@Saberwing40k here.

42069 is 199,900(175.88$)

42068 is 129,900(114.31$).

And some question. I can't find 42070's part count. How much part include in 42070?

Edited by msk6003

Thanks for the link, but this just raises more questions. Whereas every other Technic set in Korea is the same price, or sometimes a bit cheaper than in the US, 42070 is like $100 above the US price, which is already too high. 

All in all, 42070 is shaping up to be the Porsche of this year. Large, but technically uninspired and overpriced. And a massive letdown. Let's hope this doesn't become a trend. Because that would suck.

@nguyengiangoc I am also waiting for that, I like the 42070 A model. Though, the prices are over my limits... maybe on sale, but I don't mind if I will miss any of the sets.

6 minutes ago, agrof said:

Though, the prices are over my limits... maybe on sale, but I don't mind if I will miss any of the sets.

It is interesting how those prices changed when compared to older flagship sets.

42030 price was set to 220€, with 1636 pieces (including full PF pack of parts).

42043 price was 200€, with 2793 pieces (only one L motor, but large quantity of pneumatic parts).

42070 price is 260€, with 1862 pieces (and it has only two motors and one receiver).

So 42070 has 229 pieces more than 42030, but lacks a servo, L motor, and second IR receiver with remote, while being 40€ more expensive than Volvo, which was a licensed set.

Edited by M_longer

Even compared with 9398 Crawler or 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator, 42070 is expensive. The only reasonable justification is the cost of those big tyres, yet you get 4 of them with the Claas for a lot less.

I guess the smartest thing is to wait for the parts list to come out and see how many you already have in inventory - it seems that with Vovlo, Arocs, Claas and Display jet, you´ll have almost everthing essential to build it apart from 2 tyres.

I don't know why are you so hyped about RRP, take a look at all currently sold sets and compare RRP with actual prices. Fox example Xerion - RRP 149.99€, usual price in local toy store ~120€, cheapest online 100€. Same for Porsche, BWE etc. Remember - high % sale is like magnet for buyers so TLG is just adapting to current trend. And if you cannot/don't want to wait - you have to pay extra.

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

And some question. I can't find 42070's part count. How much part include in 42070?

Around 1850

6 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Not even close. At least 8063 is a good tractor.

Sorry, but I disagree. While the tractor by itself is not bad, it's just a copy of the 8284 with its functions wasted, just like the 75098 Assault on Hoth and the 10249 Winter Toy Shop aren't bad on their own but bad because they're nothing more than repackagings of older sets.

19 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Not my favorite model, 42069 is the best IMO so far. 

My too, but often I buy sets for parts, you could never have enough beams, gears, connectors, panels in other words LEGO :wink:

Because of this uncurable infection we are on this forum :grin:

22 hours ago, agrof said:

... B-model ... with rear wheel steering

Just one word: Why? I do expect to see much better C-models. Really it's a crime to build a such model of these amazing parts :classic:

I must admit that I don't understand the 42070 B-model either. It appears it doesn't use any of the turntables (I guess 1 large and 3 small ones) nor the four gear racks of the A-model or even the six tires (the spare tire is a bit lame). To me it feels like they really didn't have the time to build anything more complicated then a truck, and together with the 42068 (which was designed a while ago) it make me wonder if the Technic designers were/are busy working on something else still in the pipeline?

Anyway, the 42070 is a great collection of parts, so I guess we will see a lot of C-models the coming months, maybe even an idea for a competition of some sorts?

Now i've seen 42070 in action i'm tempted. Whereas i'm thinking 42068 should be in the scale of 42070.

H

13 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

it make me wonder if the Technic designers were/are busy working on something else still in the pipeline?

Never seen, top secret set for Technic Anniversary confirmed? ;)

54 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Never seen, top secret set for Technic Anniversary confirmed? ;)

Here's hoping that's true and there's something marvellous to be unveiled

Just now, Seasider said:

Here's hoping that's true and there's something marvellous to be unveiled

Let's not get back to this discussion. I have already mentioned that there will be no other Technic sets this year, but that TLG designers claimed they weren't done with the 40 year anniversary yet. Time will tell. For now, stick to the 2017 sets. Thanks.

I'm intrigued by 42069, I hope it has a lot of complex gearing to make the build more advanced. The truck looks okay, but I wish it was in a colour such as sand or tan just to give it a more military feel to it. I can see why they went with the colour scheme they used, probably to attract a younger audience especially with it having the remote function. 

Please forgive the naivete of this question, I have searched fruitlessly for an answer.......but why the teddy bear for 42070??

I think it's supposed to be as mascot, as I believe some truck drivers tie teddy bears on the grilles, like what happened to...

Spoiler

... Lotso on Toy Story 3

Look what I found... 

https://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-technic/lego-42070-6x6-all-terrain-sleepwagen.html

They even have a video with the functions of it and the B model:

It says pre order on the site but 'expected' 28 of june... which is today!

I myself will not be able to get this in any way as I cannot afford it :(

I can see maybe a huge truck or rally car...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF_NLp919YQ&t

Haha good luck guys

I wonder where they placed the anniversary brick.

That's thrilling, but I think this belongs in the Technic 2017 Set Discussion.

42070 bends severely under it's own weight. Would bother me a lot. Smells like something that could be improved :wink:.

800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69