12 hours ago, Globemaster8 said:

To be honest 42069 looks as if it has some nice features to it, I especially like the little system for the door. Oh, the V8 engine as well is also a nice added bonus! 

Agreed, i like the fold out sleep compartment and the double segment doors a lot.

Just a shame the rest of the thing is sooooo ugly, i just cant imagine putting anything like that on display in my living room

@vectormatic yeah, I think the main thing that's the problem with its looks is not only its unusual design, but the colour. It's a nice shade of purple but it just doesn't go well with that set. 

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Okay guys, you can close your eyes for this, but after looking at some more images end the rest of the same video I'm quite sure the chassis does bend noticeably under it's own weight and the reason is also quite evident. Take a look at the first 5 seconds of this part of the video (timestamp 0:24)

And there very well might be some bending.  I don't dispute it.  You have more than established yourself as a good, reliable source of information and skill in all things Technic Didumos  :wink:

But I also stand by that the photo you are using has bending itself, where the x axis jumps down one unit (2x) in the direction to support your theory.  Minuscule to be sure, but when we are talking about like a 1/2  a stud changes it makes a differences. 

800x451

As long as it doesn't interfere with the functioning of the truck, then I don't see a problem. Like I said earlier, the Bucket Wheel Excavator had a bend in he central part of the model, right where the three main drive shafts were and it worked well (apart from the wrongly placed clutch gear on the main gear box). 

Thank you very much @nerdsforprez! I wouldn't want to dispute your point on bending in the image itself either. I guess my main point is that the conclusion that there is nothing weak about the chassis was drawn a little too easily by some repliers. The presence of L-arms and frames in the rear section of the chassis proves to be an invalid argument.

Btw, here's a straightened image with a straight line without jumps and another one - also straightened - taken from the video. But more importantly - and I know I'm entering your professional domain here - you must approve with the assumption that the human eye and the brain attached to it, is better at drawing conclusions on whether lines are parallel when the lines are drawn on an object that moves around in motion pictures than when it concerns a stand-alone image. From this assumption, I think time span [0:24-0:26] of the 42070 video tells the whole story.

800x451.jpg?a=1

800x450.jpg?a=1

Edited by Didumos69

3 minutes ago, IA creations said:

Why there is so much hassle about bending ? After all , don't you get the set for parts ?

I have enough parts, but I need a good reason to buy this set :tongue:.

Edited by Didumos69

That's a LOT of bend. Good find!

18 hours ago, only_you_090 said:

Nice, 42069 model have rubbers no. 24375 on the track.

Is there any longer video (like the one for 42070 and 42068) for this model?

Take a picture of any straight object at this distance and size and you will see a bend. Lens distortion, end of story.  The model may have a bend in it but these pics are not proof of a bend. 

13 minutes ago, Miscman said:

Take a picture of any straight object at this distance and size and you will see a bend. Lens distortion, end of story.  The model may have a bend in it but these pics are not proof of a bend. 

And they are not used as proof and it's clearly not just lens distortion. And please don't say 'end of story' if you're not willing to look any further than these images. Please read my elaboration on the rear section of the chassis and comment on that part instead.

Edited by Didumos69

Whether there's bending or not, let's just hope that the set works well. Anyway, have Lego said which set is the flagship for this year? 

Just now, Globemaster8 said:

Anyway, have Lego said which set is the flagship for this year? 

Isn't that a term AFOLs use? Does TLG ever announce a "flagship"?

@Jim sorry, what I should have said was have us AFOLs "decided" which set would be the "flagship" of 2017? I'm guessing that this would probably be decided once the sets are made available. 

Just now, Globemaster8 said:

@Jim sorry, what I should have said was have us AFOLs "decided" which set would be the "flagship" of 2017? I'm guessing that this would probably be decided once the sets are made available. 

Usually the flagship is (was) the one with the most parts, although you can argue that it's the most expensive set. This used to be the same set, but this year is different. In my opinion it's the price that's winning over the part count, so I would consider 42070 the flagship. 
(and the flagship usually has the highest number, so I reckon TLG is considering the 42070 the "flagship" as well)

I agree, also with the fact that it's a remote set and they normally are (as they tend to be more expensive), the "flagship" sets. 

13 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Flagship is the one whose box has a flap.

that would be flapship 

So there is one ship set which is a ship and there is one flagship set which is not a ship. I think get it know.

1 minute ago, Didumos69 said:

So there is one ship set which is a ship and there is one flagship set which is not a ship. I think get it know.

there is no flag on the ship, it can't be the flagship

I can't help but think that the tow truck is related to a future set in some way. It's just an impression I've got from the stickers on the set and the way the Lego designer described the set in the video. Could just be me. Anyway, got three sets to look forward to this summer, hope they turn out good! Just a shame here's no pneumatic sets though this summer, I always like em! 

1 hour ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Flagship is the one whose box has a flap.

You're mistaken with the flapship :laugh:  

You are right of course :thumbup: 

27 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

So you mean that this year the flapship is not the flagship? :wink:

It sure seems that way :tongue:

(even more off topic than we already are, but how about you change your avatar to something less anonymous?)