Bricksnaps

Harry Potter and the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch

My 9 year old son started reading Harry potter when school got out in May, and knowing that we were heading to Brickfair Virginia in August, wanted to build a Quidditch scene based on the second movie together.

Many Bricklink orders later and countless hours studying screenshots from the movie and our finished product was displayed this past weekend.

Below are some pics that I currently have, I took most before I left, I will probably set up again and photograph more detail, once I am unpacked.

The Quidditch arena is almost 7.5 feet long, has 16 accurate towers as seen in the second movie with seating at the top, a passage way to move between stands and a stairwell to climb up to the stands and towers. I tried to capture the feeling from the movie in the stands, that are made with wood and have the House colours draped over the front, with you being able to see through to the bottom of the stands.

The Quidditch rings are identical to the movies as much as I could achieve. I could not source a white flexible hose in the right length for the wrings, so I purchased black ones and then spray painted with regular primer and then scratched at them to give an attempt at a worn look.

There are probably over 200 school children in authentic Gryffindor and Slytherin Lego minifigures (Capes are being added as I type for the next round of photographs). Most of the school teachers are present in the stands.

There is a full compliment of 7 Gryffindor and 7 Slytherin Lego Quiddich players and an additional 7 custom Hufflepuff and 7 Custom Ravenclaw Quidditch Players.

The field is striped with both regular green and bright green plates and tiles (bright green is pretty scarce).

We have many other activities going on in the stands and outside too, with Cheerleaders, an appearance from Willy Wonker and Hermonie dropping all of her books.

I hope you enjoy, thanks for taking the time to look. Cheers.

28748234986_3d54efef7c_k.jpgHarry Potter Quidditch arena. Based mainly on the 2nd H.P movie we have accurately recreated one of the most iconic pop culture sporting arenas of all time. This was such a fun father/son project to complete and measures almost 7.5 feet long. by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28769510481_83907a7773_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

snitch chase by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28740489632_761ab0acbb_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28769514271_3201feb509_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28561102440_13425bf1a7_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28740494192_a095d974ad_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28769512471_0a2e0cacca_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28778492232_eacf436d21_h.jpgsnitch chase by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28680767186_26f1c67c08_k.jpgAny Harry Potter fans out there? :) by Martin Harris, on Flickr

Very impressive! I really like all the details you have managed to add. I wish I was there to see it in person!

Brilliant! Very well detailed and executed. Looks completely accurate and scaled. It doesn't get much better than this.

Thanks everyone it's such a fun build and I am glad it can be enjoyed. I was really pushing for enough of a realistic representation and then adding a little bit of fun.

Unreal!!!!! How did you get the ravenclaw and hufflepuff torsos?

So they are printed and stuck on, I purchased the basic files off a guy from Instagram as I was out of time and needed them quickly as they were a last minute thought. I have now been offered some custom printed ones made by someone if I plug them, however I may actually make my own decals and do them a bit differently.

Fantastic! I especially like all the high detailed custom graphic designs!

Fantastic! I especially like all the high detailed custom graphic designs!

Thank you. Do you mean the designs on the flags? They are actually from the Lego Harry Potter sticker book and the large Hogwarts banners are from one of the sets that I brick linked.

The Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch players are custom stickers that I stuck on, but I have just placed an order for custom printed figs.

What a huge layout! You captured it perfectly, I love the inclusion of unreleased Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw players. Your son must be so happy playing with this stand all day long :laugh:

I have two more questions... Where are you getting the torsos custom printed and could you please put up decals for them too? If you could I would be really grateful!!

Edited by 09JBlake

This is just so incredible. Makes me wish they had released official torsos for Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs :sadnew:

I have two more questions... Where are you getting the torsos custom printed and could you please put up decals for them too? If you could I would be really grateful!!

Hey man I actually had them custom made by Eclipse Graphics and will be photographing with them soon. The ones in the pics were fairly crude stickers so I'm glad to get some more solid figs.

What technique did you use for rounding each end of the field?

What technique did you use for rounding each end of the field?

Trial and error, with it being so large each stand and tower was built with a bit of an angle to it, which varied for each one, I was pleased with the end result. That was maybe the hardest part.

On August 9, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Stillinamerica said:

My 9 year old son started reading Harry potter when school got out in May, and knowing that we were heading to Brickfair Virginia in August, wanted to build a Quidditch scene based on the second movie together.

Many Bricklink orders later and countless hours studying screenshots from the movie and our finished product was displayed this past weekend.

Below are some pics that I currently have, I took most before I left, I will probably set up again and photograph more detail, once I am unpacked.

The Quidditch arena is almost 7.5 feet long, has 16 accurate towers as seen in the second movie with seating at the top, a passage way to move between stands and a stairwell to climb up to the stands and towers. I tried to capture the feeling from the movie in the stands, that are made with wood and have the House colours draped over the front, with you being able to see through to the bottom of the stands.

The Quidditch rings are identical to the movies as much as I could achieve. I could not source a white flexible hose in the right length for the wrings, so I purchased black ones and then spray painted with regular primer and then scratched at them to give an attempt at a worn look.

There are probably over 200 school children in authentic Gryffindor and Slytherin Lego minifigures (Capes are being added as I type for the next round of photographs). Most of the school teachers are present in the stands.

There is a full compliment of 7 Gryffindor and 7 Slytherin Lego Quiddich players and an additional 7 custom Hufflepuff and 7 Custom Ravenclaw Quidditch Players.

The field is striped with both regular green and bright green plates and tiles (bright green is pretty scarce).

We have many other activities going on in the stands and outside too, with Cheerleaders, an appearance from Willy Wonker and Hermonie dropping all of her books.

I hope you enjoy, thanks for taking the time to look. Cheers.

28748234986_3d54efef7c_k.jpgHarry Potter Quidditch arena. Based mainly on the 2nd H.P movie we have accurately recreated one of the most iconic pop culture sporting arenas of all time. This was such a fun father/son project to complete and measures almost 7.5 feet long. by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28769510481_83907a7773_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

snitch chase by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28740489632_761ab0acbb_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28769514271_3201feb509_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28561102440_13425bf1a7_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28740494192_a095d974ad_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28769512471_0a2e0cacca_k.jpgHarry Potters Quidditch by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28778492232_eacf436d21_h.jpgsnitch chase by Martin Harris, on Flickr

28680767186_26f1c67c08_k.jpgAny Harry Potter fans out there? :) by Martin Harris, on Flickr

Any chance you'll do one for  quidditch world cup