hhcBrick

[MOC] Neo FX Star Patroller

I haven't posted anything on Eurobricks for quite a while (Sorry!)– I've moved from building mainly Town and City models to Space models over the last couple of years. This is a re-interpretation of the 6931 FX Star Patroller from 1985, but quite a bit larger and in the 'Neo-Classic Space' style.

17654719523_d58458db12_z.jpg

Neo FX Star Patroller by Alec Hole, on Flickr

The spacecraft was completed just over a year ago: there are some more photos in this Flickr album and I've just got round to writing a blog post with some more information.

Looks awesome, and I love the guns, computer panels on the side, other details that make it immediately recognizable. Great job recreating my favorite set ever.

Looks fantastic. I am crazy for wings angled downward and placed at the rear of the craft (check out my E-wing), so you have me hooked with this alone. Looks great. The big rear body and the slightly humped mid section make it very sexy too

Looks fantastic.

- thanks very much. I couldn't find a link to a picture of your E-Wing in your posts, please could you give me one?

Oh wow, I just discovered that post! Looks great :classic: I got the original one for christmas once and it was such a cool set. You made a quite dashing design out of it. Very stylish and boldly different approach. I like that a lot :thumbup::classic:

Gorgeous! I especially love the blue telephones used to detail the tail of the ship :wub:

LittleWorlds, ikba, BrickJagger -- thanks very much!

BrickCurve -- thank you, yes it is swooshable. I did quite a lot of work to make the structure strong enough. You can pick it up by the neck close to the rear section and carry it. Most of the weight is in the rear section, so the neck is designed to support the front section. The angled wings on the rear section are braced underneath so they don't flap about. The most fragile part is the blue tower at the back, if you tip the ship from side to side too quickly it can unclip and fall off, but apart from that she is pretty solid.

I forgot to mention the dimensions of the ship: 88cm long x 50cm wide x 31cm tall, I believe this counts as a 100 stud 'SHIP' although it was originally intended to be a medium-sized model.

Looks splendid! I love the overal aesthetitcs. You did a great job converting that classic set into this beauty!