9 minutes ago, hsky said:

If you look closely to the front fender of 42070 (under the teddy), you can see a sticker, on that is written "TOW 067". I think this means that this truck is made to tow the Lego Model Technic 42067. But we dont know anything about this model yet!!

I am sooooooo hyped now to see what a suprising set 42067 will be :wub::wub::wub:

well, that is crazy wild theory (I like those) :wink: 

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

Do you think we could somehow convince TLG to release the combination model as a stand alone set ? (And fix the colour scheme)

Considering it's a modern version of the car chassis of 1980 and not 1977, I'd say it's better to leave it as this, because celebrating a 40 years anniversary with a 37 year model as a an actual set would be super weird imo. 

It's still a little weird as it is now, but now it can at least pass as a nice gesture, which I still think it is. After all, they could have done nothing too. 

In my opinion, and this is just my, the current era LGT designers have taken all the 40 years of Lego Technic line legacy and have flash it down... It is really disappointing.

If we take a look for the 2017, all of us had great expectations of what designers would made just to celebrating 40th years of Technic. In first half year they have given us the 3l brick with printed 40th years 1977-2017, this half what they made was a combined model that reminds the 8860... and that is all...

Unless there is a hidden surprise for "ultimate" this year will be a "dark age"...  :(

12 minutes ago, hsky said:

If you look closely to the front fender of 42070 (under the teddy), you can see a sticker, on that is written "TOW 067". I think this means that this truck is made to tow the Lego Model Technic 42067. But we dont know anything about this model yet!!

I am sooooooo hyped now to see what a suprising set 42067 will be :wub::wub::wub:

nice spotting, its also on the back panels!

v2zfy9.jpg

28744z5.jpg

43 minutes ago, hsky said:

My guess: this model was developed under the 42067 name, evolved into something bigger/more complex than originally intended and got promoted to flagship model. Since flagships tend to have the highest article numbers in a batch, it got a new number (42070) and left a gap at the 42067 slot.

My 2 cts: Although the 2H sets are not for me, I can see that an 8-year old might get really excited by a huge blue truck with tractor tires and I like the details like the bear and the chains. Same with the 42069: It's big, bold, colourful and has tracks (did you know it's a universal law that any vehicle with tracks is cool). I noticed that on the (temporary) boxart of the 42069, the colour of the fender was digitally altered (you can see that the pins holding the front fender are purple as well). I wonder what the colour options were considered. Based on the boxart, I would put my money on blue.

I'm happy and busy with the 2016 and the 1H2017 sets, so I really don't mind the fact I can skip these sets. The mini chassis is a nice touch I think, and I really appreciate this gesture by TLG.

Edited by Cumulonimbus
Added my 2 cts

On 1/2/2017 at 12:32 AM, Huaojozu said:

Can anyone guess (or read) the length of the three models based on the wheels? I have absolutely no eye for proportions and my foolish attempts to use paint have not produced anything meaningful :D

From youtube videos, the preliminary box of 42070 just says "XX cm / XX in."

Considering the length of long panels (8,6cm) or CLAAS tyres diam. (10,7mm) I'd say its close to 60 cm not counting in the crane's tip, and probably similar width as CLAAS (18cm). This would be a little longer than this year's plane 42066 but a bit shorter than my first impression.

To put it into context: CLAAS is 40-ish x 18 cm. (whithout attachments, 61x18  with), Arocs is 54 x 14, Porsche 57 x 25 and  Bucket Wheel 72 x 29. 

Huge by any reference

Not interested in the other sets, sorry

^^^ Loving your theories, we should open a thread for the 42067: Ghost-Towed Vehicle :pir-skel: and start MOCing crazy ones 

Edited by bitbamboo
deleting attachments

4 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

My guess: this model was developed under the 42067 name, evolved into something bigger/more complex than originally intended and got promoted to flagship model. Since flagships tend to have the highest article numbers in a batch, it got a new number (42070) and left a gap at the 42067 slot.

