I think it's more likely that the upcoming flagship(s) to be within 2600 - 3000 pieces, because that's the range of the 3 biggest next sets (Arocs, Porsche, Mobile Crane). In fact, if you exclude the mining truck and the rock pieces, the BWE set only has 3500 pieces. As the designers said, piece count or size isn't the metric that they try to or have to surpass or something. If the model warrants a huge piece count then it will have a huge piece count; otherwise it won't. And since BWE is the already biggest type of machine on land, I would hardly expect anything to top it, except perhaps a combination set of crawler transporter + rocket boosters + space shuttle. That would probably be worthy for a flagship.

15 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I would hardly expect anything to top it, except perhaps a combination set of crawler transporter + rocket boosters + space shuttle. That would probably be worthy for a flagship.

If it was to the same scale as 8480 then that would be big :wink:

On 1/3/2017 at 5:01 PM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I haven't heard of mass-produced sets not being released in certain countries in the past couple years...

I've got a Marina Bay Sands on my shelf that was only sold in Asia in 2015.

It does happen, just not often. 

I think theTelehandler was one of the sets my local LEGO store had before Christmas. 

Edited by rollermonkey

5 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I think it's more likely that the upcoming flagship(s) to be within 2600 - 3000 pieces, because that's the range of the 3 biggest next sets (Arocs, Porsche, Mobile Crane). In fact, if you exclude the mining truck and the rock pieces, the BWE set only has 3500 pieces. As the designers said, piece count or size isn't the metric that they try to or have to surpass or something. If the model warrants a huge piece count then it will have a huge piece count; otherwise it won't. And since BWE is the already biggest type of machine on land, I would hardly expect anything to top it, except perhaps a combination set of crawler transporter + rocket boosters + space shuttle. That would probably be worthy for a flagship.

Yeah. I don't think we're going to get any bigger than the BWE anytime soon in terms of part count; it's just not practical from any perspective. Plus, the Mobile Crane preceded a flagship (Volvo loader) that had roughly 900 less parts.

For a while it's been nice complex set followed by not so great (IMHO) RC set with zero mechanical authenticity! But last two years we were lucky enough to get two nicely complex sets in a row (ok, so the BWE wasn't exactly mechanically authentic but at least it had some complexity and good new parts). So will the 2017 flagship be an RC abomination of mechanical dullness (cough crawler cough front loader cough), or has the RC set for the year taken it's rightful place in the first half in the form of the tracked racer? Or, will they finally for the first time ever combine RC functionality with mechanical authenticity? 

Edited by allanp

26 minutes ago, allanp said:

For a while it's been nice complex set followed by not so great (IMHO) RC set with zero mechanical authenticity! But last two years we were lucky enough to get two nicely complex sets in a row (ok, so the BWE wasn't exactly mechanically authentic but at least it had some complexity and good new parts). So will the 2017 flagship be an RC abomination of mechanical dullness (cough crawler cough front loader cough), or has the RC set for the year taken it's rightful place in the first half in the form of the tracked racer? Or, will they finally for the first time ever combine RC functionality with mechanical authenticity? 

Time will tell.

I don't think they will do two RC sets in one year, considering 2014 had one, 2015 had zero and 2016 had zero. Sure, they can break the pattern, but I'm thinking 1) construction equipment (flagship), 2) supercar (next not-Porsche), 3) something super unusual (e.g. 42038). We already got a ship, a plane and a bike in 1H, so there isn't much left without dedicating precious shelf space to sets that would appeal to similar audiences.

9 hours ago, allanp said:

The Volvo was not dull. It had all wheel drive pus a 6 cylinder engine and rear pendulum suspension just like a real wheel loader.

I have the option to go to the Nuremberg Toy Fair, but I'm not really sure. Conversation in the pub:

1 hour ago, Alegomind said:

I've already said last year.. I hope for a Lego technic train =)

And last year I have probably said that this is not a wish topic :laugh:

Just a few more weeks guys. Be patient.

19 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Supercar? Where did you hear about that?

He didn't :wink:

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I have the option to go to the Nuremberg Toy Fair, but I'm not really sure. Conversation in the pub:

Could be fun....i've never been to a toy convention, bring a camera and do a video...get an interview with the Technic guys of they are there.

I'm looking at building the Tracked Racer from all my bits I already have. I don't think I have the 2 small pipes, 6145214. Anyone know what other code numbers this goes by as I can't find it on bricklink ?

4 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I'm looking at building the Tracked Racer from all my bits I already have. I don't think I have the 2 small pipes, 6145214. Anyone know what other code numbers this goes by as I can't find it on bricklink ?

Is that the lightsaber part?

This one?

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30374#T=S&O={}

13 minutes ago, Seasider said:

It looks like someone's engineer skils emerged...

Now I see that Jim had similar guess...

:wink:

Edited by I_Igor

23 minutes ago, Jim said:

Thanks Jim.

time to do a small bricklink order this afternoon.

hoping that H2 has some sets I actually want to buy as I've avoided purchasing all the H1 sets, but feel I need to buy something at some point for the anniversary.

On 1/3/2017 at 5:50 AM, Boulderer said:

Would you care to provide a clue as to where "here" is?  :look:

In the USA..sorry I had that in the original post but that part disappeared when it was merged into this thread. 

1 hour ago, atomic80 said:

In the USA..sorry I had that in the original post but that part disappeared when it was merged into this thread. 

Sorry about that :laugh:

list (name+prices) of H2 for StarWars and City sets surfaced (some dutch shop listed those-source: brickset+some clicking), I guess Technic names and prices are not far behind.

I expect this:
24.1. - London Toy Fair - only descriptions (prohibition photoshoot )
2.1. - Nuremberg Toy Fair - Photos

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

Link or it did not happen.

look at e.g. Town section of EB. "townpeople" already discuss names and prices.

9 hours ago, Dyen said:

I expect this:
24.1. - London Toy Fair - only descriptions (prohibition photoshoot )
2.1. - Nuremberg Toy Fair - Photos

Or just follow 

http://zusammengebaut.com

:grin:

Andres (Zusammengebaut) will most likely be there on Wednesday, so he will have the first pictures of the new models. I was hoping to meet him there, but Wednesday will be difficult for me.

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Andres (Zusammengebaut) will most likely be there on Wednesday, so he will have the first pictures of the new models. I was hoping to meet him there, but Wednesday will be difficult for me.

Things will happen when time is right. No need to worry about that, you'll meet Andres when it will be possible and precios info about 2H sets will be in time.

:wink:

Nurmberg toy fair is not far away, so relax fellow eurobrickers and enjoy snow-business.

:grin: