1 minute ago, M_longer said:

There's a "speculation" and "2017" in the topic, so I am sharing my thoughts about Flagship for 2017.

That's not sharing your thoughts, nor is it speculation. So please refrain form turning this into a "I'd love to see this model" topic.

To make this even more clear, I have changed the topic title. From now on this is a Set Discussion topic. Speculation leaves too much room for wish list derailing.

17 minutes ago, Jim said:

That's not sharing your thoughts, nor is it speculation. So please refrain form turning this into a "I'd love to see this model" topic.

To make this even more clear, I have changed the topic title. From now on this is a Set Discussion topic. Speculation leaves too much room for wish list derailing.

Ok, noted :)

Does anyone know when Sariel is going to release his reviews for new Technic sets? Will it be at December 1st again?

3 minutes ago, Tomik said:

Does anyone know when Sariel is going to release his reviews for new Technic sets? Will it be at December 1st again?

Probably not, since the sets haven't been shipped yet, or are in the process of being shipped. So I reckon it will be later than the 1st of December.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Probably not, since the sets haven't been shipped yet, or are in the process of being shipped. So I reckon it will be later than the 1st of December.

Jang (and others) have already found the smaller sets in stores, so im anxiously waiting for the first 42057 reviews to pop up, but nothing so far.

Lots of the new sets are listed on UK s@h now!

i notice they're available 20th December, tight for Christmas Day or what!

The jet, ocean explorer and container transport look great, I just can't help thinking they could have made more of the telehandler - but there all on my Christmas list now :-)

Edited by tgrbailey
Update

5 minutes ago, tgrbailey said:

Lots of the new sets are listed on UK s@h now!

But as I see they are only "coming soon" on Jan 1 2017. In the US you can already buy some of them.

It's confirmed that in the Jet, there is a VTOL function with motorized nozzle, upper doors, lower doors, and spinning fans.

Stickers for the upper control say FLIGHT and VTOL.

42066_alt2.jpg

And for the motorized wheel retraction, the wheels don't actually retract all the way up onto the body. They just fold up about 45 degrees, which is kinda meh to me :sceptic:

Edited by nguyengiangoc

2 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

r the motorized wheel retraction, the wheels don't actually retract all the way up onto the body. They just fold up about 45 degrees, which is kinda meh to me :sceptic:

It wouldn't be the first jet to have partially retracting gear - the Fairchild A10 is a great example. Granted, it doesn't have the probably speed of this one... :laugh:

On 11/29/2016 at 3:11 PM, Jim said:

Thanks Jim!

Interesting to find out the way the blades/engine are driven, although im not a huge fan of the mechanism used (the tan gears on the bottom)

Ill pick one up first chance i get!

Whats happened to the 42065? Theres no 'coming soon' place holder for this set. It's probably top of my wishlist, reminds me of an RC when I was a boy. 

On 22/11/2016 at 10:50 PM, Paul Boratko said:

My Toys R Us has some of the 2017 sets on their shelves already..

c100.jpg

JANGBRICKS bought the four sets seen above, reviews are due soon....though not posted yet as he has been reviewing the City and Creator 2017 stuff first. some of the 2017 sets are in stock

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/TECHNIC-ByTheme?S1=&callback=json&cc=us&count=18&do=json-db&i=1&jsonp=jsonCallback&lang=en&m_sort_json_plp=sort_avail|sort_flags|pricehigh&pt=shop&q=*&q1=B723B97D-E82F-4294-AB93-24EE5D1C5531&showRetired=false&sort=sort_flags&sp_q_exact_9=us&x1=theme_id

Edited by Richard Dower

1 hour ago, carlo.fadel said:

Maybe 42065 is march release. Instead, it seems there are no chances to finally get the fire truck 42051...

Its all good. I looked again this evening and it's there.  Dec 20th release for UK. 

The building instructions for some of the new sets are released on the Customer service site. B-model instructions are also available...

35 minutes ago, HallBricks said:

The building instructions for some of the new sets are released on the Customer service site. B-model instructions are also available...

But some parts (new ones, like new worm gear) are "out of stock" on the LEGO Service page :(

Yah, it'll be like that until february at the earliest - the "buy" section of Bricks and Pieces closes in january* to allow customer services to catch up with missing / broken parts queries from over the chrimble period. I'd like to get some of the 2017 sets myself for those nifty new parts, but I don't fancy the hustle an' bustle of my local LEGO Store on the 20th.

* Just spotted a note on the site mentioning that it will be closing on 15th Dec, returning february 2017

Edited by Gnac

2 hours ago, Gnac said:

Yah, it'll be like that until february at the earliest - the "buy" section of Bricks and Pieces closes in january to allow customer services to catch up with missing / broken parts queries from over the chrimble period. I'd like to get some of the 2017 sets myself for those nifty new parts, but I don't fancy the hustle an' bustle of my local LEGO Store on the 20th.

Do you know if that's just temporary or will it stay closed? I really like being able to purchase from there, some parts are cheaper than on BrickLink and the shipping fee is always low.

5 hours ago, HallBricks said:

some of the parts lists are up as well: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=1&catString=36&catType=S&v=1

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/search?ignorereferer=true&showmarketselector=true#?search&text=42060%20Roadwork%20Crew%20Technic

On 24/11/2016 at 0:54 AM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Even though they are different scales, they look good together:

800x480.jpg

And when you align the special bricks, It creates a "T" shape...   It's probably nothing, but it's cool. :classic:

800x480.jpg

https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/r/www/r/service/-/media/franchises/customer service/technic/42058-59.pdf?l.r2=226129975

build away!

Edited by Richard Dower

1 hour ago, HallBricks said:

Do you know if that's just temporary or will it stay closed?

Temporary, though it felt like about two months had passed when it finally re-opened earlier this year... :1