19 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I think (like others) that there's some sort of 8043 style (though not RC) gearbox for drive and operating the crane, for which a servo motor wouldn't work. 

It's a possibility, but the 8043-style multiplexing only allows 2 functions per motor. If the 42070 used a servo instead of the M motor, it could actuate a 42056-style sequential gearbox to switch between 4 functions per motor.

I think that 42070 looks excellent and could be an awesome parts pack for truck trails.    

On side note for some reason the coolest 1h set for me is the telehandlers b model. It just seems so cool and has decent functions for a £25 b model.

Damn , the 42069 :drool:

Butterfly doors , purple , tracks , sick stickers . This set is just waiting for a buggy motor and BuWizz in my mind :devil_laugh:

So, what about B models?

42070: Lego could totally cop out and make the B model only a change in bodywork, like 9398. I'd prefer it have a grader B model, we have plenty of panels, and 6 wheels for that.

42069: I don't know what this thing could be, unless Lego decides to make another tracked racer. Or, because this model is so similar to 42038's B model, the B model follows suit, being like the A model. Or, it's just another change in toppings, as I really don't see enough parts to make something really different.

42068: We don't have a winch, but it could be a tow truck, with just a lift bar. Or, in keeping with the aircraft theme, the B model is an airport tug.

I dunno, I don't have any information to go on. What do you guys think the B models of these sets could be?

^I don't really have much in terms of speculation to offer on the B models, just that I really hope they are significantly different from the A models and use most of their parts. I think I would really consider buying 42069 if the B-model was something like a 42042-ish crane (either A or B). Judging from the 1H, I'm assuming it will be quite a while before we get to see what the B models are, right?

I'd like the 42070-B to be a logging vehicle of some kind, especially given those tyres. I think someone suggested it before, actually.

42069? Huh. That's a tough one. Possibly a snow groomer?

42068... hmm. Not sure if we'll get a repeat of the two buggy models from 2003. Maybe a buggy and a bike! :laugh:

At :53, you can see the passenger side switch in the up position controls the turning of the crane AND the winch up and down so there must be a 3rd switch to select between the 2 functions somewhere.  The drivers side switch seems to be steering in the down position and extend outriggers in the up position. The only function I can't find a control for is the crane up and down.  

Edited by Miscman

After looking at more videos of the 42069, I'm interested in the suspension. I didn't spot any torque tubes, it looks like a proper live axle, with 2 5L Steering Arms with Ball joint socket per axle, and what looks like 9L links on the front suspension. It is 4WD with CV joints visible in the rear driveshaft. This model looks like it will be fun to modify. If it's not too expensive I might pick this one up out of the bunch.

800x600-white-smoke-solid-color-backgrou

EDIT: Didn't see saberwing's analysis last page. To add some more info, the shocks are 6.5L, with hard yellow versions in the rear, but the front looks like the soft variant. Probably just an anomaly for the show model. In Saber's pic, unless my eyes are deceiving me, there seems to be a visible red 16t clutch gear, and some more gears under and behind the seat to indicate a working gearbox. We shall see if it is a true gearbox or a function selector. Hopefully the former.

Edited by z3_2drive

Not too enthusiastic about the 42070 model at first glance. Though I would have to build it to form a definite opinion. However I am quite interested in the set regardless because of the part. Spotted so many parts that I would like to get, that I will probably not be able to resist buying one. :pir-sweet:  

On 2/2/2017 at 5:07 PM, UVAChEEngineer said:

That was the point I was trying to get to several pages ago...TLG burned all their powder in 2016 and set up 2017 for a let down.  They should have traded out one or two of the 2016 2H sets with one or two of 2017 2H sets.  Would have leveled out the expectations / let down issue going from 2016 to 2017.  In the bigger scheme of things, its not a big deal.  I just need to exercise self restraint and hold out on opening up my 42056 and 42053 sets until this summer so that I will have something new to build.  Longer term though, I would like to see some of these larger, AFOL sets have a formal option from LEGO on 31313 integration.  It seams that Mindstorms is off on its own little island once its released despite being mostly compatible with Technic...official support for PF would be nice though.  Mindstorms is fun to explore and tinker with but sometimes its nice to just check your brain at the door and follow some instructions which result in a cool creation.

I must give lego a little credit.  On FB, it looks like they did come up with a cross promotion idea using 31313...just took me a while to find it.  

6 hours ago, Miscman said:

Yes, I'm obsessed with how 42070 works. After even more examination, I think the driver's side switch when in the down position actives drive AND steering mode.  Up is outriggers.  So the passenger side switch in the down position may control the crane up and down, and in the up position controls winch AND crane rotation with a 3rd switch somewhere to select between the 2. Sound right to ya'll?

7 hours ago, Miscman said:

At :53, you can see the passenger side switch in the up position controls the turning of the crane AND the winch up and down so there must be a 3rd switch to select between the 2 functions somewhere.  The drivers side switch seems to be steering in the down position and extend outriggers in the up position. The only function I can't find a control for is the crane up and down.

The set only has two motors, right. So I think it will work like this:

Drivers side switch will toggle between 'Driving Mode', which sends the XL to the wheels and the M to steering, and 'Functions Mode', sending both motors to a second gearbox.

