gray like allready seen on bucket wheel excavator, etc...

Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

Looks like same old DBG one

Could be, but because of light efect on B-model I'm not sure about that. It would be usefull to have this piece in light bluish gray, because panels are lighter that beams on the same surface...

My prediction for 2H of 2017:

42067 - Presumably a Scania truck (fire engine most likely)

42068 - Presumably a Komatsu or Leibherr

42069 - Control Center III (commemorating the 10th Anniversary of Power Functions, programmable memory unit, 8 models in 1!)

42070 - Presumably a large Ferrari Formula 1 Racing Car with tyres that were also featured on 76023 Batman Tumbler

1 hour ago, Kmuffin said:

Does the drivetrain in 42057 work like the 42045 with some hidden wheels. Can't see it properly 

Well since the wheels are extremely at the side of helicopter, only with usage os universal joints it will be possible to transmit rotation from wheels to fake engine which is highly unlikely...and wedge belt wheels are not noticable here inside helicopter on experimental plane (B-model). so it seems like it is just fake engine for display or for playing with rotors...

1 hour ago, Kmuffin said:

Does the drivetrain in 42057 work like the 42045 with some hidden wheels. Can't see it properly 

I do not think so as note that the rear wheels do not seems to have any connection to the main rotor

Edited by AOW

45 minutes ago, BrickWild said:

42070 - Presumably a large Ferrari Formula 1 Racing Car with tyres that were also featured on 76023 Batman Tumbler

I would LOVE that

But i think tumbler tires might be a bit small for a really big F1 car, im considering putting tumbler tires on my 42000 (but... €10 per corner for lego rubber is kind of insane), and that is a €100 set

7 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

€10 per corner for lego rubber is kind of insane

DO IT (or just buy two 42050s and sell everything else)

20161016_011051.jpg

It looks so correct

Gnac - it looks much better with those wheels then the original! Really good ! 

1 hour ago, BrickWild said:

42067 - Presumably a Scania truck (fire engine most likely)

42068 - Presumably a Komatsu or Leibherr

42069 - Control Center III (commemorating the 10th Anniversary of Power Functions, programmable memory unit, 8 models in 1!)

I like the idea of a Liebherr. One question, though - a Liebherr what? Liebherr could mean 'crane', 'loader', 'telehandler' or 'fridge'.