34 minutes ago, Emmi said:

So how can 42070 have less parts than the Claas tractor from last year ... given its enormous size???

Well for a RC model it actually has the biggest part count? 8275 was 1400ish? 8043 was 1100ish? 9398 was 1300ish? 42030 was 1600ish and now this with 1800ish. Besides more parts adding weight which would slow a model down, all that PF equipment has a price so they put less parts in the set to keep the price of the set in check?

Just now, evortigosa said:

BWE and Claas makes us want more complex and bigger sets, but it's not a rule for every year...

Don't need bigger sets in partcount or proportions, just want functional sets like the Xerion indeed. If one wants more complex and bigger, heavier sets, buy instructions for MOC's and build those. I would love to see front tires to match the tires on the Xerion to build a normal tractor or backhoes.

2 minutes ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

Someone posted a video! :)

<video>

OH no no no, NO!!!

5 second mark.... look at 2003, that's not the 8455 Backhoe! The backhoe of awesome pneumatic glory, thats the 8069 from 2011, the backhoe of crappy LA's. Shame on you Lego!

1 minute ago, Dafgek81 said:

Don't need bigger sets in partcount or proportions, just want functional sets like the Xerion indeed. If one wants more complex and bigger, heavier sets, buy instructions for MOC's and build those. I would love to see front tires to match the tires on the Xerion to build a normal tractor or backhoes.

I agree with that. Claas would have qualified as a flagship

The MSRP for Volvo was 220 EUR, and for BWE was 230 EUR. That truck for 250 EUR, really??!!

Even more absurd is that non-PF 42069 for 130 EUR, even more than the Jet. Seriously... :wacko:

Edited by nguyengiangoc

1 minute ago, evortigosa said:

I agree with that. Claas would have qualified as a flagship

Yeah indeed, the BWE was a bust for me. The Porsche was way to pricy and lacked good functionality for that price.

5 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

+1 The Claas was definitely a flagship set. Of these sets, I will not be getting any. My remaining Lego budget will be used elsewhere... Like 4 Claas tires from Bricklink...

My logical conclusions based off the video posted above: The truck uses the XL for drive, M for steering, you can see that the front wheels are at a slight angle. Maybe Lego's attempt at a trial truck? IMO, not worth buying. The price is absurd! 250 Euros is about 280 USD... :pir-murder:

The only thing I'm not liking is the fake representation of a shock absorber in the wheel well of the purple all terrain truck. If you Include such an obvious detail why not make it a function...

EDIT: Nevermind, after looking at the higher res box art, there are small 6.5 shocks, the two large pieces in front are for extra detail/display.

Edited by z3_2drive

7 minutes ago, Appie said:

OH no no no, NO!!!

5 second mark.... look at 2003, that's not the 8455 Backhoe! The backhoe of awesome pneumatic glory, thats the 8069 from 2011, the backhoe of crappy LA's. Shame on you Lego!

Good eye, someone indeed screewed up - well I guess everybody was looking at the design of that red dress anyway :devil:

8 minutes ago, Appie said:

OH no no no, NO!!!

Indeed, I spotted that too.

Also, I think that the headlight covers of the tow truck are somewhat too far out of the body. 

7 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Tow truck for whopping 250 euros :pir_wacko: ...

These prices are introductory prices. I guess the truck will cost around 180 euros.

1 minute ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Good eye, someone indeed screewed up - well I guess everybody was looking at the design of that red dress anyway :devil:

What dress? :laugh:

1 minute ago, z3_2drive said:

The only thing I'm not liking is the fake representation of a shock absorber in the wheel well of the purple all terrain truck. If you Include such an obvious detail why not make it a function...

But there is a schock absorber seen in the wheel well...I wonder if those wheel pieces are really ment for mock up springs...

A closer and slower look at the Tow Truck reveals:

- Crane swiveling through 20z gear meshing with 60z turntable.
- 6 portal wheel hubs with 8z : 24z gear reduction.
- A mini LA for deploying the back outriggers.
- Pendular suspensions for rear wheels, with 4 28z turntables. It looks cheaper than the rear suspension in the Arocs -_-
- No spring at all?!! This means there is no suspension in the front wheels.

The 42069 has a winch at the front. So it's probably like the 42029: a switch between two functions, a knob for manual rotation, and possibly power functions upgradability.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

@allanp you nailed it. But I guess that is too early to give some conclusions about 42070 and 42069, because we still have to see the functions and building experience.

Seems like the 42070 has the curved 3x13 panel  in black for mudguards, it was just available in uncommon colors as bright green, orange, purple and blue . Finally :sweet:

I think the Anniversary super car combined model would go well on my desk at work, looks about the right size to replace my Marvel mini fit display case, especially as I'm primarily a technic man and I work in the car industry.

So I'm guessing instructions online in august ? And then it'll be a brick link session !

might have to fix some of the colours though.

This partcount and the price of 42070 let me think they hide informations to avoid to fast copies from chinese copyfactorys.