CM4Sci

Technic 2017 Set Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just tried to put the 42069 tracks on 42029. seems legit :wink:

-image removed-

zsBfbno.jpg

 

@Milan please excuse the previous image. This one is 800x450p

Edited by Qukie
Added correct size picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Milan said:

@Qukie

Hi, please reupload your picture in allowed size. Thanks.

Shouldn't you put a link to the removed picture instead of a message?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Qukie said:

This one is 800x450p

Great, thanks! :thumbup:

17 hours ago, Kaanere said:

Shouldn't you put a link to the removed picture instead of a message?

No.

It is up to the members to post their pics in allowed size, sometimes we put a link to the pics, sometimes we ask a member to post a picture in allowed size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2017 at 10:59 AM, karmajay said:

I saw 42066 at the local Lego store Friday and dang! I had no idea the set was so big! I'm not a fan of the short wings on the A model but maybe I'll purchase it for the B model.

Can't recall if I replied to this or not...I enjoy the B model much more than the A...the Private Jet model is much more interesting IMO.

A note about the 42070.  Despite the super high price and all the quirks about this model and coming from a standpoint regarding the lack of suspension, the designers could have used the 8435 4WD from 2004 type suspension that would have made it a bit more appealing, they could have used that model's independent front suspension w/ the shock absorbers and left the rear 2 axles with pendular type 'suspension'.  Just saying...obviously the other gripes and the huge price tag probably would still outweigh if there was even front suspension.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at AustrianLegoFan's 42070 review, and I gotta say the RC functions are controlled in a way that makes no sense. The outriggers are unfolded by pressing up on the controller, and raised by pressing down. Ditto the crane, which follows the same pattern. Only the winch follows the logical pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Just looked at AustrianLegoFan's 42070 review, and I gotta say the RC functions are controlled in a way that makes no sense. The outriggers are unfolded by pressing up on the controller, and raised by pressing down. Ditto the crane, which follows the same pattern. Only the winch follows the logical pattern.

Is this as Lego designed the model or, is it because the controllers have been reversed by the reviewer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boulderer said:

Is this as Lego designed the model or, is it because the controllers have been reversed by the reviewer? 

The latter obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2017 at 7:45 PM, Aventador2004 said:

The latter obviously.

Having not seen the instructions for the model, I do not believe that the answer is so obvious.  So, I feel the question remains valid, especially given that the set has received so much criticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14-9-2017 at 2:26 PM, Boulderer said:

Is this as Lego designed the model or, is it because the controllers have been reversed by the reviewer? 

I think it's that the settings for drive/steer are opposite of the functions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boulderer said:

Having not seen the instructions for the model, I do not believe that the answer is so obvious.  So, I feel the question remains valid, especially given that the set has received so much criticism.

Oh, was it not stated in the booklet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boulderer said:

Which booklet do you refer to? 

It was said that in the 42030, they labeled how to put switches for controller. I expect the same is true.

Edited by Aventador2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

It was said that in the 42030, they labeled how to put switches for controller. I expect the same is true.

I'm sure that is the case though, I have not seen the instructions for 42030 either.

16 hours ago, LvdH said:

I think it's that the settings for drive/steer are opposite of the functions. 

This would make sense, that the configuration has turned out different for the two operating modes of the controller (drive/steer & functions).  An interesting configuration to investigate and resolve.  Unfortunately, not interesting enough to give me incentive to buy 42070, even at a discount.  This is the first set of the last 5 years that I will not have purchased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The controller problem with 42070 is basically like this:

- For the XL motor, in drive mode pushing the controller forward will make the truck go forward, but in the outrigger mode it will make the outrigger go down.

- For the M motor, in LA mode pushing the controller upward will make the crane go down.

So I swap the gear in the outrigger and change the reverser for the knob corresponding with the M motor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boulderer said:

I'm sure that is the case though, I have not seen the instructions for 42030 either.

Yes, I was reading unread topics, when I read they put a thing that show controller settings in the manual.

51 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The controller problem with 42070 is basically like this:

- For the XL motor, in drive mode pushing the controller forward will make the truck go forward, but in the outrigger mode it will make the outrigger go down.

- For the M motor, in LA mode pushing the controller upward will make the crane go down.

So I swap the gear in the outrigger and change the reverser for the knob corresponding with the M motor.

Thanks for clearing that up!

4 hours ago, Boulderer said:

This is the first set of the last 5 years that I will not have purchased.

Hope you have a large shelf...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11.8.2017 at 12:04 PM, Jim said:

 

"No more sets for this year, but we are not done with the 40 year anniversary."

Do we have any new informations regarding this?


It's strange to keep looking into the 2017-discussion thread when we already have preliminary pictures of the 2018 sets *huh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the live from the Lego Vault concludes everything there is to do with the 40 year anniversary. Can't really imagine what is there to do next given that it's only two more months until the release of 2018 1H (1H are usually released in December of the prior year instead of Jan 1st of that year).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smyths UK has dropped the price of 42070 to £196.99. I'd be surprised if a single unit has been shifted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Smyths UK has dropped the price of 42070 to £196.99. I'd be surprised if a single unit has been shifted.

Needs to drop to about £170 before I'd buy it.  Both my kids want it, but I'm not paying ~£200 for it :classic:

Related: it's also too big, where are we going to keep it? :devil: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've bought 42070 MISB two weeks ago from a private source for 175 EUR. I think that is the price this set should be sold in the stores.

Edited by Interceptor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Belgian (web)shop has the 42070 currently on promo for EUR 188: http://www.vatana.eu/lego-lego-6x6-allterain-sleepwagen_multi_123011.html

But wait, it gets better. They've started the Saint Nicholas promotion, which gives vouchers for each purchase above a certain threshold (*). For the 42070 you end up getting EUR 30 in vouchers. Of course that's VIP-point money that you have to spend in the same shop, but still, EUR 158 for the '70 is starting to sound right.

Hopefully my son doesn't want one for Saint Nicholas, because I've now ran out of counter-arguments :lol:


(*) I'm ~guessing~ not online, though…
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.