I wonder why Lego brings the old version oft the 3x11 bowed panel in purple and not the newer one with extra holes. I mean since the release of the new yellow panel in the 42009 mobile crane in 2013, other colors was updated with this new version (red, black, blue, medium blue, medium azure). So this is the first time that we will see the "old" 3x11 bowed panel, but with a brand new color. Seems a bit strange

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

In a "door" (or whatever you may call it)  there shouldn't be that much holes... It probably saved out a sticker too....:laugh:

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Is the purple curved panel a part of the door itself? Cos it's not connected to the part of the door that opens upwards/forward. Maybe it opens downwards or something, but to my view, it's not a part of the actual door.

A few more holes like in the newer part of this panel doesn't bother me personally, but I have to agree that in some cases, it does look better with less holes.

I also have to say that I think there should be more purple on the bodywork, IMO there's too little.

Edited by Error404

The 42066 jet will also looks better with less holes, but the medium blue panel in this set are the new ones unless it is really needed or not. This is what I mean. Since the release of the new panel, the old one get deprecated unless which color it is. But now in 2017 this panel returns

Parts in new colors already detected for the 42070 tow truck:

• 3x13 fender piece in black
  • differential red
  • dogbone H-frame red 
  • 5x11 panel in medium azure
  • 3x11 panel in medium azure
  • 5x11 cutted panel in medium azure
  • 5x7 panel left medium azure
  • 5x7 panel right medium azure
  • 3x5 panel left medium azure
  • 3x5 panel right medium azure
  • beam 11L medium azure
  • beam 4x2 angular medium azure

May not finished, but thats a lot. I assume medium azure for this set. If it is dark azure, add 3x11 bow panel with extra holes in dark azure to the list and replace all medium with dark

Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

Parts in new colors already detected for the 42070 tow truck:

• 3x13 fender piece in black
  • differential red
  • dogbone H-frame red 
  • 5x11 panel in medium azure
  • 3x11 panel in medium azure
  • 5x11 cutted panel in medium azure
  • 5x7 panel left medium azure
  • 5x7 panel right medium azure
  • 3x5 panel left medium azure
  • 3x5 panel right medium azure
  • beam 11L medium azure
  • beam 4x2 angular medium azure

May not finished, but thats a lot. I assume medium azure for this set. If it is dark azure, add 3x11 bow panel with extra holes in dark azure to the list and replace all medium with dark

...hope that you are right (like with winch on technic sets) with medium azure. For me it looks more like blue on 42066 jet...:look:

10 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

...hope that you are right (like with winch on technic sets) with medium azure. For me it looks more like blue on 42066 jet...:look:

Don't think it is 42066 medium blue. Make no sense that Lego releases the 1H and 2H flagship in the same color. And yes the 42069 has a front winch as speculated several pages before ... what a surprise :D

But talking about the winch, can anybode explain what kind of string it is? In booth sets, 42069 and 42070, the string looks metallic and thicker than the regular lego string, like a new thing

Unbenannt1.png

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

Don't think it is 42066 medium blue. Make no sense that Lego releases the 1H and 2H flagship in the same color. And yes the 42069 has a front winch as speculated several pages before ... what a surprise :D

I hope that you're right again so I can make this

csm_Contentbild_Unimog_Forst_U423_Halle_

now is like this

https://www.google.hr/search?client=opera&hs=POr&biw=874&bih=590&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=2015+Unimog+u+423&oq=2015+Unimog+u+423&gs_l=img.3...308249.310468.0.311386.7.6.1.0.0.0.100.535.5j1.6.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.0.0.4eosCib_Sz0#imgrc=htYlq5VK0AHnNM:

I've removed gallery due to some additional changes on model...

On 20.2.2017 at 9:05 AM, Anio said:

A TechLUG member spotted something new...

picture+picture

Can you see it ?

Adjustable suspensions !

