15 minutes ago, Wiseman_2 said:

42070 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck

Hmmm, seems like an interesting model, probably features large wheels.

My Opinion:

42068- Someone said earlier that the 42051 Airport Rescue Vehicle, which was canceled, my be released in 2H 2017. So I think this set could possibly be 42051, an updated 42051, or a whole new set. 

42067- I think that the name is supposed to be something like Extreme Adventure Vehicle. If this was correct, I would think that it would be something like a modified Land Rover, such as this:  Image result for land rover defender

42070- Sounds awesome, hopefully It will be like the 8285 Tow Truck from 2006. I hope that it will be remote controlled, based on previous years. r/c 2012 & 2014, only PF 2013 & 2015.

We'll just have to wait and see!  

EDIT: Just saw @JGW3000's post, and I hadn't even thought of 42067.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Does anyone know where this info has come from?

I think all of these sets individually could be cool, but I think (hope) we are missing something here - I'm not being bowled over with the 40th anniversary show stoping list or mega set I was expecting yet....

1 hour ago, Wiseman_2 said:

Summer set names have been listed on Brickset:

42068 Fire Rescue Vehicle

42069 Extreme Adventure

42070 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck

I don't know what an "All Terrain tow truck" is, and neither does google. :p. So perhaps it a high-concept vehicle, like they used to design in the old days. 8446 is a futuristic 6 wheel all Terrain crane, one of my favorites. 

Edited by Miscman

Where is 42067? All of these sets sound cool, but nothing sounds particularly special for 40th anniversary. Also, I think it's a shame that Lego hasn't done a type of design, or really any type of Technic contest. Or maybe that happens later this year. Anyway, that's not for this topic.

Speculation:

42067: I don't know why this number was skipped, but that happened earlier with the 1H listing. I'm not sure if it's going to be a Wave 1.5 set, released around March, or a 2H set. Either way, I think it would be a forklift, like 855, but updated, and yellow. Now, yellow is a rare color, and white is overused.

42068: This is probably either 42051, or something similar. I'm just wondering why such a thing wouldn't be released last year, only to be released now. I'd say that 42051 looked okay, but Lego can do so much better, and I hope they've done so.

42069: I don't know, this might be some kind of Dakar style vehicle, a rock crawler, or maybe some kind of buggy. The name is just too vague. Red would be a nice color for it, though. I'd say I'd prefer that this set be the RC one, a tow truck just has too many functions for Lego to make in a set at a price that people wouldn't balk at. Then, this set could be something with drive, steer, adjustable suspension, and winch. For something that would be the same slot as 42054, I hope they do something special, rather than something like 42029, where it has standard suspension, and a splitter gearbox with 2 functions. Sadly, my hopes aren't high for this set.

42070: Well, this is unprecedented. If the name is accurate, it would be the first Lego set with 6x6 drive, ever. I'm not holding my breath, though. *cough* every set that has 4x4 in the name that is not actually 4x4*cough* Also interestingly, 6x6 tow trucks do exist, contrary to what Miscman says, but they are almost always military vehicles, although I have seen some civilian ones, that are ex military. Looks like Lego is know doing some pseudo military vehicles, but in civilian colors. I'd say making this flagship RC is rather unlikely, unless Lego can do some price voodoo and make it cost only a bit more than a non PF set. I'm hoping for something gray, as that's a nice, neutral color that is underrepresented in sets. We also don't have many panels in gray. I'm also kind of hoping that the name is wrong, needs more wheels.:devil:

50 minutes ago, Miscman said:

I don't know what an "All Terrain tow truck" is, and neither does google. :p

8273-B:

d4e4o5g414u3y404s2e4n2b4y584p23334w20403

I feel a bit meh at the 6x6 Tow Trucks. Doesn't sound like a worthy successor to the BWE. Assuming it's not RC, I think  the functions it can have are:

- Winch
- Outtriggers
- Boom extension
- Superstructure rotation
- All wheel drive
- All wheel steer
- Suspension

I don't know. I'm not really fond of recent attempts at Tow Truck by TLG, like that heinous 42008.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

1 hour ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I feel a bit meh at the 6x6 Tow Trucks. Doesn't sound like a worthy successor to the BWE. Assuming it's not RC, I think  the functions it can have are:

- Winch
- Outtriggers
- Boom extension
- All wheel drive
- All wheel steer
- Suspension

I don't know. I'm not really fond of recent attempts at Tow Truck by TLG, like that heinous 42008.

You're forgetting a number of functions. You'd probably also have a deployable and lifting tow bar, which could also be extensible, and lifting of boom. I'd say that would be a good flagship, especially if it was mostly pneumatic. The BWE didn't have many functions, but it was a good flagship by virtue of size and building techniques. So, if you can't go by size, be about building techniques and functions, really show what Technic can do. However, I to am not as excited about the tow truck. I mean, it would be a good flagship, but the 40th anniversary needs a legendary flagship. But, this list could be wrong, or we could find out that it is legendary at the toy fairs. but, I think 6x6 is actually too small.:classic: 8x8 or go home!

