On 5/2/2017 at 7:13 PM, agrof said:

On the side note: quite lame to store all (!!!) the graphical files in open web folder... 

Did you notice some missing (discontinued) set? 42043? 

Edited by J_C

Sorry, I really don't remember that, my focus was on new models and Ninjago.

For the 42070, both the winch and the LA are driven by the M-motor, so I think it doesn't have much lifting power. I find it unusual that the XL motor powers the turntable and not the winch nor the LA.

Oh come on, this is 42070. One can hardly expect it to be a quality model. Also, it's not a tow truck. Even rotator tow trucks have a towing fork or arm at the back, which 42070 lacks. Lastly, this set is the ultimate argument against RC sets. It has everything that people who dislike RC sets dislike, and then some. Poorly finished design, lack of functions, and mostly boring assembly. Also, for $270, why is it not fully RC, with a motor to run the switch mechanism?

25 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

Oh come on, this is 42070. One can hardly expect it to be a quality model. Also, it's not a tow truck. Even rotator tow trucks have a towing fork or arm at the back, which 42070 lacks. Lastly, this set is the ultimate argument against RC sets. It has everything that people who dislike RC sets dislike, and then some. Poorly finished design, lack of functions, and mostly boring assembly. Also, for $270, why is it not fully RC, with a motor to run the switch mechanism?

I agree with that, it should be full rc for that price. Maybe a l motor and a servo.

12 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Also, for $270, why is it not fully RC, with a motor to run the switch mechanism?

Erm probably because it has two switches?

14 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Poorly finished design, lack of functions, and mostly boring assembly.

Actually, apart from the colour (because there are few elements in it to MOC with), I like the design: strong and utilitarian. And did you already build one, to know the assembly is boring?

14 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

I dare say by the time the AFOL's have finished we will have at least one thread running on all the many and numerous ways it can be modded and we'll end up with an 'Ultimate' 42070 which has every single function motorised all controlled by an sbrick. 

Sometimes we need to step back and remember who Lego are marketing this at, and its the fact that at the end of the day it's a child's toy and having manual functions increases the playability and therefore the likelihood of parents buying it for their children (and grandchildren :wink:).  

reminder: nobody (apart from very very few insiders) has built 42070 yet....just saying.

Edited by J_C

17 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Off-road tow trucks sometimes don't feature a fork, presumably because the truck might be needed to pull a vehicle out of a deep hole. A fork would do no good in that situation.

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Actually, apart from the colour (because there are few elements in it to MOC with), I like the design: strong and utilitarian. And did you already build one, to know the assembly is boring?

I think it looks good too. The grill's a bit lazy, but other than that it's pretty cool. Plus, six tractor tyres - that's me sold!

58 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Any signs of upcoming licensed vehicles for 2017? (Volvo, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc)

No. 

I initially didn't plan to acquire the Ultra-Light Helicopter (it turns out to be quite good) or the BMW R 1200 GS Adventure (after seeing that BMW actually built the B-Model I was sold - so for the first time I actually built the B-Model first...) but I'm really glad I did.

The Telehandler is fun and I liked the direction system (a nod to the kind of poor mechanism of 8295 ?).

The 40 Years Car Chassis is great to build and looks really cool. I had just built the original 8860 set not two months ago and it's still as fun!

If anybody's interested, I've tried to list the parts of the 40 Years Car Chassis here (please forgive / notify me of any mistakes) and I've made it into a Bricklink XML file that can be uploaded into a wanted list.

Given that this 40 Years Car Chassis instructions were made available by Lego under the name 42063_40Years, can we expect a 42067 set ?

15 hours ago, tohan said:

The Telehandler is fun and I liked the direction system (a nod to the kind of poor mechanism of 8295 ?).

A lot of people say that 42061 is the successor to 8283, but I do think it has more in common with 8295, particularly considering the LA and four-wheel steering. It does have the bucket stickers and colour of 8283, though. Best of both worlds? :grin:

11 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

A lot of people say that 42061 is the successor to 8283, but I do think it has more in common with 8295, particularly considering the LA and four-wheel steering. It does have the bucket stickers and colour of 8283, though. Best of both worlds? :grin:

Quite possibly the best of both worlds! As I do not (yet - it's actually on the way) own 8283 it's hard for me to judge. I was really happy to see a good implementation of the 4 wheels steering of 8295 that actually works (even though it still has a lot of slack and I think 8295 suffered more from its weight than of the design itself and the large wheels made it even worse - that being said, 8295 is not that bad IMHO!) 

27 minutes ago, tohan said:

Quite possibly the best of both worlds! As I do not (yet - it's actually on the way) own 8283 it's hard for me to judge. I was really happy to see a good implementation of the 4 wheels steering of 8295 that actually works (even though it still has a lot of slack and I think 8295 suffered more from its weight than of the design itself and the large wheels made it even worse - that being said, 8295 is not that bad IMHO!) 

I'll drink to that! I own 8295 and think it's cool, though its weight and size do work against it. The B-model is smaller, lighter and thus better, and keeps the steering system. I love 8283 as well; mine's a replica, though - it's prohibitively expensive in box now!

42061 does steer best when it's moving, though it's still really clever for its size and the rigid wheels get a good turning circle, much better than the reach stacker from 42062 (which is still awesome).

Interview with Technic designers about Porsche and BMW. It shows some prelim BMW B-model prototype.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Description:

Organize exciting expeditions with this vehicle for extreme adventures with four independent working tracks, truly working suspension, hoist and front wheel control and a lot of interesting features. Open the doors by moving them up and see down the board.

Turn the lever to raise the built-in roof rack, release the tailgate to get to the drawer with the shovel and open the hood to see the immersive V8 engine with moving pistons. This impressive 2-in-1 LEGO Technic model features a side-opening storage compartment that includes a first aid box and two fire extinguishers, an imperial with two dark green jerrycans and a yellow-black-purple color scheme with decorative sticker details. Build the model into a mobile research base!

Includes four grab bars full of grips with real-life suspension, upside-down doors with wooden deck, roof rack, latch tailgate, real-life tackle, steering front wheels, open hood, detailed V8 engine with moving pistons, extendable drawer with shovel, Side compartment that can be opened with first aid kit and two fire extinguishers and a roofing empire with two dark green jerrycans.
With supercool yellow-black-purple color scheme and decorative sticker details.
Drive around the vehicle to rotate the tracks.
Turn the lever to raise the built-in roof rack.
When the doors are opened, the board gradually drops.
Place the jerrycans on the imperial, open the side compartment to view the first aid kit and the two fire extinguishers and pull the drawer out to catch the shovel.
This model also has a unique impression on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of LEGO Technic.
This LEGO Technic model is specially designed for an exciting and enjoyable construction process. • Intended for indoor use only.
2-in-1 model: can be converted into a mobile research base.
The vehicle for extreme adventures (with the roof rack and open the doors) is about 30 cm high, 44 cm long and 25 cm wide, and approximately 26 cm high and 24 cm wide with folded-in tent and closed doors.
The mobile research base is about 19 cm tall, 47 cm long and 20 cm wide.

MOBILE RESEACH BASE! I'm getting two of this!!