Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

29 minutes ago, wooster said:

That cardboard Christmas tree is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in an official Lego set.  Wow!  That is awful!

Right? Half of the tree build is printed on the box! That's a new low.

Ah well a real tree like that would be great but too much for a freebie, I guess. It is like the cardboard houses that came with the chicken minifigure and gingerbread man.  It is  a special kind of torture to see that never made, gorgeous winter outfit (on left hand side of box in first picture) printed on the box but not actually real. Hopefully we will see that torso appear in this year's winter village set....

On 29/06/2017 at 0:01 AM, 8BrickMario said:

Oh, I like Santa with glasses. And surely dismembering Mr. Incredible's leg assembly could make for the boots?

I think Plastic Man's boots would be ideal for Santa although they're printed rather than dual-molded

I thought the whole tree was inside the box!

What the hell is that? 

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

We will get mining sets as well as great vehicles and mountain police in 2018.

Alpine police? That's cool, though I'd wish we would perhaps get an accompanying alpine search and rescue subtheme, something I've proposed on a new City subtheme discussion before.

Mining again?

Well, this year we got a brand new theme (jungle). So, I can't complaint.

@Sir von Lego do you happen to know if there will be another "fun at the.... " set? Thanks for the info. 

Edited by Robert8

6 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Mining :sick::wacko:*huh* Little to no chance for new animal moulds there :cry_sad: I was hoping for a glorious return of "farm".. Mountain police may bring a animal mould with them if we are lucky :thumbup:

But the best hope are in "fun at the.... " set, hopefully zoo, farm, forest or something similar :wub: 

12 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Hmm, so you have a crystal ball ?

Great, mining and mountain cops......I guess the crooks have a still for moonshine production eh ? 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Don't the new animal molds usually come in the summer? 

You are right :grin:, when it comes to city that is usually the case! This is of course the winter sets, silly me assumed mining was a summer theme :blush:

Thank you for restoring my hope in next year city sets :sweet:

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Don't the new animal molds usually come in the summer? 

When the forest police came out in 2012, the bear was introduced in the winter wave, not the summer wave. What I find interesting is that we had mining and forest police that same year and it looks to be repeated this year too.

16 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

What next are you going to reveal? Unikitty sets? Anyways excited about the mining theme. Also looking forward to finding out the sets from great vehicles.

We will probably get another mine set like 4204 and if they do include a new animal mold they could do a mountain goat or a mountain lion for the police set

Thank you very much for this information, Sir von Lego! :classic:

Although this was very sure, I really like to hear that the Great Vehicles subtheme will continue! :thumbup:

For me Moutain Police would - if anyway - only be interesting if it was a winter oriented theme: different police snowmobiles, a small police office and some snowy moutain landscape with some huts. I only wonder what the robbers want to steal there. :sceptic:

That TLG brings Mining again is a huge disappointment! The 2012 Mining sets were very low quality. And I don't expect the new ones to be much better since a deep mining is indeed difficult to design if realistic and decent - apart from if it was an open pit instead of a deep mining. Anyway, I hoped for something more attractive: A TV theme or the comeback of Farm, Harbor or Rescue. :thumbdown:

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

A TV theme or the comeback of Farm, Harbor or Rescue. :thumbdown:

I hope Studios will return at some point

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I hope Studios will return at some point

Yes, a film production crew subtheme for City would be cool. :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

if they do include a new animal mold they could do a mountain goat or a mountain lion for the police set

Both would be super! A deer is also possible, but I think a mountain lion is the most likely, they even have the mould now. It could play the same part as the bear in forest police, so it is not unrealistic at all that they will include it (cross my fingers) :grin:

Do mountain police in the States use horses and or dogs for transportation?

The good thing is that if they brought back Studios now in 201x they wouldn't need to include that crappy USB webcam since tablets and phones with cameras and apps are a thing now.

23 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you very much for this information, Sir von Lego! :classic:

Although this was very sure, I really like to hear that the Great Vehicles subtheme will continue! :thumbup:

(...) Anyway, I hoped for something more attractive: A TV theme or the comeback of Farm, Harbor or Rescue. :thumbdown:

I'm happy great vehicles will return. I hope they will be design in the right scale for minifigures like this year sets. I would like Lego to give us cars in which 2 minifugures can sit side by side. It shoulb be easy with jumpers for the seats and classic doors!!!

I dream of a TV truck, with cameras, reporter, and all the stuff. Anyway, i hope a new food truck is coming...

The harbour theme would be a nice addition to 2017 boats, beach and Coast Guards sets ;)

Is it alright if I start a topic for 2018 City?

45 minutes ago, sebitsena said:

I'm happy great vehicles will return. I hope they will be design in the right scale for minifigures like this year sets. I would like Lego to give us cars in which 2 minifugures can sit side by side. It shoulb be easy with jumpers for the seats and classic doors!!!

I dream of a TV truck, with cameras, reporter, and all the stuff. Anyway, i hope a new food truck is coming...

The harbour theme would be a nice addition to 2017 boats, beach and Coast Guards sets ;)

We're long overdue for a couple different City sub-themes to return.

Looks like 853656 could be an update of the city playmat 850929 comprising 5 separate pieces. A poor substitute for real road plates!