Focus

Torturous Trial

The Escape

The Calamity Star

Hyperdrive Repairs

Motivating the Troops

Kuati Spaceport

A Friend of a Friend

"Again!" shouted Bryce. He and MKJoshA had been training for weeks.

28822937226_f3e18589a3_c.jpg

Like the rest of Viqi's residence of service, even the training room was elaborate. Josh's first day of training had begun with a question, "WOW! Are those real lightsabers? Where did you get them and why hasn't the Empire taken them from you?"

"Do you want to train?" asked Bryce. Josh, realizing his excitement was a little premature just hung his head. "Do you want to avenge your brother and learn to take down a Mandalorian?" Josh stayed silent, his anger at what the Mando had done to his brother welling up inside him. "Then you can ask a question only after you first land a hit on me. Let's begin."

28853972635_32ed52a0ec_c.jpg

The first chance Josh had to ask a question was a week later. Bryce was a hard teacher, but his lessons were effective. When Josh finally scored his first hit with their training staves, he asked "Do you know how to wield a lightsaber?" "Knowing how to use one and knowing how to wield one are two different things" began Bryce. "I can turn the blade on, I can use it to cut your arms off. But to truly master it I would have to be a Jedi. Only a Jedi can effectively learn to use such a weapon." "Why is that?" asked Josh. "That is another question" said Bryce and their training continued.

Over the next few days Josh improved quickly and got the answers to many more question. Bryce told him, "What most people don't realize when they think about using a lightsaber is that the handle is the heaviest part of the weapon. As the blade is made of light, it weighs nothing. A normal being would sooner cut their own limbs off than effectively use a lightsaber in a fight. Only a Jedi has the danger sense needed to avoid harming themselves when wielding it." Josh also learned that being a former Senator had its perks. One of which included the Empire not snooping into her private collection of "artifacts" when the Jedi purge happened which allowed Senator Lysani to keep her small collection of old lightsabers. Josh asked if Kale had gotten his lightsaber from this collection. "I do not know where your friend acquired his," said Bryce. "But there are many such cache's of Jedi artifacts across the galaxy. Your friend must have connections with someone else who has similar tastes to the Senator."

28822940276_3a344817fc_c.jpg

Finally, after 2 months of training Bryce told Josh he was ready. "You have learned everything you can from me. Your senses are more attuned to your surroundings, your reflexes are improved, and your knowledge of all combat maneuvers is impressive. If you go after this Mandalorian, you will be able to beat her in a fair fight and even an unfair one. But you must remember what I taught you. As you are fighting you will be taken to a cliff's edge. Better men than you have come to that cliff and fallen off. If you allow your anger to be your driving reason for fighting in that moment you will fall and you will become the very kind of person you are trying to destroy. But if you fight for justice, you will face that edge, understand its dangers, and will come back from it."

28822941186_95ba53d854_c.jpg

OoC: Trying some more lighting effects. Not super thrilled, but it kind of worked.

Lovely pattern on the floor There. I like that the main floor is elevated. It makes the build feel more dynamic and part of a larger world. Very smooth and pleasant. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Very cool build - I especially like the stairs, and the slight border around the fighting area. I think the slope elements on the windows add some interest as far as the light goes. A few minor suggestions - I would change up the minifig positions a bit more, maybe show them fighting in the second picture too. I think with the strong backlight, it could have worked well to have each character silhouetted in front of a window, about to come together, maybe shot from near floor height. Those are just small suggestions, though - I like the build overall.

Simple and slick! I really like it, especially love the rounded stairs, they're genius. The narrative is intruiging as well!

Excellently done scene and good read! I like the floor pattern as well as the stair design. This also reminds me of the Rebels episode where Kanan faced the Jedi temple guards.

Edited by Merc4Hire

Fantastic building techniques going on here, especially in the floor pattern. The lighting is fantastic. Oddly enough though one of my favorite parts of this is the excellent usage of the Uruk-hai torso, which I never thought to use for a person.