Just now, tohan said:

I am not sure Lego has enough staff on the Technic product line to attend all toy fairs. Furthermore, it may seem like high treason to a hardcore fan but I think 90% if not more of customers are casual consumers and I think most won't care for a misplaced/missing element on a model (that may come from hundreds of careless manipulations by eager fans on the stand).

Very true, on both accounts. Maybe it isn't even a TLG employee, but a hired employee. Who knows.

Apparently for us, it's a way bigger deal than for TLG.

Valid points above, still if one decides to participate on a fair, than proper appearance, personal with knowledge to the products / or personal who is able to follow and control policies (no touch, no functional show) is a must. Whatever if own or hired employees.

If they really wanted to keep the functions in secret, than why were there batteries around?

We don't know what were the conditions, but for sure this turned out semi-professional. :classic:

Sorry for the side notes, but I couldn't resist. I am back to topic.

Anyway...the All Terrain Truck and Extreme Adventure are starting to appeal to me :sweet: :thumbup:

(already liked the fire truck)

19 minutes ago, David Thomsen said:

What happens in August? The sets are available now.

It's in August that the model's instructions become available. Remember, it was presented along the 2H sets, so it'll become available on 2H.

19 hours ago, Jim said:

Okay, it's growing on me. Retrofitting some cool wheels and this is a pretty fun vehicle.

hm:look: with tumbler wheels and black rims, not bad idea at all, but I think we will need portal axle hubs to fit tire inside fender... 

Just now, I_Igor said:

hm:look: with tumbler wheels and black rims, not bad idea at all, but I think we will need portal axle hubs to fit tire inside fender... 

It doesn't have to be street legal, so I'm fine with the tires protruding beyond the fenders :thumbup:

Anyway, Portal Hubs would be a fine solution for me.

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

It doesn't have to be street legal, so I'm fine with the tires protruding beyond the fenders :thumbup:

Anyway, Portal Hubs would be a fine solution for me.

...specially smaller that could fit inside wheel racing small (but this is on the edge with speculations etc and not with 2017 sets so I'll stop here)... Baloon tires would be fine too :thumbup:

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Maybe next year they can hire me to build and display their sets properly?! :laugh:

That is good idea

:thumbup:

It is a bit offtopic, but for a while I wonder why the 2x5 small panel (left and right) isn't available in bright yellow because this is a standard color like black or white. I personally waiting for this panel in yellow for a long time and now - what a surprise - this part is used in the city jungle theme by a helicopter and not in Technic. Furthermore in the new Star Wars sets, there are panels and beams coming in reddish brown, so it is possible that we will see future technic sets with this color     

1 hour ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

It is a bit offtopic, but for a while I wonder why the 2x5 small panel (left and right) isn't available in bright yellow because this is a standard color like black or white. I personally waiting for this panel in yellow for a long time and now - what a surprise - this part is used in the city jungle theme by a helicopter and not in Technic. Furthermore in the new Star Wars sets, there are panels and beams coming in reddish brown, so it is possible that we will see future technic sets with this color     

as far as I know (don't take this  100% certain) LEGO has limited number of parts for every year (not ear) to be used in particular theme, so  this could be answer to your question. For this year they decided to make several colors that are rare...and when you see only pullback bike is yellow and for example no truck tire/wheel combo in Technic line this year...Take a look on color diversity for this year Technic sets (this is on topic)...

Edited by I_Igor
missing one "y"

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

as far as I know (don't take this  100% certain) LEGO has limited number of parts for every year (not ear) to be used in particular theme, so  this could be answer to your question. For this year they decided to make several colors that are rare...and when you see only pullback bike is yellow and for example no truck tire/wheel combo in Technic line this year...Take a look on color diversity for this year Technic sets (this is on topic)...

Yeah, there's always going to be things that fall by the wayside, though for a common color like yellow I imagine it's only a matter of time before we get some of those other standard panel pieces in that color.

I often see a lot of complaints from Technic fans when we get a new color that doesn't yet have a lot of part options instead of a more common color that is already highly usable due to the large variety of available parts. But personally, I like when rarer colors get used. After all, every color has to start somewhere, so a color debuting in Technic for the first time is an important step toward greater versatility. And new colors like Dark Azur or Bright Reddish Violet allow for dramatically different color schemes in a theme that otherwise can start to look a little samey with the repeated use of colors like standard reds, yellows, and blues.

4 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

We have many parts waiting to be released in standard (or just more common) colours, yet TLG produces these exact parts in a colours we don't need!

4 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

It is a bit offtopic, but for a while I wonder why the 2x5 small panel (left and right) isn't available in bright yellow because this is a standard color like black or white. 

You can also wonder why there have been few panels in LBG and DBG. 

1 hour ago, zux said:

We have many parts waiting to be released in standard (or just more common) colours, yet TLG produces these exact parts in a colours we don't need!

Yes common is the right word here. It is good to see that the 2x5 panel is coming now in yellow, so the waiting has an end. It is one of the panel family that is now available in all common colors, but yellow was the only missing until now  

25 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

It is good to see that the 2x5 panel is coming now in yellow

Which set please?

6 minutes ago, zux said:

Which set please?

In a summer city jungle set this part is used by a helicopter. This was the intention of my first post to say. It is interesting that parts we are waiting for are available first in another themes and then later maybe in Technic

Ah, nicely spotted! Now let's hope those panels are in yellow colour rather than some (confusing) bright light orange.

Looking at the pictures for the first time, I also thought it is bright orange or the sometimes called "flamed yellow" color. But compared with the hands and heads of minifigs in the same pic, it is indeed common yellow. I think the bright orange is not a bad color and should find his way to the Technic theme at any time for construnction vehicles and machinery

Edit: looking at another pics it seems it is really bright orange alias flamed yellow. Sorry lets hope for those panels in common "real" yellow next year

Edited by Timorzelorzworz