That's rad. If this were the case, it might have at least two, if not one for each wheel.

Edited by Saberwing40k

3 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

That's rad. If this where the case, it might have at least two, if not one for each wheel.

Agreed, and I still believe that four is a more correct number  :cry_happy:   I tried to put them at the rear axle (2 per axle / 1 per wheel) - and it fits well! Well, we will see the truth soon...

LDD attempt to reproduce this model is here (unfinished): http://bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/42069-extreme-adventure/42069 Replica.lxf

Edited by Void_S

Does 42070 have no functions other than the winch (and driving, obviously)? What is inside the 'sleeper' module, behind the drivers' seat? And does the cargo bay really only have a spare tire? Surely they must be doing something with the four "AROCS" gear-racks… (or is that how they lift the bodyparts?).

Uhm, "wow".

But wait, 4-wheel steering? The A-model has 2-wheel steering, right? So how do they solve this? Note I'm not up to date on the available portal hubs :).

Ironically, I apear to be the only person so far to really like the ~look~ of this B-model. Sort of a Paris-Dakar truck.

Edited by JimDude

57 minutes ago, JimDude said:

But wait, 4-wheel steering? The A-model has 2-wheel steering, right? So how do they solve this? Note I'm not up to date on the available portal hubs :).

Wait where did you get that the B model has 4 wheel steering? From the picture on the box it looks like it has rear wheel steering only.

But all in all, the A model has 4 gear racks, 3 small LA, 1 big LA, 4 small turntables, 1 big turntables, so many possibilities, and yet TLG settle upon that meager B model.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

16 minutes ago, JimDude said:

Does 42070 have no functions other than the winch (and driving, obviously)? What is inside the 'sleeper' module, behind the drivers' seat? And does the cargo bay really only have a spare tire? Surely they must be doing something with the four "AROCS" gear-racks… (or is that how they lift the bodyparts?).

Uhm, "wow".

Ironically, I apear to be the only person so far to really like the ~look~ of this B-model. Sort of a Paris-Dakar truck.

Behind seats most likely is battery and receivers. In lower right corner of an posted image you can see how front and rear part (I assume that this part is what you mean by sleeper module) are "tilting" and probably by gear-racks. It looks like it has only spare tire inside.

4 wheel steering could be done with liftarms - something like CLAAS Xerion without crab steering module...Portal hubs are just for raising "axle" tube above wheel center, and are the same for non steering and steering axles :wink:

When we see functionality of B-model we'll make final verdict whether we like it or not, so do not give yourself headaches if someone like it or not. It is kind of Dakar Truck indeed and it should not be pretty but functional...Color scheme is something that is unique and this is probably a part of Eurobricks users disappointment... But this color would be great for this model

csm_Contentbild_Unimog_Forst_U423_Halle_

- Q: What do 42068 42069 42070 have in common?

- A: If you like it then you should put a crane on it. Don't be scared every model has a crane on it. Oh oh oh

On 6/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, I_Igor said:

Good question - real trucks rather use in-line 6 - more fuel efficient, easily to balance it, and one important issue - production and development cost. Everything (unfortunately) is economics; just one example - VW Tuareg and Porsche Cayenne are actually the same car, but why is Porsche more expensive? VW is built in higher quantity - quantity is a key factor for price determination. Now back to 6 cylinders - why 6 cylinders. Answer is actually very simple; they are used in trucks (road trucks), special trucks (like Unimog), Tractors, Combine harvesters, self-propelled sprayers etc...I hope you get the picture. Last several years we see that LEGO is trying to make more and more realistic models, so this could be the answer (despite the fact that it is a bit off topic) :wink:

Let me raise an old question and answer it. Both of them are much better than L4, off course, but talking about "L6 / V8":

• L6 provides more torque starting from the very small RPM ("slow" engine) and well-balanced, which is the best way for the heavy and military-like trucks, and for other special-purpose machines. By the way, his big brother is V12 for extra-heavy duty. :wink:
  • V8 is much more compact (read "shorter") and provides the best torque at the high RPM ("fast" engine), that is a good solution for smaller vehicles that needs high torque and speed in the same time: middle and heavy pic-ups, powerful sport-cars etc.

Next to them (in descending order of mechanical power and compactness) are V6 and L4...

Therefore 42070 just must have L6. Even giant L4 (10.0L :laugh:) doesn't suit him because of a monstrous vibration that will ruin the vehicle.

Edited by Void_S

I would like to break the stream of whining and complaining :sick: and ask:

"Did you notice the springs behind the seats in 42069? - Any idea what that might be for?"

Thanks. :blush:

13 minutes ago, J_C said:

I would like to break the stream of whining and complaining :sick: and ask:

"Did you notice the springs behind the seats in 42069? - Any idea what that might be for?"

Thanks. :blush:

I'd suppose that they are used for the doors fixation in the border positions (opened / closed) like in other models with gull-wing doors.

