12 hours ago, DarkShadow73 said:

I'm wondering, does the 2017 Set Discussion topic remain once the 2018 Set Discussion starts up?  I can't save some items to my PC, so would like to be able to go back and look, such as reviews and such.  I never really paid attention, but I had some q's about the 42069, and the responses I would hate to lose as a result.  Some things just can't be copied and pasted.  

We have the Index topic where you can find most of the important topics.

20 minutes ago, DarkShadow73 said:

Thanks Jim. :wink:

:thumbup:

I will update the index with the latest review topics etc.

But Jim wouldn't that make it a 41st Anniversary model instead of a 40th?

Here's still hoping whatever it is it's a worthy model of its title

The big surprise is going to be set 42067: a massive combo of 42068, 42069 and 42070, in celebration of extreme colour vomit.

Source: builder's burn-out.

7 minutes ago, suffocation said:

The big surprise is going to be set 42067: a massive combo of 42068, 42069 and 42070, in celebration of extreme colour vomit.

Source: builder's burn-out.

I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened:laugh:

58 minutes ago, Seasider said:

But Jim wouldn't that make it a 41st Anniversary model instead of a 40th?

Here's still hoping whatever it is it's a worthy model of its title

I'm just repeating what I have been told. I'm not sure what it means either.

it could mean this year - plenty of opportunity to publish combo online instructions, start competitions or all manner of historical story telling like that wonderful 853 designer interview.

All the colour vomit could work in the form of a GBC layout.  Maybe we could see a set of instructions from TLG, to start the ball rolling? (pun intended)

Just now, Boulderer said:

All the colour vomit could work in the form of a GBC layout.  Maybe we could see a set of instructions from TLG, to start the ball rolling? (pun intended)

I would love a set gbc, I have not got the talent for one of those yet.

I have split the "2018 Technic Voice" into a separate topic.

If the big surprise is going to be set 42067: a massive combo of 42068, 42069 and 42070 - the only thing that in line of all the Technic Sets that came in the past - to use as much of the existing parts in those sets, (H2 2017) is the : 8859 

http://www.technicopedia.com/8859.html

Colour, tires, pasts  - it can be a 4x4 - and have multiple attachments. 

In the interview made by Sariel with Lego Technic Team, Kim said that his favor set was the 8859.... at 3:18 of the video .... 

I wonder why the B model of 42070 actually was not this set ....

Edited by AOW

38 minutes ago, AOW said:

Actually , the 42070 b-model is somewhat similar to the b-model of 8859 (although the recent one is :sick:)

IMG_6054.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Xewyz2001

On 8/17/2017 at 5:53 AM, AOW said:

If the big surprise is going to be set 42067: a massive combo of 42068, 42069 and 42070 - the only thing that in line of all the Technic Sets that came in the past - to use as much of the existing parts in those sets, (H2 2017) is the : 8859 

http://www.technicopedia.com/8859.html

Colour, tires, pasts  - it can be a 4x4 - and have multiple attachments. 

In the interview made by Sariel with Lego Technic Team, Kim said that his favor set was the 8859.... at 3:18 of the video .... 

Whoever is behind the camera is driving me nuts with whatever he/she is doing zooming in and blurring then back out and clarity, then in again.  Should have just left the camera be, it was perfect during the first 20 min or so...

2 hours ago, iv-tecman said:

Amazon UK have extreme adventure for £119

Already dropping in price.

Amazon.de has the same set for 104,99 EUR. I'm waiting for @nguyengiangoc to inform us of the best available offer (he has proven to have a nose for it) or the Christmas offers of the local super markets ...

Just so you wait, the 42069 will drop to 90 EUR or something in no time. From what I've observed that's the lowest it can go for sets in the range of 120-130 EUR. Right before the release of 2017 2H the 42052 Helicopter got to that point.

As for me I can't wait to get my paws on such an awesome set so I ordered 2 copies at 103.99 instead of waiting any longer.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

42069 extreme adventure is actually an amazing set, worth the asking price anyhow. It should be motorised and made the 2017 flagship model. Whatever TLG was thinking with 42070 I'll never know but Extreme Adventure makes up for it. Quite a haul of parts and some nice details gone into that set.

Heads up! Instagram user lego_peru has preliminary catalog images of five 2018 Technic sets, including a large, cloaked Mack truck.

Guys.... A preliminary picture of 1H 2018 Sets has been leaked! I could have posted some info on the 2018 Thread but It is locked :sceptic:... Anyway, seems like we have a MACK truck as flaghship

It says it is rc, but I don't want to post and get banned.

Can we post some things about the sets, but without pictures @Jim?

Edited by Aventador2004

Hi,

I have created a new topic for 2018. You can post any info you have, as long as you don't post the images.

7 hours ago, Jonfensu said:

Guys.... A preliminary picture of 1H 2018 Sets has been leaked! I could have posted some info on the 2018 Thread but It is locked :sceptic:... Anyway, seems like we have a MACK truck as flaghship

Cool, and it appears to have a side loading container trailer. Very exciting.