8 hours ago, Jim said:

You didn't read my comment either?!

I just meant that 067 was a name or code name of something that it tows. I didn't mean it was for sure a combo model, sorry to bring back that idea. Original post edited.

9 hours ago, I_Igor said:

BTW, fire truck has flat 4 cylinder engine, but is it possible to have new smaller diffrrential in fire truck (set 42068), because it has smaller tires 56mm and ordinary differential wil be just about one stud above ground?

This question will be certanly answered by Jim's review, but does anyone know more about it. We know that set 42070 has older type of differenzial recolored in red like clutch gears...

Maybe it will not have a differential, just a simple drivetrain as 42049 and 42050. Keep in mind that the last sets with a Diff. under 100USD were 42037 and 42039 (The Porsche was the only to have one on the 2016 wave). I know... It is so dissaponinting that TLG has been removing the differential on mid range sets :hmpf_bad:

5 hours ago, Jonfensu said:

Maybe it will not have a differential, just a simple drivetrain as 42049 and 42050. Keep in mind that the last sets with a Diff. under 100USD were 42037 and 42039 (The Porsche was the only to have one on the 2016 wave). I know... It is so dissaponinting that TLG has been removing the differential on mid range sets :hmpf_bad:

That was something that crossed my mind. On Promobricks pictures I can not see differential - at least not one that we already know. There are also additional pictures of 2H sets on their site...

There is tan 20t bewel gear visible in this picture:

lego-technic-42068_3.jpg

it is placed exactly where differential would be so I guess there is one. I don't see why the ground clearance would be an issue, diff is OK even with 49,5 tires

7 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

There is tan 20t bewel gear visible in this picture:

it is placed exactly where differential would be so I guess there is one. I don't see why the ground clearance would be an issue, diff is OK even with 49,5 tires

Usually LEGO does not use differential on models with smaller tires than 62,4 - issue is perhaps from LEGO philosophy so far. Off source if someone has studied models, I don't mind if she / he corrects me.

(I think) I could only see tan double bevel 20 tooth gear "at the rear part" on 5 x 7 frame on middle axle, but I could be wrong. What you said could  make logic - I've also assumed that there is a differential like this one 

62821b.png

The engine is at the back of the truck so the position of the bewel gear makes sense. I really hope the diff is there...

2 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

The engine is at the back of the truck so the position of the bewel gear makes sense. I really hope the diff is there...

Me too despite unusual flat 4 cylinder engine like on old VW Beetle, or more modern Subaru models... I was hoping for some smaller differential but...as @Jonfensu mentioned differentials are something like "endangered" species...becoming rare and more rare

Edited by I_Igor

I don't think we will see smaller diffs ever. It would mean either making smaller gears that would fit inside (not imo possible as 12t half bewels are already very small and fragile) or making it as closed system without possibility to dismantle (not likely as it would be expensive). With or without diff, I will probably buy the fire truck anyway - it is in basic colors and I don't have these baloon tires yet.

Just now, Ivan_M said:

I don't think we will see smaller diffs ever. It would mean either making smaller gears that would fit inside (not imo possible as 12t half bewels are already very small and fragile) or making it as closed system without possibility to dismantle (not likely as it would be expensive). With or without diff, I will probably buy the fire truck anyway - it is in basic colors and I don't have these baloon tires yet.

I would be possible that make just one smaller gear inside to make differential narrow about 2 studs... I'm still very skeptic about this too, but I was skeptic about tractor tires the same way as you about differential, so I will be careful with prognosis...:wink: 

1 minute ago, Ivan_M said:

it is in basic colors

That's a good point, especially with this year's "fifty shades of blue" in Technic.

16 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

That's a good point, especially with this year's "fifty shades of blue" in Technic.

Haha, 50 shades of blue :tongue:

Though I still think 42070 is same shade of blue as the VTOL jet.

From the images so far, I still believe it's medium azure, but of course I could be wrong. Still, regardless of the 42070, we already have regular blue on the 42063, dark blue on the 42064, medium blue on the 42066, and medium azure on the 42059. :hmpf_bad:

Dark Azure

35026894695_c6e98d7cd2_c.jpg

321.jpg

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Dark Azure

now we have 50 shades of azure :grin:, so my Unimog will remain orange (not Oranje:wink:

41 minutes ago, Jim said:

Dark Azure

Is it also the colour of the 42059 and the 42050? I'm at a loss about all these weird colours, I'm from the old-school era of EGA graphics with 16 colours.

No 42050 and 42059 are medium azure, i believe dark azure on 42070 is first appearance in technic

VTOL jet 42066 is medium blue, just like 42022 or 42036

Jim's right, 42070 is the same color as the 10252 Volkswagen Beetle. Why TLG thinks we need third shade of light blue in Technic in like 2 or 3 years, I cannot possibly fathom.

42070 is NOT MEDIUM AZURE?????? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, 42068 firetruck is ONLY model can combine with 8293 PF set in 2017's technic lineup. Why?

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

Jim's right, 42070 is the same color as the 10252 Volkswagen Beetle. Why TLG thinks we need third shade of light blue in Technic in like 2 or 3 years, I cannot possibly fathom.

Not only light blue, blue in general. So it's even worse than what I wrote earlier, with 5 shades of blue for this year instead of "just" 4. So, from light to dark...

• 42066: medium blue
  • 42059: medium azure
  • 42070: dark azure
  • 42063: blue
  • 42064: dark blue

This, together with the 42069's purple and the other sets' regular colours, makes 2017 the most BOLOCs year for Technic. :thumbdown:

I know, right? While blue and dark blue are different enough to be worth having, do we really need 3 different shades of light blue? It really offers no benefits. Pick one shade, and stick with it.

Personally I don't like ANY shade of light blue as it looks like a babies toy! Regular and dark blue is all you need.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgTtlk8kUdElFqFHQGk-M

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Dark Azure

Are you really sure?? (Of course you are, but this is so incredible I just have to doublecheck).

I don't get why people are so surprised to find out 42070 has dark azure? I saw that and post that here when the images from the toy fair in Jan were out. It's like people keep denying themselves that 42070 uses another new shade of blue or something.