BTW, every complain or dissatisfaction is the very first step to a great MOD, I believe :thumbup: 

Edited by Void_S

3 hours ago, Void_S said:

Let me raise an old question and answer it. Both of them are much better than L4, off course, but talking about "L6 / V8":

• L6 provides more torque starting from the very small RPM ("slow" engine) and well-balanced, which is the best way for the heavy and military-like trucks, and for other special-purpose machines. By the way, his big brother is V12 for extra-heavy duty. :wink:
  • V8 is much more compact (read "shorter") and provides the best torque at the high RPM ("fast" engine), that is a good solution for smaller vehicles that needs high torque and speed in the same time: middle and heavy pic-ups, powerful sport-cars etc.

Next to them (in descending order of mechanical power and compactness) are V6 and L4...

Therefore 42070 just must have L6. Even giant L4 (10.0L :laugh:) doesn't suit him because of a monstrous vibration that will ruin the vehicle.

Exactly :thumbup:

It looks like the the 42070 B model is using the large turntable to connect the front and rear sections, creating a pendulum-like suspension?

Also, that "Tow067" sticker... What a tease if they don't release... A bonus companion model to 42070. 

If 42070 originally was to be released as 42067, it would make sense with the Tow067 stickers if they changed the set number shortly before the reveal.

The fact that the final model still has the Tow067 stickers is peculiar unless they do have a surprise in store for us.

Definately interesting and I agree with the camp about 42069 being the set of the year, and I like the B Model.

For the past 5 years, I've always bought 2 copies of each flagship to make the A and B models at the same time.  But this year, I'll get a second 42069 instead.  I don't see any value in building that 42070 B model.  I mean the most critical part of that set is the 6 enormous tyres, and they could not be bothered to use all 6?  Even a trailer would have been a start.  I wonder why no servo motor for steering on 42070?  Surely this would enhance playability?

The fire truck is ok, and I like the B model as well.

I think this year is a tad disappointing and Lego unless they blow our minds with a secret 40th set.  I think they have missed a trick.

25 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

I think this year is a tad disappointing and Lego unless they blow our minds with a secret 40th set.  I think they have missed a trick.

You can't throw six on every roll :wink:

All I can say is that there will be no other set this year, but they are not done with the 40th anniversary.

9 hours ago, Error404 said:

If 42070 originally was to be released as 42067, it would make sense with the Tow067 stickers if they changed the set number shortly before the reveal.

The fact that the final model still has the Tow067 stickers is peculiar unless they do have a surprise in store for us.

I can shed a light on that (this will be in my report). When we asked about the missing 42067 set and the 067 on the truck they were genuinely surprised (or they were very good actors) that we thought the 067 had something to do with the missing part number. They didn't even understood what we meant when we asked it. Apparently the 067 has a meaning and we will find out later, but it has nothing to do with the missing 42067. Allegedly....

I personally haven't been this excited about the technic lineup in years. I will have to find a way to get all 3 of the 2H sets. 

I have no love for the Arocs, the volvos, clarion, BWE, or the Porche (no b model is always a bummer). 42042 is my fav set in years. 

My point is, to each his own. I'm just glad this is my year for technic. :). And come on, how long have we been waiting for a fire truck???

Edited by Miscman

7 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

I wonder why no servo motor for steering on 42070?  Surely this would enhance playability?

I wondered this too. The only thing I can think of is that the designers have a set budget for each set,with the servo this budget is exceeded but the M is cheap enough to be included.

27 minutes ago, JTS said:
  7 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

I wonder why no servo motor for steering on 42070?  Surely this would enhance playability?

I assume they used an M motor so it can serve its functions which controlling the crane. I really hope they have some return to center system in place. Driving without it is no fun. 

Just now, Miscman said:

I assume they used an M motor so it can serve its functions which controlling the crane. I really hope they have some return to center system in place. Driving without it is no fun. 

I see your point, but the rubberband & hockeyplayer methods only work on lightweight vehicles, not 6 wheel leviathans like 42070 :def_shrug:

I'm not sure, but I guess the point is to drive it like a Truck Trial vehicle: for that, getting the precise angle for the wheels is more important than having quick reactions, which return-to-centre helps with. Just remember how imprecise the steering on the 42030 is.

There is no news or rumor about PF v2?

I thought we would have more information now that we are moving mid-year.

21 hours ago, Jim said:

... but they are not done with the 40th anniversary.

... Apparently the 067 has a meaning and we will find out later, but it has nothing to do with the missing 42067. Allegedly....

Two very intriguing statements, Jim. I'm very curious how this will turn out...

2 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

Instructions will be released for a homage to the 8466 using pieces from 42069 and 42070 ;) 

2 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

All I can say is......me too :laugh:

I checked, there was only one Technic set so far with the number "67" in it - the 8067 from 2011 which is not a really exciting one. Now I'm really curious how Lego is planning to add an extra twist, I'd love to see another combined vehicle from the 2H sets