Another theory is that there was first a 42067 set planned for 2H17 and then Lego decided (for some reason) to move this set into the 1H18 lineup. This will mean a american style car that can be towed by 42070 and must fit this scale. Maybe we can expect a new car as the first half flagship with the number 42067, but smaller as Porsche or 42039 or 42000 in a piece range from 1000 to 1300 as usual for first half flagships. This seems a bit unusual because we can expect the smallest set of 2018 as the number 42071 and the first half flagship as something as 42078 or 42079, but maybe they keep this number for this set to match the stickers on 42070. The idea of a car as first half flagship in 2018 seems not so far away because the lifetime cycle for each set is nearly 3 half years and in 1H2018, the lifetime for the Porsche set (last real car) is over so it is time to replace the set with a newer one (does not matter whether it is licensed or not)

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

I found this on the 40 Year Anniversary page on the Lego Technic Site:

THE 40 YEARS ANNIVERSARY POSTER COMPETITION

Join our 40 years anniversary competition and help us find the most iconic LEGO Technic model of the past four decades. To participate, go to our Facebook page and choose your favorite Technic model from each decade. The winning model from each decade will then carry on to battle for the title of the “Ultimate LEGO Technic model”! If your choice is among the winning models, you’ll have the chance to win a specially created limited edition LEGO Technic poster. Join the competition now!

I wonder if this "Ultimate LEGO Technic model" will be released later...

I'd vote for the 42055. The ultimate pinnacle. I think the winner would be the one from 2010 - 2017. It's the halcyon of Lego Technic.

I really like the build and functions of the 42069 and 42070 (extreme adventure and the tow truck) I'm just not fond of the colors at all.
I only build MOC's and It does not seem to have "I must have it" parts like the yellow arc's in the BWE for instance, so I doubt I'll be buing a new set anytime soon...

3 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I'd vote for the 42055. The ultimate pinnacle. I think the winner would be the one from 2010 - 2017. It's the halcyon of Lego Technic.

Funnily enough, I think 8455 is at least worthy of a glance here. Sure, it was released when LEGO was going down the drain (2003), but it's still one of the best ever. I'd vote for it.

Is anyone know this?

This years is 40th of technic BUT also 10th of PowerFunctions.

First powrtfunction sets relise 2007.(8275, 4958, i forget another one. maybe 4957.)

6 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Is anyone know this?

yes, in the past we are getting new electric stuff every decade with a year ending on seven. In 1997 there was the new power motor introduced and in 2007 the new PF-System. This means that new systems came up at anniversary 20 and 30, but no one realy cares about these anniversaries. My bet was that we are getting 2017 new PF-stuff, but this was a wrong advertisement. Furthermore, the PF-lineup is not complete and I think we can see additional stuff in the near future 

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

I made some variants for 42070, just for fun. I think the original color is good as well, and the overall look can be unpimped with different wheel colors (black, LBG, red).

My personal favorite would be Dark Tan.

1280x758.jpg

13 minutes ago, Jockos said:

The tan and sand green versions look great! Like some military trucks.

My thoughts exactly!

Great work, I wonder what it would look like with different colored wheel inserts or black rims...

I wish LEGO would offer few top LEGO sets in more colours as options. e.g. 

@agrof they look excellent! I, too, love the look of the Dark Tan one; it already feels far more off-roady and 'cool'. Although the blue one (top-right) looks more purple.

Yes, I think I wrote a few pages back that, this year being PF'S 10th anniversary, it would be a good opportunity to introduce PF2 to Technic. But I have reasons to believe that, despite the Educational Division having said in tier press release that PF2 would make its way to Technic, the Technic team isn't backing that claim up.

@agrof really cool variations, I love the DBG + red wheels combo :) I'll have to get all the panels in black, put on the 41999 wheels and some badass stickers :)

9 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

My thoughts exactly!

Great work, I wonder what it would look like with different colored wheel inserts or black rims...

Black rims would be perfect for military truck what set 42070 actually represents, specially Dark Tan in combination with black rims  :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

yes, in the past we are getting new electric stuff every decade with a year ending on seven. In 1997 there was the new power motor introduced and in 2007 the new PF-System. This means that new systems came up at anniversary 20 and 30, but no one realy cares about these anniversaries. My bet was that we are getting 2017 new PF-stuff, but this was a wrong advertisement. Furthermore, the PF-lineup is not complete and I think we can see additional stuff in the near future 

now you have solved the mystery, just remember sets

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=8479-1

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=8275-1

and now 42070

:thumbup:

I see now on my working laptop, I must recalibrate my screen at home, the colors are really off a bit. At least for this was it worth to make the pics. :classic:

@I_Igor nice theory, would be great to see an updated 2.4 GHz remote system (which would justify the price), but I keep my feet rather on the ground till the official reveal.

52 minutes ago, agrof said:

I see now on my working laptop, I must recalibrate my screen at home, the colors are really off a bit. At least for this was it worth to make the pics. :classic:

@I_Igor nice theory, would be great to see an updated 2.4 GHz remote system (which would justify the price), but I keep my feet rather on the ground till the official reveal.

Despite that I'm a bit old school when LEGO is about, but I completely agree that it would be nice to have 2.4 GHz remote system. As you meant lets wait and see or to say it is better to be safe than sorry :wink:

There is nothing new on PF or Remote. The pictures and the box do not show anything about that. It's bad, but we are getting no new PF-stuff at this anniversary

What you see is what you get. So let's end the PF 2.0 discussion for now.

After aseeing @agrof's lovely color variations of set 42070, I am starting to understand hwy they went for that otherworldly blue. It's the same with this spring's jet 42066: they want to do a certain type of military model, but they don't want their target audience to lay the link between the model and military activity. So they do it in a color that's as far away from being miliary as possible. A military truck could be black, gray, greenish, brownish, tan, even white, but certainly not light blue.

Does the UW-logo above the grill of the 42070 tow truck indicate this model has been designed by Uwe Wabra, the man who also designed the 42056 Porsche (and also some good sets)?

And what is the wolf on the side door about? EDIT: Just had a better look: the text on the door reads as "Wolf Valley - Towing Service"

img_0068-1.jpg

Edited by Didumos69