Captain Braunsfeld

[MOC] Forbidden Island Revisited

I thought it was time to revive something classical: Forbidden Island

28790558652_02d408d8c2_c.jpg

So I made my own - modernized and extended - version, based on the original base plate and including many original elements.

28820002901_40011214d9_c.jpg

And so this MOC brings us back to the days when water was plain blue and plane - and sand was yellow (there was no tan / dark tan).

28790557192_c6d11f4c18_c.jpg

Monkeys were there, of course.

28820001671_43d7a20266_c.jpg

... and a pirate captain with his crew.

28277754334_51e68074c3_c.jpg

Thanks for watching - C&C welcome! :pir-sweet:

Great re make! You have managed to translate the fell of the set to the new MOC really well, all things considered.

This is a really nice take on a great set - one of my favorite Pirates sets. I love the faithfully reproduced details, from the re-creation of the baseplate to the crow's nest. Then the additions are great as well. The pirate crew, and the wooden construction fit very nicely, as does the wildlife. A couple of chickens and seagulls, a crab, a turtle, some fishies, and some clam shells really bring life to the island. And I love that classic monkey.

Nice work!

Edited by x105Black

Cool island with tons of detail!

pirate_satisfied.gif

Awesome re-make! love the classic yellow for the sand! Very well done, looks like classic pirates, looks great.

Thank you. As it stands, I currently do have more tan bricks than yellow bricks.... times are a-changing...

Great re make! You have managed to translate the fell of the set to the new MOC really well, all things considered.

pirate_satisfied.gif I had hoped to achieve about that!

This is a really nice take on a great set - one of my favorite Pirates sets. I love the faithfully reproduced details, from the re-creation of the baseplate to the crow's nest. Then the additions are great as well. The pirate crew, and the wooden construction fit very nicely, as does the wildlife. A couple of chickens and seagulls, a crab, a turtle, some fishies, and some clam shells really bring life to the island. And I love that classic monkey.

Nice work!

Not to forget the suspension bridges. They used to be around quite a lot and then they just disappeared - and I always found it difficult to re-include them in a set.

But "Forbidden Island" just had to have them and so there are now two of them!

About the "classic monkey": I am hoping for "new monkeys". They have done a new mould for ninjago (and it is called something like Monkey 2 when you order replacement parts) and their monkey is silver and orange - but I am hoping for a decent brown ape.