so we have the set names?

42068: Fire Rescue Vehicle

42069: Extreme Adventure ???

42070: 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck (flagship 2017)

Edit: whoops, just seen that I'm late and that the list has already been posted. Sorry :blush:

Edited by Emmi

OH MY GOD for two reasons:

- Kind members already sent me the image through inbox.
- It looks even more heinous than 42008.

I'm getting on the nopetrain to the nopeville.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Not sure if I like it yet. I like the 6 claas tires on yellow rims. It appears to have good suspension. I also like the military-esque shape of the truck. But the colour (medium blue?) really doesn't suit that shape. Black, dark blue or white with a regular blue crane and stabilizers would have been much better. The crane itself uses an LA ( BOOOOO! ) to raise and lower, and I think it can rotate, but that's about it. Doesn't appear to be telescopic from what I can see. Also looks kinda wimpy, but then it will probably go through a redesign yet. Maybe there are some hidden secrets, like a fantastically authentic drive train with a lot of new parts like stronger diff based on the 36t double bevel gear and planetary gear reduction wheels and so on which will enable this behemoth to crawl over obstacles all day long.

Or then again maybe not.  It'll probably just have the same old wimpy 28t diff and unimog portal axles shifting the steering pivot way outside the wheels. Time will tell.

Edited by allanp

13 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

- It looks even more heinous than 42008.

It's a matter of taste, I guess. I like the 42008's design (only the tyres are too small, decently-sized tyres would only appear the following year) and I like this one's rugged design.

ai... is it that bad... ?.. are we sure 42070 is the flagship model or will there be more? at least 42070 sounds good as a partspack ?

It looks like 42070 is functionally more in line with 9398 than with 42008. 9398 was not very attractive but was build around the PF driveline. I wonder if the same is happening with 42070.

Edited by Thirdwigg
Typo

Im interested what functions will use remote controlled.Only driving and steering will be bummer, but completely motorized will be something else.

I rather want motorized crane and outriggers rather than driving and steering, this will be IMO same fiasco like 9398.

Judging by the usage of 6 Claas tires this should be quite an enormous set in size. Also I really really like how they handled the headlights - very clever use of this transparent part :) The crane arm seems a bit 'meager' - it doesnt look on par with the rest of the vehicle. Not sure about the color scheme - and I don't like the usage of stickers (as always).

1 minute ago, Ondra said:

Im interested what functions will use remote controlled.Only driving and steering will be bummer, but completely motorized will be something else.

I rather want motorized crane and outriggers rather than driving and steering, this will be IMO same fiasco like 9398.

It seems to me that the crane and the outriggers will be remote controlled only (which would be a great thing) - otherwise something is missing from the image :wink:

I also hope that driving and steering is ONLY manually! As you said, remote controlled driving + steering will be a fiasco.

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Not sure if I like it yet. I like the 6 claas tires on yellow rims. It appears to have good suspension. I also like the military-esque shape of the truck. But the colour (medium blue?) really doesn't suit that shape. Black, dark blue or white with a regular blue crane and stabilizers would have been much better. The crane itself uses an LA ( BOOOOO! ) to raise and lower, and I think it can rotate, but that's about it. Doesn't appear to be telescopic from what I can see. Also looks kinda wimpy, but then it will probably go through a redesign yet. Maybe there are some hidden secrets, like a fantastically authentic drive train with a lot of new parts like stronger diff based on the 36t double bevel gear and planetary gear reduction wheels and so on which will enable this behemoth to crawl over obstacles all day long.

*video*

Or then again maybe not.  It'll probably just have the same old wimpy 28t diff and unimog portal axles shifting the steering pivot way outside the wheels. Time will tell.

I don't mean to be a party pooper but where do you see the 36T differential? I don't see it, also it seems to use portal hubs not a planetary hub.

2 minutes ago, JJ2 said:

I don't mean to be a party pooper but where do you see the 36T differential? I don't see it, also it seems to use portal hubs not a planetary hub.

I don't see it. My point was that it COULD have that cool stuff, or it could be just the same old wimpy 28t diff and unimog portal axles, like the unrealistic 9398 axles. The more I look at it the more I think that's what it'll be, which is a shame. 

Can we still see the picture somewhere ? It seems it had disappeared from internet :look:

Edited by Charbel

Can someone please upload to imgur or r/legoleaks or anywhere? Otherwise the thread will just be filled with the same post over and over.

I only hope, that extreme adventure is better.I like this truck at first sight, but at second looks like wannabe honking truck with unecessary Remote controlled such as 9398, which is in my opinion worst technic set in this millenium.

Some say, that Adventurer is mix of Arctic vehicle and Land Rover..
6599417241_92028d552f_b.jpg

But also with crazy colours purple and yellow.

7 minutes ago, Ondra said:

9398, which is in my opinion worst technic set in this millenium.

Sheesh, aren't we exaggerating a little? Worse than even 8433, or the polybags? :hmpf_bad:

1 minute ago, AVCampos said:

Sheesh, aren't we exaggerating a little? Worse than even 8433, or the polybags? :hmpf_bad:

For its price 9398 is nothing more than big pileup of technic bricks, that even doesnt work like true crawler.Its wobbly, without traction, differentials are madness.

8433 and polybags are great if they works.