Interesting that there aren't that many of the newer parts pin with pinhole 15100 (18) and axle with pinhole 22961 (6). I think there's quite a different use of these parts between the different designers. There were more of each in both 42066 and 42054.

I wonder if there'll be lots of them in 42069 given it's higher part count.

7 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Interesting that there aren't that many of the newer parts pin with pinhole 15100 (18)

Good, they're one of the most awful parts to work with. The intention was good, but I can't fathom why they ended up being such a pain in the buttox to insert and remove. Leave luck to heaven for instances which require attaching a sub-assembly with a loose one where the peg end needs to go into something (hi 42039 front soilerz).

Managed to afford a 42066 with the contents of my swear jar.

18 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

This should answer:

Oops, missed that. thanks.

4 hours ago, Ondra said:

42069 german price is 129 € but In czech republic is priced 4500 crowns, which is about 160€.

Well Im tired of your prices for my country, and now this?You are pretty bad at math dear TLC.

Price for this vehicle killed potentional two buyers me and my friend ...

Same applies to Luxembourg where the VAT is lower than in Germany, so theoretically the price should be lower. Price is 139 EUR instead of 129 EUR in Germany, but you get free shipping. That is why I never buy on lego.com, unless there is no alternative like with the Saturn V.

Typically I wait for good online offers or for supermarkt offers around Christmas, in particular for sets with low interest such as this year. It is sad but i never buy at my local toy store, it is just too expensive...

Inventory contains some nice surprises, but I'm a bit disappointed with the dark azure.

As you can see, it's only beams and panels. Not a single connector (which makes it worse than bright green). Also, only 11 different pieces; where even 75532 apparantly affords 13 different pieces in reddish brown.

Also, the most useful panels (the numbered ones) have the lowest parts counts (just one of each, seriously?). I'm starting to hate all those large flat panels; they're good for crane booms, but for sculpting, the smaller round panels have many more interesting uses. Just check your average supercar around here on EB. That's why the 42070 looks like a square box.

But at least they're there...

Also, there are only 2 lengths of straight beams, where even bright green has 3. Fortunately, dark azure has the 2x4 beam which is very welcome; but again this has a very low count (why?).

I'm afraid it will be hard to use the color for anything right now, until another set comes out that uses the color. But given how bright green hasn't yet reappeared, I'm not very hopeful for that. Let's hope we see a return in 2018. For now, I still think they should have gone for medium azure instead; to make that color much more useful.

2 hours ago, ibessonov said:

Wow, you can already buy new sets in Moscow: https://mir-kubikov.ru/lego/technic/

Did not expect that!

Yeah, and the price is following:

• 42068 - 103 EUR
  • 42069 - 147 EUR
  • 42070 - 279 EUR

About the same price as for Lithuania. Will wait for a sale...

Edited by Void_S

3 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Same applies to Luxembourg

Respectfully, Luxembourg is one of the three countries in the world with highest purchasing power per capita, right with Switzerland and Lichtenstein. I'm not saying you can't complain about the prices, but on average you can afford 4.5x as much as people in my country. If it takes 2 hours of your work to earn this set, then it takes 9 hours of mine. I hope I'm not offending anyone but I always feel a little strange when people from the most developed countries complain about Lego being pricey. It is pricey, no doubt about this, but it comes off a little insensitive.

3 minutes ago, Sariel said:

Respectfully, Luxembourg is one of the three countries in the world with highest purchasing power per capita, right with Switzerland and Lichtenstein. I'm not saying you can't complain about the prices, but on average you can afford 4.5x as much as people in my country. If it takes 2 hours of your work to earn this set, then it takes 9 hours of mine. I hope I'm not offending anyone but I always feel a little strange when people from the most developed countries complain about Lego being pricey. It is pricey, no doubt about this, but it comes off a little insensitive.

:thumbup:

Getting back on topic: new vs existing differential gear. Again, it's a VERY subtle difference, it's actually easier to feel it than see it. Perhaps Bricklink will consider it a simple recolor, not a new piece. The other side of the gear is identical in both versions.