19 hours ago, allanp said:

Is it adjustable ride height, or is it built incorrectly? :laugh:

Actually here is a picture to confuse everything (check the rear and the front)! :grin:

img_0074-1024x768.jpg

EDIT:

The color of the 42070 is medium azure, check the pictures here from Brickshow (same camera, same light conditions), there is clearly visible difference with 42066.

http://brickshow.com/2017/02/2017-lego-technic-nytf-set-images/

Edited by agrof

Okay, it's growing on me. Retrofitting some cool wheels and this is a pretty fun vehicle.

Okay, the video piques my interest. 

Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

And the video doesn't provide any new information to me.

I haven't been reading every single comment, especially because I found the model Meeehhhh at most. But looking at the video, I do think it's cool that it's full RC. Although selecting the controls seems to be confusing. This set needs some MODding to make it actually FULL RC.

The guy in the video does not show the winch and not the crane elevation. It is really a shame that some nerds build and show the models without any plan and interest at this important fairs and presentations.

By the way it is really medium azure. The dark azure (like in the new boost set) is really darker   

2 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

By the way it is really medium azure. The dark azure (like in the new boost set) is really darker   

I rather think it seems medium azure because of the lighting. The panels near the rear of the truck (see here) aren't that strongly lit, and they almost perfectly match the shade of dark azure, whereas the medium azure parts are very slightly greenish.

Is there really only one motorized function at a time?

I mean, we see drive, but no steering. Then we see the switch flipped, and we see outriggers and nothing else. Then we see another switch flipped (probably) at the other side, and we see crane rotation, but no raise. For all we know there's only one motorized function per "mode".

Don't count that video as an official demo.

It is obvious that the guy has no clue about what to operate to do what, and also the model is not assembled correctly - I am 100% sure. We saw in Nürnberg Spielwarenmesse videos last year, that the host was really educated for his job, he knew the models, read the promotion text and he could introduce them properly. This has been reflected by various youtuber.

But this... with all of my respect to LEGO, is this really the standard of a worldwide followed toy fair? There is a lot of room for improvement.

Edited by agrof

There must be two motors; a shot of the IR receiver (I can't remember where from) showed two PF connectors attached. I suspect the operator didn't bother with the other switch on the remote!

Yup, definitely two motors attached to the IR, so the noob on the controls is at fault. Drive mode would allow for forward and back plus steering. One motor also rotates crane and lowers stabilisers. The other must therefore  raise and lower the boom and the winch in non drive mode.

As I've expressed earlier, 42070 is not a full RC model. It's the usual 4-function set with external direction switches instead of built-in multi-directional switches, and with bonus RC movement.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Hi I've been waiting for the right Technic sets to buy, just as a token Technic set or two for my collection, and I really like the way they've created a homage to set 8860 out of sets 42057, 42061 and 42063... but I can't find the official instructions anywhere! I can't find a reference to it anywhere on the Lego Technic website. Does anyone know where the instructions are?

Edited by David Thomsen

8 hours ago, agrof said:

But this... with all of my respect to LEGO, is this really the standard of a worldwide followed toy fair? There is a lot of room for improvement.

I am really surprised about this as well. You would expect someone from the Technic team running the Technic stand. On the other hand; they are very reluctant to show the functions, maybe that's why TLG doesn't really care. Still baffled though.

24 minutes ago, Jim said:

I am really surprised about this as well. You would expect someone from the Technic team running the Technic stand. On the other hand; they are very reluctant to show the functions, maybe that's why TLG doesn't really care. Still baffled though.

I am not sure Lego has enough staff on the Technic product line to attend all toy fairs. Furthermore, it may seem like high treason to a hardcore fan but I think 90% if not more of customers are casual consumers and I think most won't care for a misplaced/missing element on a model (that may come from hundreds of careless manipulations by eager fans on the stand). They may also elect to display beta stage sets so as to give us enough sense of what's coming and still keep the juiciest details hidden from prying eyes.

As for showing the functions, I for one, am also happy to keep a little bit of surprise for when I might build the actual model. Seeing too much of the details and the functions kills the joy of discovering them as you build it - which is what is so fun about Lego Technic in the first place for me.