Got posted an hour ago!

EDIT: just watched the features demo, the rudders are only controlled by the black gear on the back, the elevons (or whatever) just pitch down for VTOL mode, nothing else, as a plus, VTOL mode has a motor driven fan in the hatch just behind the cockpit (as will the F35B), the black gear behind the cockpit steers the nose gear.

All in all im a bit disappointed, it doesnt look quite right in terms of wings, the control surfaces are almost rudimentary, and from an air race jet perspective, the VTOL mode makes little sense, its like the bastard child of an F35B, F18/F104 (for the wings), neutered of anything resembling military purpose, with a rather basic feature set. Last years fire plane had far better control surfaces.

Edited by vectormatic

Just as I expected, the building techniques using linkage in this set is insane! And it uses quite a number of unconventional structures too. Pretty much like the Xerion, and its brilliant linkage steering system.

Agree with you, @nguyengiangoc, the building experience looks pretty good and complex. Also there are some crazy use of pieces. Even I had to go back in the video to watch again some structures. Beside that,  the jet is beautiful! Here we can see why Milan said in the interview that Markus Kossman is an expert building aircrafts 

It also makes me wonder what was thinking TLG to approve the final design of 42025 :sceptic:

Are there any rumors yet on the second half sets???

I am hoping on tires fitting on front wheels for tractors, to use with the new 42054 tires.

Could you tell me in which interview Milan said that? :) and can you post the link? 

21 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

Are there any rumors yet on the second half sets???

I am hoping on tires fitting on front wheels for tractors, to use with the new 42054 tires.

That is what I have in mind last several months, but if I may say that since LEGO and CLAAS have cooperation and there is new CLAAS Jaguar 980 on the market so they (LEGO) could make a smaller model with 94mm at the front and 81mm at rear.

And now visualize Jim's angry face - this is no wishlist topic, please concentrate on info we know about 2017 sets...

...something like this - :angry:

Edited by I_Igor

1 hour ago, Jonfensu said:

Agree with you, @nguyengiangoc, the building experience looks pretty good and complex. Also there are some crazy use of pieces. Even I had to go back in the video to watch again some structures. Beside that,  the jet is beautiful! Here we can see why Milan said in the interview that Markus Kossman is an expert building aircrafts 

It also makes me wonder what was thinking TLG to approve the final design of 42025 :sceptic:

IMO 42025 is great set. it has double motorized functions compare to jet. 42025 has, apart from rudder, complete flight controls. This has only rudders. all other flight controls are omitted. 

Hmmm, I have ambivalent feelings regarding the 42066. In my opinion it looks really cool assembled, but after watching the building video several times, it still looks like a mess for me from the inside.

Despite some interesting implemented connections, it looks overengineered. I can't get out the thought from my head, that these functions could have been solved in a more elegant and clean way. The internal mechanism units don't appear as an unified whole thing, not an eye-catcher.  At least different linkages should have been color coded, for easier distinction. Not my cup of tea.

Waiting patiently for the 2H sets. :classic:

3 hours ago, J_C said:

IMO 42025 is great set. it has double motorized functions compare to jet. 42025 has, apart from rudder, complete flight controls. This has only rudders. all other flight controls are omitted. 

The model itself is not bad. It has more functions and many useful white pieces, that's right. The problem is basically the inconsistent design with those big holes and exposed gears on the middle. Exposed gears in a model is not bad thing , just in 42025 this is not so well executed IMO 

So, this is surprising, there is absolutely no information on the 2H sets, when in years past there has been information at least by mid December. I'm hoping that Lego has something mind blowing under wraps to make this wait worthwhile. As an aside, does anyone know if there are any toy fairs between now and Feb.? I know the Nuremburg one is Feb. 1st, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any ones that happen sooner.

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

So, this is surprising, there is absolutely no information on the 2H sets, when in years past there has been information at least by mid December. 

Are you really surprised that TLG wants to keep their products under wraps for as long as possible? The knockoff brands have been much quicker recently in copying the new (and older) sets. They're even stealing Power Functions elements now.  I'm pretty sure that TLG would love to have the amount of control over leaks that Apple had in the Steve Jobs era.  As anxious as I am to see the 2H sets, I'm Ok waiting a little bit if it makes life more difficult for the knockoff brands. 

10 hours ago, Jonfensu said:

I think 42025 is designed under the old trend, which consists of exposed gears and axles doesn't put much emphasis on clean surfaces. 2014 is the last year under that trend I think.