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8091a.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sariel said:

Getting back on topic: new vs existing differential gear. Again, it's a VERY subtle difference, it's actually easier to feel it than see it. Perhaps Bricklink will consider it a simple recolor, not a new piece. The other side of the gear is identical in both versions.

is it that they are both exactly the same length overall and hem on the red one is shorter, or other way round that red one is slightly longer due to the central part sticking out? thanks.

I think it's the first case but I'm unable to confirm without pulling one from inside the 42070 and measuring it with a caliper.

Just now, Sariel said:

I think it's the first case but I'm unable to confirm without pulling one from inside the 42070 and measuring it with a caliper.

thank you.

13 minutes ago, Sariel said:

Getting back on topic: new vs existing differential gear. Again, it's a VERY subtle difference, it's actually easier to feel it than see it. Perhaps Bricklink will consider it a simple recolor, not a new piece. The other side of the gear is identical in both versions

Maybe this change has something to do with, how smooth model functions will work :)

2 hours ago, ibessonov said:

Wow, you can already buy new sets in Moscow 

1 hour ago, SpaidX said:

Same in Lithuania

Seeing as these sets are now on sale I half expected the official instructions to be available on lego.com but that's not the case. Even when you change your location to Russia! 

Just now, Sariel said:

It's unlikely that the part will be longer. 4 studs long is 4 studs. Lego are so precise it should be an accepted SI unit :laugh: my guess is they've modified it to make the area of contact with the perpendicular beams smaller, thus reducing friction and wear. 

23 minutes ago, LvdH said:

The old one only works with the red 2L driving ring.

I just tested it, both driving rings seem to work on my differentials.

I'm afraid that a new one may be longer a bit and may provide more friction like the new red clutch gears versus the DBG ones...

87080 and 87086 panels will be available in purple. they are in 41239 (I saw in on brickset.com). I wonder if it is the same purple as 42069.

1 hour ago, J_C said:

I wonder if it is the same purple as 42069.

Yesh, Medium Lilac.

3 hours ago, JTS said:

Seeing as these sets are now on sale I half expected the official instructions to be available on lego.com but that's not the case. Even when you change your location to Russia! 

It's unlikely that the part will be longer. 4 studs long is 4 studs. Lego are so precise it should be an accepted SI unit :laugh: my guess is they've modified it to make the area of contact with the perpendicular beams smaller, thus reducing friction and wear. 

Yes, my guess as well. Likely not longer.  And less friction. This was an issue discussed a long time ago on the Porsche forum.......but when the contact of a gear on the perpendicular beam is smaller, like a smaller radius, then you have less torque, or friction. Think of like a long versus short wrench, long will have more torque.  And therefore, in this application, gears that have more surface area on perpendicular beams will cause more friction, especially if that surface is far from center point.   Miniscule amount to be sure......but it does add up.

45 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Yes, my guess as well. Likely not longer.  And less friction. This was an issue discussed a long time ago on the Porsche forum.......but when the contact of a gear on the perpendicular beam is smaller, like a smaller radius, then you have less torque, or friction. Think of like a long versus short wrench, long will have more torque.  And therefore, in this application, gears that have more surface area on perpendicular beams will cause more friction, especially if that surface is far from center point.   Miniscule amount to be sure......but it does add up.

Thanks, that makes sense! To be simple, it's like a whirligig "pike" versus a flat dish, that needs has much more to revolve it due to greater friction.

5 hours ago, Sariel said:

Your presentation of things is a bit too simplistic, you are forgetting the cost of living. Here is a comparison between the cost of living in Luxembourg and Poland: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Luxembourg&country2=Poland.

I am well aware I am privileged and I am not complaining about Lego being pricey, I am complaining about the fact that despite being in a EU single market, Lego charges in its online shop arbitrary prices per country that are not related to VAT differences + enforces them through geoblocking.