Sign in to follow this  
polarstein

[MOCs] Space station scenes - emotions of Commander Dave

Hi all

Just want to show a small few space station/ship scenes of Commander Dave, an astronaut who has some emotional ups and downs recently on board of his space ship/station:

He generally likes the clean white design of this modern space ship taking him and his fellow astronauts to a long journey far away from the dust and dirt on his home planet. Sometimes when he's entering this section of the ship he thinks how great it would be to sprinkle a few drops of red, yellow and blue paint on the super functional wall sections. Well, he has enough time to figure out how to do that with the existing equipment on board and NASA doesn't need to know ...

28800619151_93335f2c82_z.jpgSpace - White Corridor by Polar Stein, on Flickr

Commander Dave starts to think that the journey is doomed. Nothing ever works on this bloody space ship. He doesn't know yet how to repair the mainframe server which is providing navigation support. Where is the damn manual ...

28181996014_4da6120eb6_z.jpgSpace ship mainframe failure by Polar Stein, on Flickr

The space agency promised unlimited water supply on board of their station. He wished he would have read the smallprint more carefully ....

27870565963_07537a961d_z.jpgUnlimited water supply - space technology by Polar Stein, on Flickr

His fellow astronaut was already in stasis for the long journey when Commander Dave realised that he's in big trouble. How the hell could this happen with such modern equipment? If he survives this mess, then he'll raise an angry complaint ...

28612505856_8f39ede8ce_z.jpgOH NO - hypersleep pod on fire by Polar Stein, on Flickr

Still in the first six months after coming out of my super long dark ages. I should probably try to build a spaceship at some point as I never did that in my childhood but now start to like sci-fi builds.

Comments and critique very welcome.

Cheers,

Polarstein

Hahaha! Great stuff! That hallway is wonderful! :wub:

Love the sleeping capsules, and the mainframe is really really nice. :grin: great stuff! Keep it up!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I love it, very nice main frame! I can just imagine the manufacturer of the cryo-pod: "The OH-NO Cryo pod, brought to you by Sleep-corp, a subsidiary of the Sirius Cybernetics Company"

Very cool elements and nice story settings.

Thanks!

Nice vignettes. LOL at the 3rd image [...]

He he, thanks. I found that one trans yellow pipe in my legos from the 80s and had to use it somehow.

Great fun little designs with a nice cohesive feel to them.

Thanks!

I looooooooove that mainframe!

I was also surprised how well the trans bricks shine on the photo.

:grin: great stuff! Keep it up!

Thanks! Had some fun build those over a couple of weeks.

I love it, very nice main frame! I can just imagine the manufacturer of the cryo-pod: "The OH-NO Cryo pod, brought to you by Sleep-corp, a subsidiary of the Sirius Cybernetics Company"

Yep! LOL.

That's great looking and really funny, thanks for making me smile bro!

Thanks! I did smile few times when I had a thought and again when the picture was done.

That's some excellent photography! The burning stasis pod scene made ROFL :grin:

Thanks!

Here's a quick bonus, hope it doesn't violate any rules :blush:

Commander Dave may be too long on board of the ship as he starts to develop hallucinations. Or is there a malfunction with the aircon and too much carbon dioxide in the air?

28945476556_61e4eda4ce_z.jpgSpace - hallucinations when too long on board ... by Polar Stein, on Flickr

First thing that popped into my mind;

:wink:

Lovely build, I'm loving the simplicity style of that corridor and mainframe system. :sweet:

First thing that popped into my mind;

:wink:

Lovely build, I'm loving the simplicity style of that corridor and mainframe system. :sweet:

Thanks and LOL on the 2001 reference, you're right. :grin:

His fellow astronaut Frank stopped the rotation of the section and is fixing the aircon in zero gravity to stop those hallucinations:

28833209032_9e7cc5e75f_z.jpgSpace - Zero Gravity - White Corridor by Polar Stein, on Flickr

Edited by polarstein