Just now, Jim said:

No it's the 422068...the super secret Q4 40 Year Anniversary set :tongue:

Corrected :thumbup:

And I thought I'm seeing wrong even if I did not drink anything :laugh:

Finished building the B-models and edited them to the Flickr Album.

Quick review on these models.

35435388524_618c0b63ab_c.jpg

A very nice looking fire truck with trailer and boot. It is a nice function that the crane can be controlled. The system is the same as in the main model, only the turning of the crane is almost 1 to 1 so controlling it isn't easy. The front wheels steer but only at a max of 20 degrees, making the turning circle big. It's a nice model, but the main model is better.

36268090995_f6ded77051_c.jpg

36134161931_af5cfa266c_c.jpg

Not the best looking model color wise, because the dark purple parts are all over the place. But it is a very cool vehicle! Driving it is just like the main model a bit bumpy, but it's fun with the articulation in the middle. The model is very well detailed and has lots of functions. The detachable station is great. Been playing with it since I finished the build. It is a large set when it comes to parts and the B-model uses most of the parts, but there are still a lot of spare parts.

36227477786_1948bf25bb_c.jpg

35435508384_5b5f5cdfb9_c.jpg

Oke... yeah... uhmmmm... Still like the color combo, but that's about it. This is a ugly thing. Some sort of Desert Rally (service) Truck?!? It just weird with the very low cabine and rear wheel steering. The long wheelbase doesn't do the turning circle any good. The only thing that makes this vehicle interesting is that you can raise the cabine and trunk. The 42070 is a big set with not that many parts, because it uses many panels. The panels are also used in the B-model and is also a big model, but roughly halve of the parts are used. So many spare parts!

35435500254_30fa2474b1_c.jpg

For a full review of these B-models we will have to wait for Sariel to do his magic.

My local one is closed right now, so I couldn't check. I'll have a look on tuesday.

@barman

How is the driveline/suspension for the 42070 B-model, is it better off-road then the A model? (im seeing at least one diff and a whole bunch of cogs in the spare parts)

quite disappointing to see it uses only so few parts

Hi all, as a long time stalker and recent sign-up, i think this forum is an example of how forums should be - we all know how childish, argumentative and petty many (most?) forums are.. but not here. By and large its a rational discussion that comes to the right conclusion.. for example, 42070. When i first saw it i was very keen, 6x6, big tractor tyres, massive scale.. whats not to love?! Right?!! But if you distil the broad average opinion of this forum, what you get is an accurate assessment.. It looks unfinished and is very expensive. 42069 - cracking model and probably the real flagship, again a pretty accurate conclusion (unfortunately its not my thing, but i still recognise a great model when i see one!)

TLG have to cover many angles, for example as mentioned earlier in this thread, appealing to younger kids.. It would be great if i was their sole target market! I'd have a licenced rally car with special suspension and gearbox for a start, and more tractors. we've had loads of trucks which i love, but i love tractors more... 

If i'd not come back from the dark years about 10 years ago, and you'd shown me 42070 with my last reference point the year 1982 i would have emptied my wallet immediately! It would look sooo special. Its not a bad set, its just that maybe we've been spoilt recently... and it is too much money. But based on averages, a bad year (from an adults perspective) means something great will turn up next year!! (or maybe that mythical Q4 secret set.. it might even be a Lancia Delta S4 :classic:)

Sorry to ramble on, i think i'm mostly on topic?!!

@nguyengiangoc For the Dutch LEGO World 2017 I got the assignment to build all available sets at the LEGO.com webshop, also including the B-models. Because I need the time to modify the sets so that some functions are moving when the models are on display, I wanted to build the sets as soon as possible, so I asked LEGO Benelux (orginizers of the Dutch LEGO World) if they could sent me the B-model instructions and they did, but under heavy restrictions not the share and mail them. Beening part of the Steering Group has its advantages :)

I think the instructions will be available in the second half of August. That is normaly the case.

@vectormatic The driveline is the same as in the A-model only with 2 axles in stead of 3. Both axles are fixed to the chassis, so there is no suspension compared to the A-model who has 2 swing axles.

@barman Can you take a picture that shows the full drive train and gearbox? Like you can take out the cabin and the trunk and take a top-down shot or sth

29 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Uk stores have the h2 sets :) just about to buy 42069

Oh no, if toys r us have stock today, there goes £139 for me. 

Still need to finish the write-up, but the picture have been processed. Here's a sneak peak of the chassis, although I understand it is not as interesting as the previous two models.

35899276640_9d0271c7a2_b.jpg

17 hours ago, Jim said:

Still need to finish the write-up, but the picture have been processed. Here's a sneak peak of the chassis, although I understand it is not as interesting as the previous two models.

For me this is currently the most interesting and the review I've been waiting for, the other two are cool but your not likely to see them in action, I see one of these most weeks and can't wait to build - I can't believe I haven't actually got it yet! Mind you I only got round to finishing the BWE on the weekend which I got nearly a year ago!

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted picture from previous post.

5 hours ago, Jim said:

the picture have been processed.

I have this mental image of a photographic darkroom illuminated only by red lightbricks

I found a airport rescue vehicle set at a Toys R Us today one day before it was released. I got super hyped up until I realized it was only a day early. 

6 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I found a airport rescue vehicle set at a Toys R Us today one day before it was released. I got super hyped up until I realized it was only a day early. 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I posted last week that I had found all 3 of the 2H sets at a couple of local TRU's, plus all but the 42065 from the 1H sets that were not released in the US until now.  

Where are the B model instructions for the new sets, specifically 42069?  Seems to me, if Lego released them then the instructions should be uploaded to their website already???  I know others here have expressed interest in the B model for the Extreme Adventure.  Are they possibly available to download other than the Lego website, or do they have to be there first?  Not real sure how that works, but its kind of the reason I bought 42069.  

Edited by DarkShadow73
Added to question

18 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Ah, now to sit and twiddle my thumbs until 42070 goes down in price.

In The Netherlands it's already available for 215 euro.

27 minutes ago, Jim said:

In The Netherlands it's already available for 215 euro.

That's great news. Hopefully the UK prices will follow suit.

As far as the 42070 B-model goes, I think it's supposed to be an experimental vehicle design rather than an actual research vehicle. Maybe the name got mistranslated, but here's what I think TLG were going for.

Edited by Maaboo35

Argos (In the UK) have all three new sets included in there 3 for 2 offer (and appear to have good stock levels) guess what i'll be doing this weekend :wink:

The new sets are only available from S@H for me at the moment. Prices are about what I'd expect for 42068 and 69, but 70 is insane - 2599 NOK, roughly 280 Euro / $330.

Not intending to complain though, as I'm not sure if I'll get any of them.

Smyths toy stores local to me in the UK has all three sets in stock. The fire rescue and extreme adventure are fantastic looking sets - the 6 x 6 truck however still isn't doing much and the price its on the shelf for, I can't see it shifting well, shame. The extreme adventure however is a great looking set, so much so, I picked one up.. : - ) 

2 hours ago, LucyCol said:

Argos (In the UK) have all three new sets included in there 3 for 2 offer (and appear to have good stock levels) guess what i'll be doing this weekend :wink:

And so they do, oh no. They have the rescue truck and the jet fighter in the three for two deals, this could be hitting my hobby budget hard this month.

Edited by iv-tecman