4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Some point today, I'd think. Looking forward to it!

4 hours ago, evortigosa said:

Today, I hope. Waiting for!

4 hours ago, hsky said:

There is a Liveticker from zusammengebaut.com.

I think we will see the pictures there :-P

zusammengebaut.com LIVE TICKER

But it's January? I thought it started February 1st?!

3 hours ago, Emmi said:

Expect first pictures in around 3 hours from now.

3 hours ago :laugh:

42070 - 1862 pieces (XL + M motors, RC receiver and one remote). Not very Flagship-worthy if you ask me.

This is basically CLAAS level, so just maybe there is a "secret" 42071?

Edited by Huaojozu

I like these new sets, the 42069 (I think that's its number) looks cool with the purple color, also 42070 has the new blue color which will mean a lot of new MOC's coming out in that color, and dont forget the #3 red connectors on the grill.

5 minutes ago, Huaojozu said:

More pics here:

https://www.instagram.com/promobricks/

There seems to be some sort of Combine-3 thing going on for the anniversary.

Now why can't that combined set (minus the bits you don't need) be a proper set? It's a homage to an old supercar. Just what I assume a few of us would love as an Anniversary set.

1 minute ago, JimDude said:

Where is the HOG on 42070?

(It can't be remote drive due to no "steering wheel" on the remote, right?)

More interesting is lack of Servo in steered model. Anyway, 42070 side outriggers are interesting, it looks like those LBG liftarms on sides of red casing pull 1x14L rack down.

It seems like you can make a new version of the car chassis with the smaller sets together. Maybe you can make another special model with the bigger sets together? Like maybe a modern interpretation of the 8880? That would be awesome.

I like the the fire truck and the 42069, but I don't like the looks of the tow truck.

With the tow truck, I think you can switch (with the white bionic tooth on the cab) from drive mode to crane mode. So you can drive and steer or have the outriggers and crane. That would also explain the lack of a steering gear on the remote. 

Edited by tibivi

No 42067 :cry_sad:. Looks as if the fire truck is actually a improved version of the 42051. The 42069 looks like the the 42039 b model a lot. The 42070 looks bigger than in the premlins. I'm a bit disappointed but the colours 42069 and 42070 are unusual.

I'm not sure how I feel about these, the colour scheme is very odd, light blue and purple? I might get 42070 just for more Claas tires though.

P.s. did anyone else notice the 'dogbone' piece in red? (on the crane) There are some interesting colouring choices this year...

Edited by Buddy010702
typos

Looks like there are white Bionicle tooth switches on each side, perhaps they are used to switch operation modes? On the box there is a red "sticker" with text like "switch should be facing down".

I have a feeling 42070 may have some great and surprising functions!

Edited by kolbjha

5 minutes ago, tibivi said:

Maybe you can make another special model with the bigger sets together? Like maybe a modern interpretation of the 8880? That would be awesome.

That would explain all the yellow and black. 

Also, why is the 42069's box art completely different from the actual set? You would think Lego would at least update it for the toy fair.

Just now, Buddy010702 said:

P.s. did anyone else notice the 'dogbone piece in red? (on the crane) There are some interesting colouring choices this year...

On the model they're red, on the box image they're LBG :laugh:

They fulfilled my dreams this year :wub:

Rare colors, the 42051 is back, thank you TLG!

Also, looks like 42070 has a sticker with UW on the front. Would that mean that the designer is Uwe Wabra?

So this is my guess:

- Only two motors, no HOG knob, no servo => XL motor drives, M motor steers.

- There are 2 teeth on both side, so 4 gears. Since the remote control already switches the direction, those teeth switch between 4 modes, not change direction.

- There are no visible knobs at all, so all functions are motorized.

- There are at least 3 motorized functions: lifting the crane with the LA, controlling the winch (because there is a 24z clutch gear), and deploying 4 outriggers at the same time. If the side outriggers and the back one are separate then there will be 4 motorized functions.

- The playability is greatly reduced if the user has to use 2 switches into drive mode, because if the user forget 1 switch then the only 1 motor will drive / steer, the other motor will do something else with the crane or outriggers.

- There are TWO images on one direction of the sticker.

- So my bet is that, one turn of a switch control two functions at a time:
+ Drive mode: Drive (XL) + steer (m)
+ Outrigger mode: Side outriggers + back outriggers
+ Crane mode: Winch + LA
+ Final mode: Crane swivel + ????

- The drive mode and the outrigger mode will be polar opposite, i.e in the same tooth, so that the user doesn't accidentally drive and deploy outriggers at the same time.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

30 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Now why can't that combined set (minus the bits you don't need) be a proper set? It's a homage to an old supercar. Just what I assume a few of us would love as an Anniversary set.

Ill probably see about bricklinking it, buying a second 42057 doesnt faze me, and the loader might be an economic parts pack for the car chassis, but a second BMW.... nah..

Those three sets add up to €100+, im not seeing that amount of parts in the car chassis, especially since there doesnt seems to be a gearbox or anything

20 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Also, why is the 42069's box art completely different from the actual set? You would think Lego would at least update it for the toy fair.

Thankfully, the red #3 connector is the same on both!

12 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

- So my bet is that, one turn of a switch control two functions at a time:
+ Drive mode: Drive (XL) + steer (m)
+ Outrigger mode: Side outriggers + back outriggers
+ Crane mode: Winch + LA
+ Final mode: Crane swivel + ????

One of the bionical triggers switches between CRANE- and DRIVE-functions:

1. DRIVE functions are:
    • XL Motor drives (controlled maybe by the left lever on the remote control)
    • M-Motor steers (controlled maybe by the right lever on the remote control)
  2. CRANE functions are:
    • Winch (controlled maybe by the left lever on the remote control)
    • the other bionical trigger switches between ...
      • LA for liftig the boom and
      • outtrigger function (all 4 will work at the same time)
      • both funtions a maybe controlled by the right lever of the remote control

Just my 2 cents....

Edited by tripletschiee

2 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

Thankfully, the red #3 connector is the same on both!

Yes, but I was talking about the tracked set. :wink: But the 42070 set and box are the same, as you said.