1 hour ago, BusterHaus said:

Are you really surprised that TLG wants to keep their products under wraps for as long as possible? The knockoff brands have been much quicker recently in copying the new (and older) sets. They're even stealing Power Functions elements now.  I'm pretty sure that TLG would love to have the amount of control over leaks that Apple had in the Steve Jobs era.  As anxious as I am to see the 2H sets, I'm Ok waiting a little bit if it makes life more difficult for the knockoff brands. 

No, I'm just a little bit surprised they managed to do so. But, I think there is a line between having good security, and getting the hype train rolling. But, with the bootleg Porsches, maybe Lego went for more security. On the other hand, I don't think anybody buys the knockoffs, but IIRC, Lego is trying to do more stuff in the Chinese market, which is where most of the bootlegs are probably bought. That's a problem lots of companies have, not just Lego. But, that's an issue far larger than this thread. I'll leave it at that. Also, Apple didn't do no leaks. They were just careful to do it in such a way as to whip the fans into a frenzy without tipping their hand to competitors.

12 hours ago, Dyen said:

Could you tell me in which interview Milan said that? :) and can you post the link? 

Milan didn't exactly say that Markus is an expert in designing aircraft. He said he, Markus, and Lars (designer for 42025 and 42057) are the plane geeks among the Technic designers, in the interview with Sariel and Fernando. You can find the video on Sariel's page.

10 hours ago, agrof said:

Despite some interesting implemented connections, it looks overengineered. I can't get out the thought from my head, that these functions could have been solved in a more elegant and clean way.

I don't think the VTOL function can be made in a more elegant and clean way, because there are 6 different parts moving simultaneously: upper door, lower doors, elevators, nozzle, nozzle cover, and fans, and because there is a huge gap in the middle for the battery box. It could have been done more elegantly with gears instead of linkage if the middle part wasn't taken, but transmission by linkage takes up significantly less space.

I've always expected the set to use linkage because of the small inside space.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Ok, most of the PDF instructions for the H1 2017 sets are online. Incl. the Air Race Jet Model A and Tracked Racer Model A.

Edited by Rolando

17 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

February.

Thank you so we will wait then :) :) 

Edited by AOW

They is the London Toy Fair @ Olympia later this month, but is my memory serves me correctly there isn't any 2H stuff there from Lego, although didn't they have the Porsche in disguise or something last year?

1 hour ago, tgrbailey said:

They is the London Toy Fair @ Olympia later this month, but is my memory serves me correctly there isn't any 2H stuff there from Lego, although didn't they have the Porsche in disguise or something last year?

There ARE 2H sets but nobody can make pictures on this Toy Fair. So we have just descriptions.

On ‎1‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 8:10 PM, I_Igor said:

That is what I have in mind last several months, but if I may say that since LEGO and CLAAS have cooperation and there is new CLAAS Jaguar 980 on the market so they (LEGO) could make a smaller model with 94mm at the front and 81mm at rear.

And now visualize Jim's angry face - this is no wishlist topic, please concentrate on info we know about 2017 sets...

...something like this - :angry:

Well, I don't really have a wishlist off sets, I am collecting parts for the P.F. Backhoe V2 from Jurgen Krooshoop, TLG finally came up with the right tires for the back wheels (hate the P.P. wheels), but hasn't come up with matching front tires. So I am waiting on those. It's not a wish, it's a must!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dafgek81 said:

Well, I don't really have a wishlist off sets, I am collecting parts for the P.F. Backhoe V2 from Jurgen Krooshoop, TLG finally came up with the right tires for the back wheels (hate the P.P. wheels), but hasn't come up with matching front tires. So I am waiting on those. It's not a wish, it's a must!!!!!

I understand you completely because I wait to see which other tractor tires will be released to determine which scale will be for my models. Example if Xerion tires will be biggest tractor tires then 1:18 scale will be best for something that I plan long ago (also powerpuller tires are useless for this project withouth stretching and have wrong tread pattern), but smallest unimog that I managed to make is 1:16 scale (with propper portal axles and suspension like on real mog) and I want to make propper Unimog to fit the scale. That would be a real headscratcher...

:wink:

Edited by I_Igor

@Builder1991, thanks for posting this. Please provide some more info when posting, instead of just a link, People like to know where it would take them.