9 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Michael T. designed the B model for 42065.

For sure, but there is a missing A-model from him now. When I first saw the 42070 without stickers I thought this model was build by him 'cause it is an american style truck and this designer is an american people. Maybe 42067 is an another american style car (Mustang fo example ) that can be towed by 42070 for a "let us play american feeling"

Time for some speculation...

On ‎3‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Jim said:

All I can say is that there will be no other set this year, but they are not done with the 40th anniversary.

I can shed a light on that (this will be in my report). When we asked about the missing 42067 set and the 067 on the truck they were genuinely surprised (or they were very good actors) that we thought the 067 had something to do with the missing part number. They didn't even understood what we meant when we asked it. Apparently the 067 has a meaning and we will find out later, but it has nothing to do with the missing 42067. Allegedly....

I have thought about this for a bit, and I came up with the following options. First of all, it's something Jim knows, and apparently, Jim can give hints to the community about this. So it's something the designers want the community to know a glimpse about, otherwise Jim wouldn't have been told anything. Apparently, the speculation is part of what the designers want. OK, so apparently, there will be something with the anniversary (i.e. this year), and this 067 has something to do with it, but it's not a set. It's either something we can buy, or something we can't buy. If it's something we can buy, I can think of the following options:

• supplemental packs containing special parts. Remember, we had this in the past. Maybe a pack of parts of a certain color to rebuild a certain set in another color. A pack to build a yellow Porsche, for example.
  • idea book. Not sure how much this would add with the many AFOL-created books and the internet, but it's an idea that would surely celebrate Technic.

It may also be something that we can't buy, so then it must be something we can download, or some kind of a free gift. Things I can come up with, are

• competition. We have seen how this went with the crawler. Maybe there will be a similar competition with the chassis of 42069? Or a design-the-future-set as is done with the Mercedes-Benz?
  • a combination model that uses the summer sets, similar to the auto chassis using the 1H sets
  • Instructions for C-models for some of the 2017 sets
  • A poll with options for future models that we can vote on, similar to how it has been done once for Architecture
  • free downloadable PDF, for example an idea book, or a series of photos of preliminary images of certain old sets?
  • Maybe set 42070 will contain some unique gift that's different for each box. Similar to the numbered tile in 41999, but more substantial. For example, a small car that can be towed, where multiple boxes will have a different car.

I'm betting on the last option, because it best matches the "TOW 067" that has been spotted. If true, this would be a really nice move, depending on how substantial the cars are. But it can also be something completely different.

An extra car inside the set would explain the price much better, but the final boxes are online and there is no such a hint to any gift. The worst thing on this 067-crime is that the designers are reading all the stuff an laugh about us :D I'm sure they have much fun by doing such a mistery. I really like the idea of a parts pack to recolor an existing set

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

067 is of course L90 upside down, which is of course an actual VOLVO model:

(No I'm not very good at this)

Well, lego did have a towtruck in their 1967 line-up, setnr332...

Could it be a simple reference to a 50year old set?

On 5/16/2017 at 4:23 AM, Jim said:

I simply attached the drag racer/tumbler front wheels to the 42038. Check out more info in my review:

This :classic:

Sorry for the late reply, been really busy.  Thanks to you both for the insight, much appreciated.  I just happen to have 2 42050's.  After I get tired of each model, I will disassemble and put these wheels/tires on my 42038.

3 hours ago, JimDude said:

The L90 Volvo Loader would be an excellent choice, but I wonder what sets could possibly mix to make this loader since its mostly yellow.  I actually like this style loader better than the 42053 B model.  

8 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Oooh, you may be on to something there.

That is indeed interesting :thumbup:

But the first Lego sets were boxes of bricks to make buildings unless I'm mistaken.

however in 1967 there were a number of Lego trucks including a Tow Truck.

hoping Jim can give more clues or Lego tells us more soon

I don't have more clues than already posted in this topic.

17 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

It's more or less 67 years since the first official LEGO Sets, according to brickset

Good idea, it is 67 years since first set.

18 hours ago, JimDude said:

That is a good idea, but they already had a Volvo last year.

Or they are good actors.

42 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

Set 332 - Tow Truck, released in 1967 - hence TOW-067 ???  So TOW-067 may be a homage to TLG's first tow truck.

That is something which actually makes sense. Makes you wonder why they couldn't tell me this.

2 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

Set 332 - Tow Truck, released in 1967 - hence TOW-067 ???  So TOW-067 may be a homage to TLG's first tow truck.

That was 50 years ago, not 40. Totally doesn't make sense. I want a bonus model that we get for free with 40270!  ;) 

Its all just speculation at this point, hopefully we will find out in a month or so

14 hours ago, Jim said:

That is indeed interesting :thumbup:

What about 42051?  That was supposed to be the original # for the 42068 Airport Fire Truck, to be released in 1H2016.  That # was never used, numbering skipped from 42050 Drag Racer to 42052 Cargo Helicopter for 1H2016.  

Kind of odd they didn't use 42067 for the Airport Fire Truck, then 42068, 69, then 42070 should be the surprise, maybe...that's sort of what myself and my other AFOL buddies had speculated before info was released on set #'s in February.  

That's the way it went 2H2016, 42056 was the Porsche, oddly released June 1, then 42053-55 released Aug 1. 42056 surprised all of us and it went from speculation to known release date to release very quickly in April and May.   

Maybe TOW-067 is the phone number, in that American sort of way you see on their adverts.  Where a letter on the phone keypad relates to a number

so

8 = T,

6 = O, 

9 = W -

Maybe it's as simple as it was going to be 42067 as part of 2017H1, and they thought they already had enough so pushed it to H2 but it was already too far along to change the stickers. It would be neat though if there's more to it!