The completed collab that John and I built for Brickfair VA 2016 where it won Best Castle/Knights. The base is 130×98 studs making it our largest build ever, and it weighs a whopping 87 pounds! Which is 56 pounds more than our next largest build, which was our big collab build last year, Katoren. Every building has a full interior and all the doors actually open. We tried to include tons of little details, and there are some interesting easter eggs to look for: sig figs, thieves, snowball fights, goats, dragons, fishermen, and custom weapons.

You can see more pictures of the 7 individual modules on their own build pages: Nordheim Docks, Nordheim Paddock, Nordheim Harbormaster, Nordheim Farmhouse, Nordheim Armory, Nordheim Greathouse, and Nordheim Fjall.

Nordheim is a bustling city in Mitgardia. Its harbor and Dwarven mine make it a center of commerce, while its strong walls offer protection from the Northern wilderness.
Overview.jpg

front-a.jpg

Left-corner.jpg

Back-c.jpg

Right.jpg

wall-front.jpg

Cottage.jpg

mount.jpg

balcony.jpg

Dragon3.jpg

Armory.jpg

gatehouse-b.jpg

harbormaster.jpg

armory2.jpg

mountain.jpg

street.jpg

House2.jpg

There are more pictures on brickbuilt.
We hope you enjoy our latest and biggest collaboration :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

It's beautiful! I have been waiting to see it all put together, trying to imagine what the finished product would look like and how it would all fit together, and seeing it now exceeds what I could have thought. Everything works so well together and was clearly well-planned from the start. Things that puzzled me before (like the harbormaster's house in front of the wall, but no water or harbor to master in the smaller build) now make sense, and the whole is greater than the sum of the parts (which were by themselves great). Now I wish that I had had the free time this past weekend to make the drive to Chantilly to see it in person...

Excellent job guys, it definitely ends up as an incredibly impressive layout! :excited: The colors overall really work very well together, and the photography is excellent as well (I know that can be very complicated for something this large!) Some of my favorite parts were the stone hut, the dark green house, and the boat section out front, but the wall, greathouse, and mountain are quite remarkable as well! :thumbup: Looking forward to your next one! :classic: (Are you planning on increasing it by 56 pounds every year? :laugh:)

Thrice damned me living in Europe, so I was unable to see this wonder of nature (I can hardly call it something else) in real life! :wink:

Great build guys, the Northern architecture is defenitely yours!

This is really amazing, certainly some of the best Mitgardian architecture I've seen.

as I said on Flickr: texturing, proportions, use of colours, different yet cohesive styles for the houses, the natural feeling you get from it.. this is inspiring to say the least.

Thrice damned me living in Europe, so I was unable to see this wonder of nature (I can hardly call it something else) in real life! :wink:

lol that makes 2 of us..

This is just... (speechless)

As titus said this style is defiently yours and I dont think anyone else could master it so well. Congrats in the great build :D

I am speechless! The way the are put together is great. Congrats on a well deserved prize!

Edited by bricklover

Absolutely incredible! There really are some very impressive techniques here, the mountain, rather unsurprisingly, steals the show, but the technique used for the path and some of the roof designs are standout in their own right.

I luv this... I always had a weakness for the incredible livestyle of vikings and how they managed to live and build their lifes. This resembles it all. The look, the feel and what an incredible build. Just wow!

Agreed, I need to see this IRL :wub::drool:

Well that surely sets a standard for what one has to do about a Mitgardian town.

I've seen some elements as they were ready - but to have this beautiful and detailed city is something else altogether. Just great ! :wub:

I like the ice fishing (to mention one of the details) and I have found several sigfigs - so I hope that the guy with the horns on the helmet is my Major Marron :grin:

Beautiful! I have been waiting to see the modules put together and the whole display looks terrific. You certainly put a lot of details and different building styles into your modules and that's what I'm often missing in large displays, well done!

Also, great to see to siblings collaborating for something like this, I've been trying to get my younger brother out of his Dark Ages for years now for the same purpose, but no luck so far. :wink:

Edited by Speedboat

Amazing work guys. What's really impressive to me is that each component (as we've seen over the past month or so with your presentations) stands completely on it's own as a solid build.... and then you went and locked them altogether for this beast.

