I have downloaded the pictures, if anyone needs them contact at: lxfru2001@gmail.com

11 hours ago, nikolyakov said:

If BMW licensed set, then it had to be telelever front and paralever rear suspensions for authenticity :) Cardan shaft isnt on the left side of bike by the way. 

but it would be very difficult to "squeeze" this one inside, but let LEGO surprise us

2 hours ago, LXF said:

I have downloaded the pictures, if anyone needs them contact at: lxfru2001@gmail.com

i have too,

22 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

but it would be very difficult to "squeeze" this one inside, but let LEGO surprise us

they will make one with a spring inside like the new pneumatic pump if it has hidden suspension!

Just now, legotechnicisawesome said:

i have too,

they will make one with a spring inside like the new pneumatic pump if it has hidden suspension!

It make sense from financial point of view - one small shock absorber + several beams is cheaper that two bigger shock absorbers and when you calculate millions?? of sets produced, there is a lot of savings. It could be reason that LEGO went for BMW licence because of front suspension solution?:sceptic:

The shock absorber could be easily fitted inside the Gastank area, so telelever-kind of solution is possible. I hope they did it, + cardan driveshaft. If so, than instant buy for me.

I like the plane (and all models), it looks cool, and be honest: not the visually "small" wings are the cause, that this thing will not fly. :tongue: 

As the wings of the plane seems to be really odd, can it potentially have a variable sweep wing? I think it's fully retracted on the main picture, and the black section visible on the side could slide out to form a proper triangular shape with the back section when extended. That would be a cool function to control via PF :)

56 minutes ago, agrof said:

The shock absorber could be easily fitted inside the Gastank area, so telelever-kind of solution is possible. I hope they did it, + cardan driveshaft. If so, than instant buy for me.

I like the plane (and all models), it looks cool, and be honest: not the visually "small" wings are the cause, that this thing will not fly. :tongue: 

whats a telelever and a carden driveshaft? (sorry i know almost nothing about bikes! :blush:)

13 minutes ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

whats a telelever and a carden driveshaft? (sorry i know almost nothing about bikes! :blush:)

a Telelever is a concept for front suspension of a Motorbike. It was developed by BMW. 

A carden driveshaft is a commonly used to transfer power (torque and rotations) from one place to the over. It uses a joints similar to lego technic u-joints. For further reading I recommend the wikipedia article.

18 minutes ago, AkiyamaWataru said:

a Telelever is a concept for front suspension of a Motorbike. It was developed by BMW. 

A carden driveshaft is a commonly used to transfer power (torque and rotations) from one place to the over. It uses a joints similar to lego technic u-joints. For further reading I recommend the wikipedia article.

thankyou very much! :blush:

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

As the wings of the plane seems to be really odd, can it potentially have a variable sweep wing? I think it's fully retracted on the main picture, and the black section visible on the side could slide out to form a proper triangular shape with the back section when extended. That would be a cool function to control via PF :)

That is possible a lot.

I think there will be four motorized functions-Undercarriage, Cockpit, adjustable wings and VTOL.

Non motorized-Controls by joystick in cockpit and ejection seat.

I don't read this for a couple weeks, then come back to pictures? :grin: Everything is pretty much an instant buy for me, except maybe the boat, depending on the price.  An A model transport truck with trailer included?  YES PLEASE!

It's a bit disappointing that the BMW doesn't appear to have the new printed disc brakes from the Caterham Super 7; maybe there's still time to change that, because I think it would really add a lot to the looks. Maybe there's a functional need for the wedge-belt wheels in the B-model, though.

Most of those sets look a bit kiddish and functionless, but I do really like the BMW motorcycle, and the plane isn't bad.  The plane does seem a bit dissproportional and would've benefited from a set of canards, but I am a sucker for aviation related sets, so it's always nice to see another.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Can anyone estimate the parts count for the BMW motorbike ... I'd say around 650-700 ... is that realistic?