Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The cows had the 1 x 2 hole and humans never ride cows (except bulls in a rodeo and I dont think TLG had that in mind)

I noticed that one when looking at leaks of the set! Hopefully we can get it in a 1 wide size as well to allow for various lengths as well.

I would love that part in more colors, I have a number of uses for it, none of which work in yellow :)

13 hours ago, jonwil said:

The cows had the 1 x 2 hole and humans never ride cows (except bulls in a rodeo and I dont think TLG had that in mind)

No, but they probably had carts in mind for future sets. Bull/cow pulled cart :wink:
The hole would also make the pattern worse, unless they made bricks with spotts and stripes to fit in the hole..

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

No, but they probably had carts in mind for future sets. Bull/cow pulled cart :wink:
The hole would also make the pattern worse, unless they made bricks with spotts and stripes to fit in the hole..

Agreed. I think the gap on the cows was a mistake in retrospect for the printed ones, and was indeed surely down to them pulling carts, ploughs etc.

tiger & leopard/jaguar would look terrible with a plain 2x1 brick inserted into that lovely printing. 

Also the ostriches were specifically designed for a set where they are ridden, yet figures have to sit on top. I'm guessing they can do the same on the big cats, as they have to do with the sharks and velociraptors ...

The 2H 2017 City sets are available in TRU Malaysia now.. I supposed the same goes for Singapore and Hong Kong because it's the same pattern they did for Star Wars. 

From shop@home 60161, definitely a leopard :tongue:

"Includes 7 minifigures: a pilot, 2 drivers and 4 scientist/explorers, plus leopard, crocodile, snake, frog and 2 spider figures"

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

From shop@home 60161, definitely a leopard :tongue:

"Includes 7 minifigures: a pilot, 2 drivers and 4 scientist/explorers, plus leopard, crocodile, snake, frog and 2 spider figures"

Did some argue or contest it wasn't?

I always thought it is a leopard.

4 minutes ago, makoy said:

It could have been seen as a spotted jaguar also.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It could have been seen as a spotted jaguar also.

It still can be. 

Leopards and jaguars have different spots.  The printing LEGO is using is much more leopard-style than jaguar-style.  

(Though at that scale, the jaguar's inter-rosette spots may be too small to print)

20 hours ago, makoy said:

I thought they where jaguars until the tiger showed up :blush: Was sure it was the Amazonian jungle and not the Asian type :wink:

Edited by Roebuck
typo

On 5/19/2017 at 2:16 AM, jonwil said:

I would love that part in more colors, I have a number of uses for it, none of which work in yellow :)

Brickset has just put up a new inventory of 700+ parts on their site, and this part (part no. 32739) comes in White in two sets and Orange in one set.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-32739

Now I'm surprised I have not noticed this before, but windshield part no. 28782 (from TLBM Batmobile) comes in Trans. Light Blue in 60168 Sailboat Rescue for City this year.

https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6186655

The white is useful, the bright light orange less so.

Black would be nice.

A version that's 2 studs rather than 4 studs would also be very very useful.

On 18.5.2017 at 8:48 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you all very much for the pics! :classic:

About the Jungle Air Drop Heli:

I dislike that oversized, blocky car. The rope bridge is really poor. And the structure with the cave is imo too small - esp. for that a huge set. Plus instead of the two additional motorbikes TLG should have included another small different vehicle or a bigger cave structure or more animals or more cargo stuff. :thumbdown:

Apart from these, I do like the set very much: The heli is very huge, but comes in a til know never before seen design, there is some cool additional cargo stuff and the tiger looks great. :thumbup:

But the most I'm fascinated by the tower and the small cargo ship - simply amazing! :wub::wub:

Many of the jungle sets and this especially seem to be cobbled together without much thoughts.

The main part of the set is supposed to be the helicopter, right? Which is supposed to be a heavy duty transport. Yet it basically can't transport anything meaningfull, since it needs that special platform to lift something. There are three palletes, one of them for a ligh-generator, one for a coffeemaker/microscope and one with a box and barrels. The small boat can transport two of them. But the super large helicopter only one because the other spot is wasted for those two motorcycles.  Then there is that jeep. It looks quite generic and blocky but at least the heli can transport it. The boat not so much since the jeep is to broad.The tower is okay, although I doubt it's crane is any good at lifting those palletes. The Ruins look nice, besides the horrible bridge but the are indeed to small for that big set. They either should be bigger or really nothing more than a tiny addition.

Edited by mon-o-mat

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The Advent Calendar is a must this year!

-Updated Santa minifigure

- Ice Sculpture

- Gingerbread House

Official Pictures here:

http://www.brickfinder.net/2017/06/28/lego-advent-calendars-2017/

Since the advent of dual molded minifigure legs in 2015, I hoped Lego would have featured a Santa minifigure with unprinted red and black legs for boots. The Disney CMS's Mr. Incredible had introduced them, but with those ugly "diaper" prints. :hmpf_bad:

Oh, I like Santa with glasses. And surely dismembering Mr. Incredible's leg assembly could make for the boots?

For some reason they just dont want to give Santa the boots

Even back in 2012, they could have printed them, like they did with the S8 Downhill Skier

59 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Oh, I like Santa with glasses. And surely dismembering Mr. Incredible's leg assembly could make for the boots?

You would still have the "diaper" prints even if the legs were given a red hip piece instead.

But unprinted dual molded red/black legs could be repurposed for many other characters, such as Tim Drake Robin for instance.

Is it known if / where 60162 Jungle Air Drop Helicopter will be sold in the US? Its not on the websites for S@H, or TRU, or Walmart, or Target. Those are the only US chains I am familiar with having store exclusives. 

That cardboard Christmas tree is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in an official Lego set.  Wow!  That is awful!