That would be a big disappointing :cry_sad:

I hope it's not true... I want a special set!

I watched video by hobby media and it seems that 42069 front tracks are driven probably connected to fake engine, mostly when front wheels are driven rear wheels are driven too.

For the B models my guess is that

- 42068: A 4-wheel fire truck and a 2-wheel trailer with the hose. 
- 42069: Another arctic truck with tracks...
- 42070: A flat bed recovery truck.

Trucks, trucks everywhere.

20 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

For the B models my guess is that

- 42068: A 4-wheel fire truck and a 2-wheel trailer with the hose. - just like old 8280 set ?
- 42069: Another arctic truck with tracks... - deja vu from 42038?
- 42070: A flat bed recovery truck. - truck and truck again 

Trucks, trucks everywhere.

Edited by AOW

Yeah I think 42068 is probably like 8280. The general idea is that the A model and B model are supposed to be in the same theme.  And since 42069 has tracks its B model must have tracks. And it's not gonna be a tank or racer or construction equipment. So arctic truck again ~~~ Even the word "truck" starts to sound weird to me.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Another spot about "new" 8860 - have you noticed that it has:

1. rear suspension like 8860 had, but with single spring, something like Tarta's have 

2. a gearbox and lever to change gears 

3. front steering system, not in the way as 8860 had. 

I wonder who is the designer of it? I could guess that it could be Grohl by the way how he is making a lot of Model-C,D,E,F based on official sets :) 

11 hours ago, Huaojozu said:

Can anyone guess (or read) the length of the three models based on the wheels? I have absolutely no eye for proportions and my foolish attempts to use paint have not produced anything meaningful :D

For the 42070: A quick count (I may be wrong) gives around 73 studs = 58.4 cm, with the rear stabilzers in parked position, excluding crane, but including rear lights.

Edited by kolbjha

Maybe the 42070 reference stands for the 40th anniversary hommage supercar, which could easily be towed by this massive tow truck

2 hours ago, hsky said:

Maybe this is the original 42067 set (written as 42070 on purpose)  and 42070 is still hidden until August :laugh:

Edited by cavallino

20 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Indeed, the blue in the truck is a brighter shade.

I agree, at 17" in the video both boxes are at sight. Who asked for another shade of blue?? 

I believe the blue in 42070 is Dark Azure, the shade of the new Gali in Bionicle.

6650614311_e669edb6ae_b.jpg

Regular blue: #2 from the right
Dark blue: #1 from the right
Medium blue (Jet's blue): #5 from the left
Dark azure (Tow Truck's blue): #3 from the right
Medium azure (Drag Racer's blue): #4 from the right

Edited by nguyengiangoc

I really hope not! It's bad enough to already have regular blue, dark blue, medium blue and medium azure, not to mention the turquoise from the Competition sets...

lego-technic-42069_2.jpg

My theory is that functions will be very similar to 8297, it looks like there are functions such as adjustable height of car(Same this time yellow raxles under seats like it was in 8297) and winch.

27 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I believe the blue in 42070 is Dark Azure, the shade of the new Gali in Bionicle.

No, God, noooooooo! 50 shades of blue... 

22 minutes ago, Ondra said:

My theory is that functions will be very similar to 8297, it looks like there are functions such as adjustable height of car(Same this time yellow raxles under seats like it was in 8297) and winch.

I think the functions are winch and butterfly doors, like those in 8070. You can see the door open up diagonally and there's a 6L tow ball beam pushing it up. Or perhaps there is adjustable height as well.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

14 minutes ago, Ondra said:

<removed : that purple thing>

It has suspensions too, as we can clearly distinguish a yellow shock absorber.

1 minute ago, charlesw said:

It has suspensions too, as we can clearly distinguish a yellow shock absorber.

I cannot find suspension on first axle, maybe its pendular?