I must admit that the 42069 is growing on me. I still am not fond of the purple and the tracks, but the door mechanism is cool and it looks like it is decently filled with technic functions on the inside... And those jerrycans:wub:

Still not worth $180 I think, but usually the prices drop a lot in the Netherlands

1 hour ago, Milan said:

Tires on 42070 mounted backwards, compared to the box picture.

Nicely spotted! They are mounted backwards indeed, but that's easy to fix!

The teddy bear on the other hand looks much less badass without the eyepatch it has on the box cover and that's a shame...

Edited by tohan

$290USD = $378AUD

Yeaaahhhh look Lego, for an unlicensed set with only 1862 pieces, two motors and one IR receiver, 42070 ain't happening for me... compared to 42030 which had twice as many power functions, was licensed and $360AUD. Mass disappointment from my side :(

I wonder why the box art for the extreme adventure/explore is so very different from the display model? One would think at a toy show that they would have everything the same as to not confuse the attendees.

Edited by Meatman

Those are suggested prices (SRP), right? I think they'll be reduced when the sets are released. For instance, I certainly don't expect 42069 £140+ to cost (for reference, 42054's UK MSRP was £120 - and it was quickly available for sub-£100).

Interesting, that the labels on 42070 show "TOW 067", like this model would have been registered as 42067 (project number), but meanwhile the design phase they put too much testosteron in it :grin: - so they had to move into the top league with new number (to follow the usual numbering queue). Than we would have an explanation for the "missing one".

I am really interested to see how capable this beast is, and what is exatly under the bonnet... after that I will make my judgement. For sure 6 big CLAAS tires take a noticable part of the price tag.

A bit more photos.

(Photos removed)

Edited by Milan
Please post only photos in allowed size (under 1024x768)

1 hour ago, porsche911bestcarever said:

Tere is a very bad connection on the side of 42068.

the blue 3l connector and the DBG 11l beam

There is also a light missing on top.. Probably got bumped around during shipping... You would think they would properly display their models at a prestigious show like this..

Edited by Paul Boratko

After seeing this newer photos of 42070 I think it is regular medium azure like in 42050… not a new dark azure in the technic lineup. I would wonder if it really is dark azure. In this case there must be at least 10 parts in new color which is much more than in other sets, but would otherwise explain the price. For example the 3x11 shell panel is always available so TGL can reuse this piece. Makes imho more sense for me. It is great to see how TLG forwarded the blue parts this year, started by medium blue in the yet and ended by the flagship and in between the new earth blue parts in the ship. For me 2017 is absolutely blue shaded and I love it......

Has anybody noticed the blue headlights in the tow truck? They are build as two blue globes behind the transparent panel on each side. At one close lookup it seems that they are lighting behind the transparent panel, but the box does not show lights as PF-elements and there is no room to mount lights...a bit strange and maybe lighting in the environment

I see 11L axle finally coming in LBG with 42069

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

$290USD = $378AUD

Yeaaahhhh look Lego, for an unlicensed set with only 186 which pieces, two motors and one IR receiver, 42070 ain't happening for me... compared to 42030 which had twice as many power functions, was licensed and $360AUD. Mass disappointment from my side :(

I agree. The difference in power functions parts is $105 AUD, adjusting the price to much more reasonable $273. If I recalled correctly, this is close to what 42009 originally retailed at.

So it Looks like I'll be waiting to get this on the secondary market. Shouldn't be much of a problem though. Say what you want about Brexit, but it's sure benefiting the AUD -> GBP conversion rates. I managed to pick up a 42055 for $240 including shipping from the UK.

Some more details to be discovered on this video:

EDIT: I can not really understand how an exchibitor can live with neglected assembled display models, this seems an issue (even if it is not a big one) for years. Parts are mounted in bad positions, beams-axles-pins are not pushed correctly in place, etc...

Edited by agrof

Good spot!

For 42070, I can see the mini turntable between the 2 rear axles to allow pendular movement between them an a red central diff (seemingly old style) under the cab. There is no apparent locking mechanism and the main diffs are all originl newer style ones.

42069 is indeed 4x4. Non independent suspension and uni joints are used on the front instead of drive shafts, which explains the apparently good steering lock.

Front and central diffs are not visible but you can see the mechanism for HOG steering and that the gear lever between the seats switches between the two functions of winch (right black bevel) and opening doors and rear side panels (left black bevel gear). Seems quite over priced for what it is, considering there are no PF included.

Edited by valenciaeric

Is it just me or is the sticker on  the door of 42070 printed badly? Seems almost half a centimeter to high compared to the overall lines... Its applied correctly on the panel, so must be bad printing...

Edit: typo

2nd edit: Had a better look at the pictures and video, it looks like the door itself is not mounted properly on the display model, as already mentioned in other post...

Edited by Rudivdk

1 hour ago, agrof said:

Some more details to be discovered on this video:

EDIT: I can not really understand how an exchibitor can live with neglected assembled display models, this seems an issue (even if it is not a big one) for years. Parts are mounted in bad positions, beams-axles-pins are not pushed correctly in place, etc...

Purple technic parts spotted in the 42069:

three 7x3 curved panels
two 11x3 curved panels
six 4x2 liftarm (could also be four, then add two 1x11.5 double bent liftarms)
two 1x11.5 double bent liftarm
two 1x7 liftarms
three 1x11 liftarm
two #1, #2 panels
one #21, #22 panel
four Porsche fenders

In the rear you can see two 6L axles with towball connectors and a bunch of 5x11 panels. Could it be there is some kind of tent-structure inside that can move upwards, outside? Operated by the spare sprocket wheel maybe?

Looks like that medium stone grey 11M crossaxle finally made an appearance above the rear wheelarches on 42069.