hiroki

An SDCC-Exclusive part?

Hi,

I've been looking to buy parts for the 2015 SDCC Action Comics #1 set. Upon my research I've noticed that the part with Design Number 98281 (Green Wedge 6 x 4 x 2/3 Quad Curved) only appears in this set.

How is it possible that a part is a convention exclusive? And will it ever be released in a widely available set? It's baffling to me that TLG would do this.

Kind of evil, isn't it. We'll probably get it in a City set a few years from now.

I really hope so. It's strange that TLG would make a run of 1 part in 1 particular color in such a limited number.

I really hope so. It's strange that TLG would make a run of 1 part in 1 particular color in such a limited number.

Why is that strange? It´s an exclusive and LEGO has the design, the need for that piece and the machines :laugh: !

Why is that strange? It´s an exclusive and LEGO has the design, the need for that piece and the machines :laugh: !

I was expecting a limited run only for the minifigs. To have it in one or the brick-built sets, when other sets, like the Ultron throne or the Batmobile can be cheaply BL'd.

Well, it's still just an existing part molded in a new color. It's not like they created an entire new mold and used it only for this one ultra-rare set.

I fully expect to see it turn up in a regular, wide-release set sometime.

Another possibility is that they needed these for one of the parks or for a certified professional, so they took a few parts of that batch for this set ?

Thanks for all the input!

I guess unless a part has been retired, there's a possibility it will appear in a future set.

There are many times that a part only comes in one set in a certain color, it's not a rare occurrence at all. Sometimes they eventually end up showing up in other sets and sometimes they don't.

Yep. I believe red flick-fire missiles only ever came in one SpongeBob set, never figured out why they never used that again...

Actually Red Flick Fires were also in the Construct a Buzz set back when Toy Story 3 was out.

Also came in the Fairytale and Historic Minifigure set oddly enough

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=61184&colorID=5&in=A