Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

OK, right, first takes:

60135 [Gangster squad] - 5.99

A Starter Pack of crooks? Remarkable! They're probably reused prints, though.

60138 Police Chase - 29.99

Prediction: Speed Champions pieces (wheels, fenders, windshields) will show up here. Crooks should have a more daring color, though.

60144 Sports Plane - 9.99

Money Truck - 14.99

Nope, armored van, with stash of cash and gold. Policeman will be on the new motorcycle mould.

Beach Buggy - 9.99

Monster Truck - 9.99

Eh, kiddie sets. Let them be, unless they have some key recolors or new parts, in which case get it and modify it.

60147 Fishing Boat - 19.99

Seen it, amazing pick-me-up.

Truck with Catamaran - 19.99

Truck with Quads - 19.99

These are ones to watch. The trucks could be the same, and their coupling could be different. Their loads are interesting enough.

Pizza Van - 19.99

Pizza Van, Pizza Van, does what a pizza can--no that turned out wrong. Anyway, it's gonna have an opening side, new oven builds, another feature.

Dragster Transport - 29.99

Dragster (could be a Funny Car or Top Fuel) on a lorry. Another kiddie set. Leave it be.

Street Sweeper and Truck - 29.99

Combination street sweeper and dump truck. Could hide a nifty function to transport the rubbish. You can go have this.

Mobile Police Truck - 39.99

Cab-over lorry, has a small control center.

Police Starter Set - 9.99

Oh, wait, this is a starter set.

Inevitable Police Station - 99.99

Big HQ, 4x4, probably a play function that deploys units. Redundant, but this station could be special.

Bank Robbery - 59.99

Could be a bigger bank than the last one.

Service Truck Heist - 19.99

Here is an intriguing one. I was under the impression that the service truck has a supercar, but the price says otherwise.

Either way, we're gonna have to wait until the first intel dumps come up.

Pizza Van - 19.99

Pizza Van, Pizza Van, does what a pizza can--no that turned out wrong. Anyway, it's gonna have an opening side, new oven builds, another feature.

So you think that the pizza van will be a mobile stall selling pizza? I thought more about a small truck from City Pizza delivering pizza ...

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Well after reading about all these new City sets I just wonder - no new "Fun in the [place here a name of any location]" set? Or is it to be released later in 2017? What do you guys think?

Edited by Ookami

Well after reading about all these new City sets I just wonder - no new "Fun in the [place here a name of any location]" set? Or is it to be released later in 2017? What do you guys think?

I suspect that they'll make another one next year because by the looks of it this year's people pack sold exceptionally well. :classic:

So you think that the pizza van will be a mobile stall selling pizza? I thought more about a small truck from City Pizza delivering pizza ...

Klaus-Dieter

I hope it will be a Pizza Truck, like the Ice Cream Truck was in the Lego Movie ;)

Do you remember ?

> http://images.brickset.com/sets/AdditionalImages/70804-1/70804_alt3.jpg

Edited by sebitsena

Is there anything in the info we have so far to suggest that there will be a helicopter in any of the new 2017 sets?

Is there anything in the info we have so far to suggest that there will be a helicopter in any of the new 2017 sets?

lol, very funny, like it

I also liking the sound of the sets which link to boats, hopefully a harbour in the second half of the year

lol, very funny, like it

I also liking the sound of the sets which link to boats, hopefully a harbour in the second half of the year

1. It depends on whether the "ambulance" legomilk mentioned will be only one set - namely an ambulance in the Great Vehicles theme - or even a whole theme. A Hospital theme namely which for sure would offer a helicopter. Independent from that there for sure will be minimum one theme / set in summer which includes a heli - at least the histroy of the last years shows that.

2. I really hope that there'll be a whole Harbor theme in summer. And I even would be surprise if there won't be any; the last harbor we got was back in 2011!

Klaus-Dieter

I sincerely how the ambulance is part of a hospital sub theme, with the release of the baby and wheelchair this summer it certainly makes it reasonable to assume these will fit nicely however, as I've found, lego is extremely unpredictable in its releases apart from the pattern with police and fire, especially in the early part of the year.

The summer seems to follow more of a patern with a city sub theme most years, but who knows maybe they'll buck the trend again this year!!!

It is a little funny how they are releasing a bank when the far superior brick bank was released last January. Nobody would buy it. They should have released much later when the brick bank is discontinued. Weird. Well I know one set I will not be buying...

It is a little funny how they are releasing a bank when the far superior brick bank was released last January. Nobody would buy it. They should have released much later when the brick bank is discontinued. Weird. Well I know one set I will not be buying...

Yeah childrens want bank so you think parents or childrens rather spend 160 € for adult oriented modular than 60€ for children aimed ?

We sometimes completely forget that lego is for kids.

Yeah childrens want bank so you think parents or childrens rather spend 160 € for adult oriented modular than 60€ for children aimed ?

We sometimes completely forget that lego is for kids.

i guess you are right but is it too much to ask that it has a back wall that can open up? Well I guess that would raise the price too much. Hmm...

Also dont forget the Fire Brigade no doubt made its debut alongside the latest and greatest City Fire Station and other fire sets. There are lots of cases where Lego has made smaller sets of basically the same thing to allow for people with different budgets to have a set. Right now, there are two types of fire trucks you can buy, Fire Ladder truck for 24.99 and the fire engine for 49.99. If you can afford the whole fire station for 99.99, then you get one in that set as well.

As for the upcoming bank heist set, it is possible that the bank might now even be the primary feature in that set. For all we know, it could be a police car, getaway car, and a very small structure with a breakaway wall and a safe.

i guess you are right but is it too much to ask that it has a back wall that can open up? Well I guess that would raise the price too much. Hmm...

Most kids don't care about a back wall. That's why Lego makes these kinds of sets for kids and modulars for adults. :wink:

Depending on how well 'park' set sells I could easily see LEGO throwing together a 'Fun at the Beach' set. There are already a ton of sleeveless women torsos and the double mold arms for short sleeves. I think it would be easiest and most fun in the next in line. (If there is a line.)

Its always good to see sets where the bad guys are actually committing some sort of crime (and getting busted for it) rather than just police stations and bad guy hideouts

Probably summer, if it's selling really well they could fast track a sequel set like they did with Frozen. I also wouldn't be betting it would have to be a City set, I imagine one with minifigures and flesh tones, Nexo Knights citizens and mini-dolls would sell well too.