11 hours ago, DarkShadow73 said:

post where 42069 was changed from the tracks to wheels

Here's sariel's version (at 21:50):

And Jim's version was in his review:

35304636233_5eed34f4d6_b.jpg

13 hours ago, DarkShadow73 said:

I can't seem to find the post where 42069 was changed from the tracks to wheels.  It was a short video, pretty sure it was a vid.  I believe maybe Jim posted it.  I just need to see what all comes off and what needs to be put on to accept wheels.  I would be most appreciative if anyone could post a link, possibly a YT video.  I know it was short as said above.  If I recall, the wheels connected to the 3-pin hub and the grey axle protruded quite a bit out, that's all I remember, but I know I watched it.  Thanks in advance.

I didn't post a Youtube video, but it's pretty easy to figure out. You don't need a vide. You use the image posted in my review as a reference, but there are probably even better solutions. 

On 8/2/2017 at 8:02 PM, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Crazy, amazon has these new sets up to 27% off already!! 48 hours after release!

Deals on new Lego seem to come and go rather quickly.  For instance, yesterday Walmart.com had the new Technic Ocean Explorer for $91, now it's back up near MSRP.  It's one of those things you have to check daily, if you're in the market for a deal.  Other online retailers are the same.

Thank you @schraubedrin I really appreciate it and sorry for the delay in posting, been a busy few days.  

And thank you @Jim for more clarification.  I knew I'd seen it, and I knew that Jim was trying out different wheel combinations.  I still think 42069 looks better with wheels. I just needed to know what to take off after the track assemblies.  

...since this is topis dedicated to 2017 sets, I must say that 42068 b model is more interesting than official one; specially with 49.5 tires :thumbup:

Grohl (Milan) just replied to me on Youtube saying that 42069 is the set with 5th highest part count. That ranks it among the other flagships. Counting from highest: 
- 42055 - 3929
- 42043 - 2793
- 42056 - 2704
- 42009 - 2606
- 42069 - 2382
- 8110 - 2048

Another proof that 42069 is the true flagship hehe.

I am always a big fan of drivetrains, gearboxes and gears in general. 42069 Seems to be more focused on linkages. Is it still worth the build?

Edited by merman

On 8/6/2017 at 3:41 PM, merman said:

I am always a big fan of drivetrains, gearboxes and gears in general. 42069 Seems to be more focused on linkages. Is it still worth the build?

Yessssssssssss!

For all of those who wish the 42070 Tow Truck was cheaper (which is just about everyone), in the US at least Walmart is selling the set for a great price of $204.99. I am unsure as to how long this deal will last so you may need to act fast on it. Seems even Walmart knows that the set is over priced. Hopefully a few more people will give the set a chance now.

even if 42070 was $200, that is too expensive for those tires.... because that is all I would want haha

BTW, just tires, not even the wheels, I do not need more yellow rims!!!

Edited by aminnich

4 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Time to start a 2018 Set Discussion yet? :-/

We will start a new topic where there is some tangible information. @Sir von Lego provides us with some information, but it is not enough to start a proper discussion. There will be too much speculation and "wishlisting" going on.

Did anybody notice that instructions for the newest sets B Models are named 42068_B.pdf, 42070_B.pdf and interestingly 42069B_1.pdf?

I know the names are not always consistent, but could there be a 42069B_2 somewhere or is it just wishful thinking ?

One can always hope... ;-)

On 8/7/2017 at 5:49 PM, Max The Ace said:

For all of those who wish the 42070 Tow Truck was cheaper (which is just about everyone), in the US at least Walmart is selling the set for a great price of $204.99. I am unsure as to how long this deal will last so you may need to act fast on it. Seems even Walmart knows that the set is over priced. Hopefully a few more people will give the set a chance now.

Able to pick up 42070 for $195 and 42069 for $137 last night. Thanks for the tip!

I wasn't going to get them, but at that discount I couldn't say no. 

Glenn

Am I the only one who is disappointed for the lack of a real 40th anniversary celebration for Technic? No contest, no good flagship, no homage sets, just an afterthought combo model, a bad flagship, and some printed bricks. 10 out of 10, Lego. Oh well, in 2027 they might do something spectacular for the 50th anniversary, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's been said that the 40th anniversary celebration isn't over, although no more sets are coming.

3 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Am I the only one who is disappointed for the lack of a real 40th anniversary celebration for Technic? No contest, no good flagship, no homage sets, just an afterthought combo model, a bad flagship, and some printed bricks. 10 out of 10, Lego. Oh well, in 2027 they might do something spectacular for the 50th anniversary, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Makes us two! this year was the year for a big nice forklift as a flagship for the 40th anniversary celebration.

but... they set the bar too high last year, cant top that!

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

It's been said that the 40th anniversary celebration isn't over, although no more sets are coming.

Exactly. That's what I've been told.

"No more sets for this year, but we are not done with the 40 year anniversary."

This can be interpreted in multiple ways, but the way I am reading it, is that there will be a set coming next year. DISCLAIMER: That's my interpretation, nothing official.

@Jim - did you ever do a review of the 42070? I like the video reviews just fine by ALF and Sariel, but I also like the text reviews you write as they provide a lot of information. Just wondering...Your review on the 42069 was best I've ever read.  Thanks for providing these.

Edited by DarkShadow73

9 minutes ago, DarkShadow73 said:

@Jim - did you ever do a review of the 42070? I like the video reviews just fine by ALF and Sariel, but I also like the text reviews you write as they provide a lot of information. Just wondering...Your review on the 42069 was best I've ever read.  Thanks for providing these.

Here

I'm wondering, does the 2017 Set Discussion topic remain once the 2018 Set Discussion starts up?  I can't save some items to my PC, so would like to be able to go back and look, such as reviews and such.  I never really paid attention, but I had some q's about the 42069, and the responses I would hate to lose as a result.  Some things just can't be copied and pasted.  

The current year's topic is unpinned and doesn't stay on top of the first page, but it isn't deleted if that's what you mean.

The topic remains in the Technic section, although not on top.