I'm inspired. :thumbup:

This is truly wonderful! :wub: Everything is full of life, streets and buildings are nicely textured, and all of the separate builds are added to the final build perfectly! :wub:

It's beautiful! I have been waiting to see it all put together, trying to imagine what the finished product would look like and how it would all fit together, and seeing it now exceeds what I could have thought. Everything works so well together and was clearly well-planned from the start. Things that puzzled me before (like the harbormaster's house in front of the wall, but no water or harbor to master in the smaller build) now make sense, and the whole is greater than the sum of the parts (which were by themselves great). Now I wish that I had had the free time this past weekend to make the drive to Chantilly to see it in person...

Thanks! It was pretty exciting for us when we first saw it all together, so I'm glad you like it so much too.

Excellent job guys, it definitely ends up as an incredibly impressive layout! :excited: The colors overall really work very well together, and the photography is excellent as well (I know that can be very complicated for something this large!) Some of my favorite parts were the stone hut, the dark green house, and the boat section out front, but the wall, greathouse, and mountain are quite remarkable as well! :thumbup: Looking forward to your next one! :classic: (Are you planning on increasing it by 56 pounds every year? :laugh:)

Thanks Garmadon! The photography was perhaps the biggest challenge with this build, our backdrop just isn't big enough :laugh:

Thanks Titus :sweet:

This is really amazing, certainly some of the best Mitgardian architecture I've seen.

Thank you!

as I said on Flickr: texturing, proportions, use of colours, different yet cohesive styles for the houses, the natural feeling you get from it.. this is inspiring to say the least.

lol that makes 2 of us..

Thanks en_zoo, we were very pleased with the end product.

This is just... (speechless)

As titus said

this style is defiently yours and I dont think anyone else could master it so well. Congrats in the great build :D

Thank you!

I am speechless! The way the are put together is great. Congrats on a well deserved prize!

Thanks bricklover, I was surprised we won to be honest, as there were some amazing and way bigger castle layouts there.

Absolutely incredible! There really are some very impressive techniques here, the mountain, rather unsurprisingly, steals the show, but the technique used for the path and some of the roof designs are standout in their own right.

Thanks BC!

The individual parts were great, but the complete model is stunning! :thumbup:

Thank you :blush:

Absolutely stunning. A giant model comprised of many individually beautiful aspects.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :classic:

I luv this... I always had a weakness for the incredible livestyle of vikings and how they managed to live and build their lifes. This resembles it all. The look, the feel and what an incredible build. Just wow!

Thanks a lot, narbilu! Glad you think we achieved that look :sweet:

Well that surely sets a standard for what one has to do about a Mitgardian town.

I've seen some elements as they were ready - but to have this beautiful and detailed city is something else altogether. Just great ! :wub:

I like the ice fishing (to mention one of the details) and I have found several sigfigs - so I hope that the guy with the horns on the helmet is my Major Marron :grin:

Thanks Captain Braunsfeld! Glad you noticed the sig figs :classic:

Beautiful! I have been waiting to see the modules put together and the whole display looks terrific. You certainly put a lot of details and different building styles into your modules and that's what I'm often missing in large displays, well done!

Also, great to see to siblings collaborating for something like this, I've been trying to get my younger brother out of his Dark Ages for years now for the same purpose, but no luck so far. :wink:

Thank you! We tried to keep things different, but still cohesive. Hopefully your brother comes out of his dark age soon! :classic:

Amazing work guys. What's really impressive to me is that each component (as we've seen over the past month or so with your presentations) stands completely on it's own as a solid build.... and then you went and locked them altogether for this beast.

I'm inspired. :thumbup:

Thanks mrcp6d, glad you like it so much! :blush:

Amazing!!!!

Looks Great!!!!

Greetings

Thank you!

This is truly wonderful! :wub: Everything is full of life, streets and buildings are nicely textured, and all of the separate builds are added to the final build perfectly! :wub:

Thanks Sorrelon!

This is amazing! Love the little village!

Thanks Master Data :classic:

All together it looks AMAZING. The mountain is very impressive.

Thanks, the mountain was definitely one of my favorite parts :classic:

Excellent display! I love how full of details you've managed to pack it :classic:

Between Ecc's build at Brickworld and this one, Mitgardia seems stronger than ever at those conventions!

What a bustling, icy city. The greathouse is still my fav module, with the dock coming in close second. I wasnt too fond of the mountain, as i felt you two couldve combined ideas for something better, but overall this is incredible!

The builds on their own were great but seeing them together makes them even more spectacular!

Excellent job guys!