8 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don't have any official information on the 31st. And we've already discussed the 42067 for several pages.

Oh, have we ... seems like I completely missed it then. Zusammengebaut.com will be live-tickering from the LEGO press conference on January 31st and will post images from all new sets afterwards, according to their website. Looking forward to it a lot.

@Jim Hm ... nope, I haven't found anything about set 42067?Am I missing something, can you link to the post?

Edited by Emmi

12 hours ago, Emmi said:

Oh, have we ... seems like I completely missed it then. Zusammengebaut.com will be live-tickering from the LEGO press conference on January 31st and will post images from all new sets afterwards, according to their website. Looking forward to it a lot.

@Jim Hm ... nope, I haven't found anything about set 42067?Am I missing something, can you link to the post?

We had small discussion about 42067 set on January 18th on page 65. Please try this

I've just checked, and have been sorely disappointed to find no information out of London Toy Fair, from any source. But, oh well, we've already had that discussion, no use beating that dead horse again. Now, the Nuremburg fair starts on Feb.1, so we may see some good stuff that day. I don't think Lego's press conference or whatever is going to be anything other than the standard reheated PR department junk most of those things are anyways. Why would Lego bother showing off new stuff there,if they didn't want anyone to see it at London?

As an aside, my dad and I had a little discussion about the lack of information out of London. He thinks that Lego is doing it to punish a leaker, I think it's one of the license holders (probably Disney), who demanded the secrecy. Now, that may seem odd, but there have been some bootleg Lego Star Wars sets, and Disney is infamously protective of their IP.

I guess many of these (primarily?) Chinese copycats copy everything they can get their eyes on, so to hold them off at least for a while, the secrecy is kinda positive.

I'm looking forward to news from Nuremberg next week.

Imagine this:

"This is our absolute focus this year, the Air Race Jet. It already has a number of motorized and manual functions. It's the biggest Technic model we've ever launched this year, with over 1000 parts!"

1 hour ago, Error404 said:

I guess many of these (primarily?) Chinese copycats copy everything they can get their eyes on, so to hold them off at least for a while, the secrecy is kinda positive.

I'm looking forward to news from Nuremberg next week.

Perhaps LEGO is concerned with the copycats working off leaked images and getting the copied versions out to market before LEGO can hit the store shelves. I think as the copycats get more experienced and skilled, the time takes to produce a bootleg will be shorter.

I'd say otherwise. One knockoff maker who shall go unnamed makes basically identical bootlegs, which could not be done from photos alone. (Well, prelims anyway.) Also, putting off photography for a week for something that is six months down the pipeline is not helpful. But, this discussion is academic. Lego has their reasons, and we don't know them. And, speculating reasons will not get us any info any faster.

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

I'd say otherwise. One knockoff maker who shall go unnamed makes basically identical bootlegs, which could not be done from photos alone. (Well, prelims anyway.) Also, putting off photography for a week for something that is six months down the pipeline is not helpful. But, this discussion is academic. Lego has their reasons, and we don't know them. And, speculating reasons will not get us any info any faster.

Amen. Well spoken. Great summary to close this discussion :thumbup:

Let's get back on topic again.

So, Jim, did you get those tickets to the toy fair given away? Or is that not for the Nuremburg fair? Anyway, I think it starts on the 1st of Feb. which is 3 days from now, or Wednesday. I'm kind of curious, is there any news about who is going, so I know where to look? As in, which blogs are sending people? And then, after that, I think the New York toy fair starts on the 4th. Not much longer, although that's what was said before London.:hmpf_bad:

7 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

So, Jim, did you get those tickets to the toy fair given away? Or is that not for the Nuremburg fair? Anyway, I think it starts on the 1st of Feb. which is 3 days from now, or Wednesday. I'm kind of curious, is there any news about who is going, so I know where to look? As in, which blogs are sending people? And then, after that, I think the New York toy fair starts on the 4th. Not much longer, although that's what was said before London.:hmpf_bad:

Nope. There was no interest. It's a real shame, because it seems like an awesome event. But the 7 hour drive and night a hotel simply takes too much of my time next week :hmpf_bad:

Zusammengebaut will be broadcasting the press release and he (Nathan) will be taking pictures for sure.

We can expect to see first pictures from the 2H Technic sets tomorrow evening. I'd say in around 30 hours from now.

2 hours ago, Emmi said:

We can expect to see first pictures from the 2H Technic sets tomorrow evening. I'd say in around 30 hours from now.

Can't wait! :sweet: Looking forward to the tow truck.

As far as I know only purchasers were allowed into the lego stand, no press or anything which is why there was no interest in going. Who wants to travel to London just to see the outside walls of a lego stand?

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Can't wait! :sweet: Looking forward to the tow truck.

Me too, my second christmas.Its like unwrapping gifts .:laugh:

1 minute ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Do cranes in tow trucks swivel?

Not all, but there are some that do.

1 hour ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

What I'm looking forward to (apart from all the pictures) is the 42070 demonstration video, to see what it actually does. 

Is that also coming this week?

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Yes, some of them swivel:

That truck is so cool! I'm even more pumped for 42070 now. From what I remember of the erstwhile prelim image, it does have outriggers and the crane did look like it did more than raising and lowering.

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image from previous post.