The passenger side switch controls this second gearbox. Like you said, in the up position it sends power to the crane rotation and winch. In the video at :55, you can kind of make out the sticker for the down position. The symbol on the right definitely looks like  outriggers, the left symbol, although blurry, kind of looks like it represents crane arm elevation. My best guess for the role of the motors is XL: Outriggers/Winch and M: Elevation and rotation.

1 hour ago, grimrecka said:

The passenger side switch controls this second gearbox. Like you said, in the up position it sends power to the crane rotation and winch. In the video at :55, you can kind of make out the sticker for the down position. The symbol on the right definitely looks like  outriggers, the left symbol, although blurry, kind of looks like it represents crane arm elevation. My best guess for the role of the motors is XL: Outriggers/Winch and M: Elevation and rotation.

Edit: I keep forgetting that the remote is 2 controls at once, no 3rd switch required. So perhaps...

Passenger side up: winch and rotation. 

Passenger side down:  outriggers (extend and lower is one action) and crane up and down. 

So yes, I agree?.

Edited by Miscman

Hm ... now that I had another look at 42069 I'm actually getting pretty interested in that set. I suppose with the usual Technic discounts at launch it will be around 100 € and I'll likely buy it. But first I want to see a proper video introducing its functions. Technically it might be the most impressive set of entire 2017.

It looks like the version they had on display is the final one ... although the box shows a bit of a different version of 42069 if you look closely on the top right corner - where it shows the size of the model - it shows the version as seen on display - with the stickers, the black beams on top, etc.

Edited by Emmi

Yeah now I take a closer look at 42069 I realize it has some cool realistic details: remote reservoir, 4 fuel cans, spare sprocket, spare tracks, butterfly doors. I think I'll get this set, but replace all the yellow parts with black ones.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

42069 is growing on me too, but each time I look at it I wish it was on wheels rather than tracks, a bit like an extreme Landy or an "arctic truck" spec Landcruiser.

i might wait and see how this turns out and what functions it has, and importantly its price point

3 minutes ago, Seasider said:

42069 is growing on me too, but each time I look at it I wish it was on wheels rather than tracks, a bit like an extreme Landy or an "arctic truck" spec Landcruiser.

i might wait and see how this turns out and what functions it has, and importantly its price point

Same, I also would prefer a wheeled version of it ... but hey it's still an impressive model. I especially love the fake shock absorbers ... and even more the fact it still has real ones!

It has been confirmed that it will retail for € 130 ... so expect to get it for around € 100 at launch.

42069 should be a half track. That would be perfect. 

On 06/01/2017 at 10:24 AM, Seasider said:

I think the 42070 uses a 3-way-gearbox which controls the XL and M-Motor in parallel. On one side the lever simply controls between driving or not driving and the other side controls which crane mode is operated when the lever is in "none driving mode". This meens 3 manual selected RC-modes. It makes sense that the outtriggers and crane elevation are together in one mode and the whinch and rotation in the other mode. For the gearbox, the truck should be use 4 driving rings: 2 for selecting driving or none driving for each motor and 2 for selecting the operation mode (parallel lever) also for each motor. I have noticed that there must be a driving ring going through the turntable to power the actuator and the winch. We have seen this mechanism for 5 years ago last time in the 2012 logging truck. The designer of 42068 is 100% Alfred Pederson in my opinion and the designer of 42070 is Michal T. and for 42069 Uwa Wabra. The 42070 tow truck can not use servo motor because this motor is required for other "normal" operations. By the way the setup of M-motor together with XL make it possible to use the "old" receiver and not the new one which is called 2.0. This makes the set even cheaper but 250€ is not really cheap... Edit: It seems that the main gearbox is located under the cabin near the tanks. Furthermore I think the truck does not have a powered fake engine. Instead, the motors are located under the hood.       

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

28 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

The designer of 42068 is 100% Alfred Pederson in my opinion and the designer of 42070 is Michal T. and for 42069 Uwa Wabra. 

Why do you think the designer is Alfred Pederson? And the 42070 has UW or U UU in the grill, shouldn't its designer be Uwe Wabra instead?

5 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Why do you think the designer is Alfred Pederson? And the 42070 has UW or U UU in the grill, shouldn't its designer be Uwe Wabra instead?

yes 42069 and 42070 may be vise versa. I think Alfred because he had no 2016 model and the truck was canceled in this year. Furthermore he build all past models in this scale ... 42024 ... 42008

47 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

By the way the setup of M-motor together with XL make it possible to use the "old" receiver and not the new one which is called 2.0. This makes the set even cheaper but 250€ is not really cheap...  

For this parts count and compilation of PF (4958 had the same with 800 parts for 90€) 250€ seems way to high. There has to be some unknown secret or incorrect information regarding this set.

9 minutes ago, Sazan said:

For this parts count and compilation of PF (4958 had the same with 800 parts for 90€) 250€ seems way to high. There has to be some unknown secret or incorrect information regarding this set.

No, the Volvo wheel loader has parts count of 1600+ and is € 220. So parts count of 1800+ with a price of € 250 is plausible.