Professor Thaum

[Challenge 5][Cat A] Octan old S-UNIT model TT

o6rn.jpgHadvice, you may unplug the model TT

uzcs.jpg Yes professor... done !

354z.jpg

Prof : lady and gentlemen, let me introduce yourself... an ancient Octan Sawmill Unit model trimming tool robot ... It was very usefull in a sawmill

That's why it will certainly be efficient for your stupid and brutal space game...

Just an little upgrade with regard to the first model It is all awesomium powered and has no risk to be out of fuel.

p391.jpg

It's allright Hadvice, we may leave and let the sportsman deal with it.

ntnp.jpg

C&C welcome

other bonus pics soon.

the bot fit in a 16 x 16 plate, except for the claws...

rw5l.jpg

... the claws fi in a 4x2 plate... I think I'm OK with the recommended size

izus.jpg

Edited by Professor Thaum

I agree with Greeble. Awesome look, but it does break the size limit by just a bit, I think, and the weapons limit by a little more. It's all in the saw/drill hand, though, so my suggestion would be, since the entry is considered a Work-in-Progress before the due date, why don't you swap the grinding gears for a rather small hand, so it'll look like a fiddler crab of sorts. :laugh: You could call that its tool-manipulation hand, and it can still be a sawmill robot, just not one with a built-in saw. :classic:

The claws are fine though, and according to this post don't count as weapons. :wink: I did initially consider a drill hand too, but the weapons restriction prevented that possibility.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Euh... the plate used in pics is a 16x16 one

It fits with the 20x20 and so with the rule

Category A – Mech Wrestling

Rules:

Make an unmanned combat mech. It should have two arms and two legs. No weapons are allowed, and your mech must fit inside a 20x20 stud area when laid down in cruciform position, see the image in the spoiler. You should post a similar image to prove that your mech fits the size restriction.

claws are allowed (according to Big Sal) and the triple grinder is still under investigation (by Big Sal too)

If the grinder is a problem, I will replace it by a simple hand

And a correction pic if the grinder is a problem, consider it as official... my son prefer this one to the other...

just for the sizing chart : the normal hand is shorter (about 2 studs) than the triple grinder...

n9s3.jpg

Now, that mech is no more an ancient sawmill unit :hmpf_bad:

It features claws to catch the trunks, but no more trimming tool to ripp off the bark...

Anyway, this is for the sport.

Now, that mech is no more an ancient sawmill unit :hmpf_bad:

It features claws to catch the trunks, but no more trimming tool to ripp off the bark...

Anyway, this is for the sport.

Fittingly modified by your good professor to fit the rules of the sport! :grin:

Frankly, I like it better with the hands anyways. :blush: great work! I like the little light on the back. It's a good touch! The claw hand is very effective! I expect he'll be very efficient at bringing down his enemies in the ring, like he brought down mighty trees in his past life!

May the odds be in your favour!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

We'll judge the version with the hand. The version with the grinder was probably a little bit too weapony :look: