The lepin stuff is just ridiculous and smacks of desperation.

Now back to lego, thanks for the video. This year I might get the towtruck, the extreme adventure support and the fire truck! That would be a first for me.

H

Could be, that the old differential returns in new color (red) ?

legodiff.jpg

image.pngimage.png

A TechLUG member spotted something new...

971915IMG4467.jpg

643293IMG4468.png

Can you see it ?

Adjustable suspensions !

Yeah, it seems that the big knob on the boot adjusts ride height. Right door side knob is for winch and left for doors opening? In any case there are 3 so there will be 3 functions, two regulated by the gearbox.

4 hours ago, agrof said:

Yes, I mentioned that before. New colour but same design and that will make this useless off road as an open diff and unsuspended front axle will make it one wheel drive!

Interested where they put the m motor and how the steering is linked to it.

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image.

18 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

that will make this useless off road as an open diff and unsuspended front axle will make it one wheel drive!

Im not up to speed on crawler/off-road mocs, but is there any accepted way to make a LSD/Locking Diff?

Im thinking maybe making a diff from scratch with a clutch gear as the middle one might provide some LSD like behaviour (although still not very realistic)

1 hour ago, agrof said:

legodiff.jpg

Could be because new driving rings are dark bluish gray and clutch gears are red, so when you need combo of those two it could be to colorful (even for LEGO)...

lets see if there will be some new parts or just recoloring who knows what is hidden below those panels

nice spot to all of you who saw this :thumbup:

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

Im not up to speed on crawler/off-road mocs, but is there any accepted way to make a LSD/Locking Diff?

Im thinking maybe making a diff from scratch with a clutch gear as the middle one might provide some LSD like behaviour (although still not very realistic)

If you do a thread search you´ll find solutions using both the old and new style diff. Madoca´s latest MOC also shows how.

2 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Yes, I mentioned that before. New colour but same design and that will make this useless off road as an open diff and unsuspended front axle will make it one wheel drive!

Interested where they put the m motor and how the steering is linked to it.

Sorry, correct - as a visual type of person I overlooked the text. :classic:

These sets are becoming more and more interesting, and 42070 really starts to growing on me, it has huge potential to overhaul it for a proper Trial Truck. There is a lot of space for differential locks, and such technical finenesses.

Interesting thing, on the video we can see that person who is filming is actually moving the model 42070 forward and reverse without any problem, having in mind that for movement it has XL motor then it would be rather hard to move it - so the drive system can be disengaged, and there is the reason why there is a 4th differential in red color ?  

42068 is the airport fire truck. Unless you meant in that video?

Edited by Bartybum

On 2/18/2017 at 8:33 AM, HallBricks said:

A quite interesting video about the design process of the BMW. Also shows how BMW built the B-model in real life.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, the joint effort between the Technic/BMW designers went much deeper than I expected, particularly with both teams working on the B-model's design.

I know the sample size is small, but it does seem that Technic collaborations are less marketing driven* than other Lego tie-ins (42030 also comes to mind). Could this be a reason why licensed Technic sets don't have an especially noticeable markup?

*That's less, not not. The sales are still the bottom line, of course.

6 hours ago, Anio said:

A TechLUG member spotted something new...

Can you see it ?

Adjustable suspensions !

I predicted it few pages before, same scheme as 8297 :tongue: .

21 minutes ago, Jay Psi said:

I know the sample size is small, but it does seem that Technic collaborations are less marketing driven* than other Lego tie-ins (42030 also comes to mind). Could this be a reason why licensed Technic sets don't have an especially noticeable markup?

BMW/Porsche dont build their cars/bikes to sell toys off of it, Disney does make their movies (Be it Star wars, Marvell etc..) to sell toys. I think that is the key difference.

9 minutes ago, Ondra said:

I predicted it few pages before, same scheme as 8297 :tongue: .

Compensating for the missing ride height adjustment on the Porsche :tongue:

The 42069 is really growing on me us. I like the use of tracks instead of wheels, they give the set originality. Here are a few observations:

• There are grey suspension pieces behind the seats. Door mechanism?
  • The spare sprocket in the back is connected to a 2l beam connected to something behind the panelled thing in the back.
  • Talking about it, there seems to be some kind of function or accessory involving those panels. If not, they surely wouldn't waste so much space in the trunk.
  • It seems like the seats can be moved in those yellow axles.
  • And about the adjustable suspension... it looks like just another mistake / lack of caution by the staff, like in many other models.
Edited by Kaanere

Not really original, what with 42038 just retiring and having basically the same design B model in orange and with more detail - perhaps a 1500 part count. It still seems way overpriced without PF.

Talking of B models, this one will probably have some type of dual tracked vehicle - the extra tracks on the roof will be used in the B model.

The extreme adventure is growing on me but I just keep on wondering what it would look like on a set of wheels.

if it has an interesting b model I may buy it

Is it adjustable ride height, or is it built incorrectly? :laugh:

Edited by allanp