Just now, J_C said:

4cylinder for 42070? LEGO is also downsizing? 

Yeah, 42070 is a very strange model in many respects, not only in engine size. Personally, I'd put L6 here, at least. 
By the way, 42069 will have V6 or V8, basing on the recent leaks.

1 hour ago, J_C said:

4cylinder for 42070? LEGO is also downsizing? 

I guess fuel efficiently standards are for everyone. :classic:

Nice to see a final picture of the 42070 (y'know, with the switch facing down). The engine does look a bit anaemic, though - with all the bells and whistles stuffed into that truck, you'd think LEGO would stretch to an L6, or at least a V-something. Oh well.

and red dog bone after all.. maybe we will see 5x7 and 5x11 frames in other colors too

3 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

and red dog bone after all.. maybe we will see 5x7 and 5x11 frames in other colors too

Could happen. Dog bone's pretty cool for now though.

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I don't think such big vehicle has 4 cylinder engine in real world. Usually 4 cylinder engines have up to 230Hp and think this is not enough :sceptic:

There are plenty of 5L 4 cylinder Diesel engines. A truck like 42070 is more likely to be a diesel than a gasoline engine. The Hino Ranger and Isuzu Forward both use a 5L 4 cylinder Diesel engine.

1 hour ago, Ivan_M said:

I'm happy about the black 3x13 curved panels.

Also, notice the asterisk next to the price? The asterisk directs to a small text at the bottom. I was able to make out some of it and put it in Google Translate. It came out in English as "All prices in the catalog are recommanded price recommended to the trade in imperial fashion." So I guess it means that it is the recommended retail price. So the real question is if these are for sure the FINAL prices. I'm pretty sure they haven't changed since we first saw them, but they might still be preliminary. I hope...

6 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

So I guess it means that it is the recommended retail price. So the real question is if these are for sure the FINAL prices. I'm pretty sure they haven't changed since we first saw them, but they might still be preliminary. I hope...

No, they are final for sure, the pages are from final catalog.

8 hours ago, deehtha said:

There are plenty of 5L 4 cylinder Diesel engines. A truck like 42070 is more likely to be a diesel than a gasoline engine. The Hino Ranger and Isuzu Forward both use a 5L 4 cylinder Diesel engine.

I was talking about diesel engines, precisely I was using a example of Unimog 5.1 Liter engine with 231HP on models U423 or U323, and my personal opinion is that it should be in-line 6 engine inside such vehicle, because 3 axles towing military - like vehicle must have some 300 Hp and plenty of torque. Your examples actually show models with some 170HP which is probably not enough. Remember that torque is vital for vehicles of such purposes, and the bigger displacement is, there is more room for bigger torque. Please take a look on wikipedia about Hino Ranger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hino_Ranger

I hope that now you understand my point of view. LEGO's point of view is that 6 cylinder engine is to long to fit inside. :wink:

10 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

That would be most welcome to broke current monotony (or better "monochromy") :thumbup:

If 6 inline is too long to fit then why not V8, I wonder? Front nose truck like this don't have V alignment?

Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

If 6 inline is too long to fit then why not V8, I wonder? Front nose truck like this don't have V alignment?

Good question - real trucks rather use in-line 6 - more fuel efficient, easily to balance it, and one important issue - production and development cost. Everything (unfortunately) is economics; just one example - VW Tuareg and Porsche Cayenne are actually the same car, but why is Porsche more expensive? VW is built in higher quantity - quantity is a key factor for price determination. Now back to 6 cylinders - why 6 cylinders. Answer is actually very simple; they are used in trucks (road trucks), special trucks (like Unimog), Tractors, Combine harvesters, self-propelled sprayers etc...I hope you get the picture. Last several years we see that LEGO is trying to make more and more realistic models, so this could be the answer (despite the fact that it is a bit off topic) :wink:

B-models on my Flickr account. Please embed here ;)

@Milan can you Frontpage them if you are around.

10 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

42069 B model is nice :thumbup: but 42070 B reminds me a bit on 8859 B model (upper left corner on image)

d4e4o5g414m4r5g5m444a4f446o2o4c4z5o4p594

Edited by I_Igor

Great to see some B-models! First off, the 42070 - uhhh. 'Research Explorer Vehicle'? Seriously, this could have been a huge logging machine! Not impressed.

I do like the '69 (dudes!) B-model; would go great with the Arctic Truck A or B. Something does seem off about having a snowcat with 'TURE' splashed across the side of the cab, though.

'68 B looks cool; I like the boat, and the truck looks on a par with 8289. Another B that looks better than the A? Possibly...

I really like each B-models, great job TLG! :classic:

For me 42070 offers 2 proper crawler bases, great! (B-model reminds me a bit to Madoca's Jeep Mighty FC.)

Something like 42069 B, I have had plans for long, now there will be the opportunity to build it in orange (on 42038 basis).

42068 is jut lovely, looks like a great partner for 8053 in playing actions.

It will be interesting to put the 42069 B model next to the 42065 RC Tracked racer, looks like a wide-body version of it :) I personally like the 42070 B model as well, looks like a Dakar truck.

3 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

But why would a fire rescue truck have have a boat?

It's not uncommon - e.g. the 7239 City set also had a boat.