Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The toll booth looks a little too small in my opinion, but still it would be worth while buying a stack of those 40170 sets for all the lights, etc.,.

I don't think it's that bad, it appears to be 5 'baseplates' with 2x2 brick sized holes in each corner to build through to keep them together or raised up.

I also like the unusual box-shape of the accessory set, and the fact that they've shown a child playing on the front of the play-mat set (noticeably male). The two are clearly designed to go together as the play mats include a car park, and the accessory set a ticket barrier.

1 hour ago, TheLazyChicken said:

Here's a better look at the playmat, and it's disappointing. :sad:

I think it looks great, kids will love it. I could definitely see my son having a big stack of these and laying them all out to play with cars. Much more interesting for quick play than a bunch of grey road baseplates.

8 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I think it looks great, kids will love it. I could definitely see my son having a big stack of these and laying them all out to play with cars. Much more interesting for quick play than a bunch of grey road baseplates.

Same here. As an adult I do not appreciate it but I can see my son playing with that mat for hours.

On 9 July 2017 at 0:46 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Don't the new animal molds usually come in the summer? 

Yup.

On 9 July 2017 at 7:26 AM, Roebuck said:

Mining :sick::wacko:*huh* Little to no chance for new animal moulds there :cry_sad: I was hoping for a glorious return of "farm".. Mountain police may bring a animal mould with them if we are lucky :thumbup:

But the best hope are in "fun at the.... " set, hopefully zoo, farm, forest or something similar :wub: 

Mannn, Farm was back in 2008? 2009? Long overdue IMO. 

On 7/14/2017 at 0:06 PM, TheLazyChicken said:

Here's a better look at the playmat, and it's disappointing. :sad:

35788085581_9c5b2992e5_b.jpg

It depends on how big those road pieces are.  They appear to be equivalent to 32x32 studs (although it's clear they have no studs on them).  It also appears that they might match up perfectly with the existing road plates for sale, in terms of the width of the road versus the curb.  If that's the case, then I might give them a try.  As others have said, if they are cardboard, they won't last long in my house.  We had several of the other cardboard play mats (Friends Heartlake City) and it was quickly degraded to rubbage.

And finally, I suppose those 2x2 squares in the corner of each road piece is so that actual bricks can be inserted, thus providing some point for Lego bricks and plates to be mated with the road pieces.

I wish the accessory set would focus more on printed parts. For example a couple of soda cans and tiles with prints like a water/ketchup stain or a sewerlid etc.

Just to show what Smyths Toys in the UK was giving away today.  Got 2 Jungle Polybags (Set 30355), two double sided posters and some stickers.  The shop said it the event had not been published apart from on their website, no promotion in store during the previous weeks.  So the had tons of boxes of the polybags and they were just giving them out freely.  

Posters are good enough quality to justify framing!

smyths_toys.jpg

There is a competiton with the City Jungle line

You can win a family trip to the jungles of Costa Rica, joining a National Geographic exploration

https://www.lego.com/en-us/city/explore/campaigns/jungle/faq#/32c065aa-7e79-4ea0-bad8-6f273120e892

35762734023_2fefb8f19c_b.jpg

Does this mean the Jungle line is meant to be set on.... Costa Rica? Because that's not even close :laugh:

The accessory set is also available from Shop @ Home (although its currently sold out).

For those in Australia, both the playmat and the accessory set are being sold by the Dreamworld LEGO store (I bought my City Accessory Set from there earlier in the week)

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

The accessory set is also available from Shop @ Home (although its currently sold out).

For those in Australia, both the playmat and the accessory set are being sold by the Dreamworld LEGO store (I bought my City Accessory Set from there earlier in the week)

I was told by Lego Customer Service one month ago they knew nothing of this product, funny how things change in one month eh ?

Though will the accessory kit by only available through Lego branded stores only across the globe ?

Finally picked up Fun at the Beach today (just came out at local retail and at 20% off too which is even better). Really good set with a really good parts selection (so many neat new minifig parts)

I hope LEGO continues this line going forward, the 2 we have had so far have been amazing value and awesome parts packs and I want more of the same :)

11 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I hope this is okay to share .

source is promobricks.

Thanks for sharing that! It was said somewhere earlier this week that one of the four figure packs to be offered next month was a Ninjago Movie based one. So now we'll have to see what the fourth pack is based upon.

Like Target figure cubes, the City offerings are always too generic for me unfortunately, being based upon any of the subthemes current at the time. I would be much more interested in City offerings if they were perhaps more like CMF archetypes, such as uniquely designed citizens that would contribute to people packs.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Thanks for sharing that! It was said somewhere earlier this week that one of the four figure packs to be offered next month was a Ninjago Movie based one. So now we'll have to see what the fourth pack is based upon.

Like Target figure cubes, the City offerings are always too generic for me unfortunately, being based upon any of the subthemes current at the time. I would be much more interested in City offerings if they were perhaps more like CMF archetypes, such as uniquely designed citizens that would contribute to people packs.

Same here—I was kind of hoping, as a pack with four figures, that at least they would represent different "subthemes" of Lego City, and ideally that they might even include unreleased characters from Lego City Undercover like Rex Fury or Chief Dunby. I suppose this pack could still be neat for people looking to augment their Jungle Exploration collection, though.

Edited by Lyichir

Does the welder have a black ponytail hairpiece? Considering the unprinted version of that element was only ever available in one of the GB Olympics minifigures, I might want this set for that piece alone.

Week 4 is a recolored CMF set. Boxer, Hippie, Cheerleader (green "J", with red Babysitter hair) and Sailor.

Screw it, here's a pic, with the Ninjago set from Week 1 along with it.

Bricktober3_4.png

Edited by K_Tiger
Fixin' muh weeks!