2 hours ago, Boulderer said:

Which booklet do you refer to? 

It was said that in the 42030, they labeled how to put switches for controller. I expect the same is true.

Edited by Aventador2004

7 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

It was said that in the 42030, they labeled how to put switches for controller. I expect the same is true.

I'm sure that is the case though, I have not seen the instructions for 42030 either.

16 hours ago, LvdH said:

I think it's that the settings for drive/steer are opposite of the functions. 

This would make sense, that the configuration has turned out different for the two operating modes of the controller (drive/steer & functions).  An interesting configuration to investigate and resolve.  Unfortunately, not interesting enough to give me incentive to buy 42070, even at a discount.  This is the first set of the last 5 years that I will not have purchased.

The controller problem with 42070 is basically like this:

- For the XL motor, in drive mode pushing the controller forward will make the truck go forward, but in the outrigger mode it will make the outrigger go down.

- For the M motor, in LA mode pushing the controller upward will make the crane go down.

So I swap the gear in the outrigger and change the reverser for the knob corresponding with the M motor.

4 hours ago, Boulderer said:

I'm sure that is the case though, I have not seen the instructions for 42030 either.

Yes, I was reading unread topics, when I read they put a thing that show controller settings in the manual.

51 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The controller problem with 42070 is basically like this:

- For the XL motor, in drive mode pushing the controller forward will make the truck go forward, but in the outrigger mode it will make the outrigger go down.

- For the M motor, in LA mode pushing the controller upward will make the crane go down.

So I swap the gear in the outrigger and change the reverser for the knob corresponding with the M motor.

Thanks for clearing that up!

4 hours ago, Boulderer said:

This is the first set of the last 5 years that I will not have purchased.

Hope you have a large shelf...

On 11.8.2017 at 12:04 PM, Jim said:

"No more sets for this year, but we are not done with the 40 year anniversary."

Do we have any new informations regarding this?

It's strange to keep looking into the 2017-discussion thread when we already have preliminary pictures of the 2018 sets *huh*

I think the live from the Lego Vault concludes everything there is to do with the 40 year anniversary. Can't really imagine what is there to do next given that it's only two more months until the release of 2018 1H (1H are usually released in December of the prior year instead of Jan 1st of that year).

18 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Smyths UK has dropped the price of 42070 to £196.99. I'd be surprised if a single unit has been shifted.

Needs to drop to about £170 before I'd buy it.  Both my kids want it, but I'm not paying ~£200 for it :classic:

Related: it's also too big, where are we going to keep it? :devil: 

I've bought 42070 MISB two weeks ago from a private source for 175 EUR. I think that is the price this set should be sold in the stores.

Edited by Interceptor

A Belgian (web)shop has the 42070 currently on promo for EUR 188: http://www.vatana.eu/lego-lego-6x6-allterain-sleepwagen_multi_123011.html

But wait, it gets better. They've started the Saint Nicholas promotion, which gives vouchers for each purchase above a certain threshold (*). For the 42070 you end up getting EUR 30 in vouchers. Of course that's VIP-point money that you have to spend in the same shop, but still, EUR 158 for the '70 is starting to sound right.

Hopefully my son doesn't want one for Saint Nicholas, because I've now ran out of counter-arguments :lol:

(*) I'm ~guessing~ not online, though…

Looks like TLC is releasing a 40th aniversaty bundle pack on S@H with the BMW bike, telehandler and ultralight helicopter (the sets that combined to form the aniversary car chassis C-model) It's availave in some countries and saves arround 16€ from the combined price of the sets.

Source: Brickset

Edited by Kaanere

14 hours ago, Kaanere said:

Looks like TLC is releasing a 40th aniversaty bundle pack on S@H with the BMW bike, telehandler and ultralight helicopter (the sets that combined to form the aniversary car chassis C-model) It's availave in some countries and saves arround 16€ from the combined price of the sets.

Oh, yippee. Let's see them do that with the 2H sets, then I'll be interested. :laugh:

16 hours ago, Kaanere said:

Also at leister square this morning where the saving is £15 for the above  - when you buy ANY technic set you get £25 of your next over £100 Technic purchase in store or online in November (ish)

I'd happily trade the printed instructions for a large poster that included the original and the "updated" 8860s.

On 10/16/2017 at 1:19 AM, Kaanere said:

Nice... too bad I wasn't patient enough and I already bought 2 copies of each...

I really hope this isn't what was meant by "we're not through yet with the 40 years anniversary" that was mentioned a few weeks/months ago, but my spidey sense tells me it is.

25 minutes ago, tohan said:

I really hope this isn't what was meant by "we're not through yet with the 40 years anniversary" that was mentioned a few weeks/months ago, but my spidey sense tells me it is.

I think they meant the day when they did a livestream of the vault.

7 hours ago, Kaanere said:

I think they meant the day when they did a livestream of the vault.

Oh, OK. Well, either way, not the kind of treat I was looking for.

19 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Meh. I'm just waiting for @Blakbird's 2017 page on Technicopedia. Wonder what he has to say about this year overall.

For the first time ever, I don't actually have the sets from this year and am not sure when or if I'll be able to afford them.  I can put up the rendered pictures but it is hard to have an opinion without having actually built them.

12 hours ago, Blakbird said:

For the first time ever, I don't actually have the sets from this year and am not sure when or if I'll be able to afford them.  I can put up the rendered pictures but it is hard to have an opinion without having actually built them.

Woah. Was not expecting that, Blakbird. I wouldn't expect a page without any information or features so I'd rather wait until you do have the 2017 sets, if at all. Oh well.