Also, 42008 isn't a bad set, it is quite functional. but, the looks are lacking, I'll agree.

Although, can you imagine a 6x6 truck with 6 42054 wheels? That would be huge. Even with Unimog tires, it would be large.

If it's not RC and use Unimog / Xerion tyres, it'd be quite big. Then it's likely to have multi-directional gear box instead of multi-functional one. I think TLG can improve its appeal by covering it in tan panels.

And it feels rather meh that after an awesome year of 3 licensed sets, a never-done-before flagship, and some awesome B models that compel me to buy additional sets just for them (L30G, Aggregate Processing Plant), we end up with a year with 1 small licensed set and truck + truck + truck for the 2H.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

I like offroad vehicle a lot, so this sounds great.CM4Sci say that there are two trucks one with threads on each wheel.This is probably adventure vehicle.

6x6 all terain tow truck vehicle sounds like worthy succesor of Unimog.

so cars only, it looks like. hm..

42068 - cool

42069 - I guess some military inspired vehicle (labeled as "jungle expedition/desert exploration" - so we do not think it is military inspired) - I guess semi tracked vehicle , wheels in the front, tracks in the back

42070 - "if in doubt, put a crane on it." However I would wished for (but probably will not be true) heavy duty 6x6 with low trailer you can put 42042,42030 or Class on it.

all in all, I am very curious about colour schemes and pictures when they arrrive.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Color scheme might be purple and yellow. This might be a rather odd fellow.

Odd fellows are the best fellow. I would like that. :classic:

Edited by J_C

13 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

- Winch
- Outtriggers
- Boom extension
- All wheel drive
- All wheel steer
- Suspension

You might think otherwise when you see it.

I usually don't mingle in this discussion, but since the set names are available I will tell you what I think :wink: 

• It might be a 6 wheeled truck with Claas tires and with some RC. Probably not  for driving and steering. Most likely for the outriggers and crane.
  • It might have outriggers, boom, winch, suspension (pendular).
  • It might have all wheel drive. I doubt it has all wheel steering.
  • It might be light blue with red elements.

The tracked vehicle (Extreme Adventure) might be the love child of the Arctic vehicle and a Land Rover. Color scheme might be purple and yellow. This might be a rather odd fellow.

This is what I think it might be, so don't judge me when I'm wrong. I don't have any pictures, so please don't PM.

As far as I recall it's hard to push the Arctic Truck around on flat surfaces, so if the Extreme Adventure turns out to be tracked wouldn't it make more sense for the Extreme Adventure to be RC rather then the Tow Truck

1 minute ago, nguyengiangoc said:

As far as I recall it's hard to push the Arctic Truck around on flat surfaces, so if the Extreme Adventure turns out to be tracked wouldn't it make more sense for the Extreme Adventure to be RC rather then the Tow Truck

It wasn't quite easy to push it around flat surfaces....that was exactly the problem :laugh:
(I know what you mean, it just slides)

I instantly wanted something with Claas tires other than tractor but 6X6 truck sounds more than awesome!

I dont think these sets will be motorized, it will be hard to motorize 6X6 with Claas tires.Its even hard for RC components nor lego power functions(And that battery consuming for such a big vehicle.)

not sure what to think yet, but 6x6 vehicle sounds promising. im sure 2017 will be a worthy follow up of the 2016 line up, so looking forward to more details. 

4 hours ago, Ondra said:

CM4Sci say that there are two trucks one with threads on each wheel.This is probably adventure vehicle.

Just out of interest where/when did he say this?

Guys, could the 6x6 all-terain vehicle be the new licensed supercar? If you think about it, it does make sense for the new model to not be a porsche-like supercar so soon after the Porsche. My wild guess is G-class with normal 4x4 longbase as B-model: (yes, I'm kinda overexited)

mercedes-g63-amg-6x6-GAL_2_.jpg

mercedes-benz-g-63-amg-6x6-15.jpg

Edited by thunderl

MB Zetros, with a wrecker body?  Maybe a rotator?

Zetros for reference (not a wrecker)

autowp.ru_mercedes-benz_zetros_2733_6.jp

Won't be this, but here's a 6x6 Unimog wrecker eh?

c119ddc6ac90b7bed843e565129fcdac.jpg

1 hour ago, tgrbailey said:

Just out of interest where/when did he say this?

On page 13, this topic.

Why need to be now every set licensed?Im happy that we going to see some unlicensed trucks.Let the imagination flown!

Just now, Ondra said:

Why need to be now every set licensed?Im happy that we going to see some unlicensed trucks.Let the imagination flown!

I agree. I like licenced set here and there occasionally, but I do not want that as norm. LEGO is powerful enough brand on its own. LEGO does not need to just remodel existing stuff. It is not Technic issue, but to me, recently, it almost look like LEGO wants to be merchandising service for anything Disney will pop-up. 

I hope that one of the vehicles has claas tyres, but than a bit smaller than the tyres on the xerion.
This way it's possible to build other tractors than with four equal sizes tyres.